Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Singapore group with Ian Rush links buying up non-league grounds

2»

Comments

• Options
    It's not weird or bizarre. They're attempting to lend their property acquisition and development company an air of legitimacy by using him as a frontman.

Rush's advisors are cretins - I suspect he has absolutely no idea about the company or its intentions, and his business/image management company didn't do their due diligence.
    If you were buying land to develop as in housing etc you wouldn't by 2 of the 3 grounds they have bought.  One is in a non residential area on a floodplain and the other is surrounded by cheaper land that would be easier to develop.

I don't think this is black and white as it appears. 
  • Options
    Played for Whyteleafe as a kid, absolutely gutted when I saw the news yesterday. So many parasites in football, Ian Rush joins a long list. 
  • Options
    It doesn’t matter if Rush is part of the decision making or not. He’s letting them use his name so he’s part of this. 

If you don’t want the fallout, he should be sure he knows how his name is being used, and should be able to withdraw from the agreement if he disagrees. 
  • Options
    It's not weird or bizarre. They're attempting to lend their property acquisition and development company an air of legitimacy by using him as a frontman.

Rush's advisors are cretins - I suspect he has absolutely no idea about the company or its intentions, and his business/image management company didn't do their due diligence.
    I’d like to think so Leroy.
  • Options

Just to be Clear:

Ian Rush has allowed his name for a fee to be used when Irama buy Football grounds at part time lower league level. He may believe they are never going to build on the grounds they are purchasing ! He may prove to be right( very unlikely) but being Cafc fans that is difficult to swallow. 

Steven Gerrard's business partner has agreed a fee with Irama to play matches at Whyteleafe for the SG academy so they have a base in the south east, a train ride away for many talented young footballers from South London, Kent, Surrey.

I know they are both Liverpool Legends but Steven Gerrard and Ian Rush have totally different roles in this story.
    Edit
    I have just seen Ian Rush on Sky sports News saying he is a massive supporter of grass roots football and the truth will come out !

If he was on SSN then can't he just tell us the truth now?
  • Options
    It is the depth of our game in this country that is truely unique. Most of the attention goes where the money is of course but once you start chipping away at the foundation and bed rock, we are all in trouble.  

Yet to see any good intent with this mob and hope to be proved wrong. As for Ian Rush, a great player but may come away from this tarnished if they do turn out to be the usual bullshit merchants and speculators.
  • Options
    edited June 2021

Just to be Clear:

Ian Rush has allowed his name for a fee to be used when Irama buy Football grounds at part time lower league level. He may believe they are never going to build on the grounds they are purchasing ! He may prove to be right( very unlikely) but being Cafc fans that is difficult to swallow. 

Steven Gerrard's business partner has agreed a fee with Irama to play matches at Whyteleafe for the SG academy so they have a base in the south east, a train ride away for many talented young footballers from South London, Kent, Surrey.

I know they are both Liverpool Legends but Steven Gerrard and Ian Rush have totally different roles in this story.
    Edit
    I have just seen Ian Rush on Sky sports News saying he is a massive supporter of grass roots football and the truth will come out !

Are you saying he has been challenged by the press over this matter today ?

I can’t find anything on internet

Because both Whyteleafe and Abingdon demise have been announced on the same day it has gained traction with the non League community. Sky have heard and wanted Ian Rush to explain his involvement.
  • Options
    Is Matt Southall involved?
    He wishes 

No doubt he'll be offering his services in a desperate attempt to make money out of other people's pain.

It's what he does.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    cafcfan said:
    Sounds a complete mess..
  • Options
    another case of selling England by the pound with help from a big nosed welsh git who can fuck right off ..
  • Options
    another case of selling England by the pound with help from a big nosed welsh git who can fuck right off ..
    Steady on Lincs......where’s does innocent until proved guilty come in your vocabulary?
    Not saying you’re wrong but let’s wait and see what unfolds. As far as I know, he has always been squeaky clean in both his private and media life.
  • Options

• Options

Where’s that come from because it’s a load of bollox.
  • Options
    Pretty clear that Irama have no interest or affiliation with the clubs as they have tipped two of them into non-existance. And according to the blurb above, Ian Rush is a partner in that. Time to jump ship Ian.
  • Options
    Steady on Lincs......where’s does innocent until proved guilty come in your vocabulary?
    Not saying you’re wrong but let’s wait and see what unfolds. As far as I know, he has always been squeaky clean in both his private and media life.
    Don’t see why you think that deserves a LOL?
    I deliberately went out of my way to be even handed at this stage of proceedings.
  • Options

From their official site!
  • Options

From their official site!
    Their site is pretty shocking.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    A former Charlton player listed among those endorsing them...

Information and/or endorsement videos for Irama from Thierry Henry, Jamie Carragher, Michael Owen, Robbie Fowler, Gabby Agbonlahor, Frank Sinclair, Neil Mellor, Darren Ambrose, Brett Ormerod and others appear on the company Facebook.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    A former Charlton player listed among those endorsing them...

Information and/or endorsement videos for Irama from Thierry Henry, Jamie Carragher, Michael Owen, Robbie Fowler, Gabby Agbonlahor, Frank Sinclair, Neil Mellor, Darren Ambrose, Brett Ormerod and others appear on the company Facebook.
    I prefer to remember him as a Crystal Palace player... Typical behaviour of that lot
  • Options
    Our mayor sporting an Irama sponsored shirt.

• Options

I have no idea how to put a tweet on here but here’s a screenshot of a very interesting Twitter thread about who may be behind all this.
  • Options
    An excellent thread, @KBslittlesis - reminiscent of the excellent research done by Lifers about our own dodgy characters!

Here is a link to it (Click on account name at top, scroll down to the pinned tweet & click on "show this thread")
  • Options
    Can anyone give any info for those who don't use twitter. Or message me if there is a reason not to post on here. Thanks
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    ^@charltonbob

A company called Irama has bought the freeholds of 3 non league grounds and had ambitions to buy more.  Two of those clubs are Whytlefeafe and Abingdon Town.  Both announced this week they would be winding up after failing to agree terms on a new lease with their new landlord.

On their website, Irama are proud to show they are endorsed by Ian Rush.  

Steven Gerrard is also running an academy at Whyteleafe so MAY also be profiting from their demise although that is less clear.

Irama themselves is an overseas company with Singaporean backers who claim to support grass roots sport but whom have also been described as developers in some press.

On the specific Twitter thread posted above essentially to paraphrase some of what "Against League 3" (whomever they may be); they suggest the prime mover behind the business is ‘Perry Chopra’, who’s been described as ‘a US real estate developer with connections to Singapore.’  He has been connected with buying a number of old buildings over the last ten years, as well as hotels, and is described as the CEO of a company called Claremont. Lots of tweets/messages/musings but reality is almost nothing is known, except they think he owns hotels and yachts, works out of Singapore, uses tax secrecy jurisdictions and, for would appear that for some reason, he’s super keen to buy playing fields up and down the UK.  Irama seems to have contacted at least four parish councils with offers to buy their land, including Silloth-on-Solway (Cumbria), Fulford (York), Colkirk (Norfolk) and Baughurst (Hampshire).  
    They then talk about an there an Amar Chopra who used to play for Gateshead and now plays for Chelsea Rovers, he has given a couple of interviews talking about a new platform he’s launched called... the iRama Sports Network.

Essentially it is quite interesting but does not really say much and specifically says nothing non it seems illegal.  That's about it.

• Options
    N01R4M said:
    An excellent thread, @KBslittlesis - reminiscent of the excellent research done by Lifers about our own dodgy characters!

Here is a link to it (Click on account name at top, scroll down to the pinned tweet & click on "show this thread")
    Thank you lovely 😘😘
  • Options
    ^@charltonbob

A company called Irama has bought the freeholds of 3 non league grounds and had ambitions to buy more.  Two of those clubs are Whytlefeafe and Abingdon Town.  Both announced this week they would be winding up after failing to agree terms on a new lease with their new landlord.

On their website, Irama are proud to show they are endorsed by Ian Rush.  

Steven Gerrard is also running an academy at Whyteleafe so MAY also be profiting from their demise although that is less clear.

Irama themselves is an overseas company with Singaporean backers who claim to support grass roots sport but whom have also been described as developers in some press.

On the specific Twitter thread posted above essentially to paraphrase some of what "Against League 3" (whomever they may be); they suggest the prime mover behind the business is ‘Perry Chopra’, who’s been described as ‘a US real estate developer with connections to Singapore.’  He has been connected with buying a number of old buildings over the last ten years, as well as hotels, and is described as the CEO of a company called Claremont. Lots of tweets/messages/musings but reality is almost nothing is known, except they think he owns hotels and yachts, works out of Singapore, uses tax secrecy jurisdictions and, for would appear that for some reason, he’s super keen to buy playing fields up and down the UK.  Irama seems to have contacted at least four parish councils with offers to buy their land, including Silloth-on-Solway (Cumbria), Fulford (York), Colkirk (Norfolk) and Baughurst (Hampshire).  
    They then talk about an there an Amar Chopra who used to play for Gateshead and now plays for Chelsea Rovers, he has given a couple of interviews talking about a new platform he’s launched called... the iRama Sports Network.

Essentially it is quite interesting but does not really say much and specifically says nothing non it seems illegal.  That's about it.

Thanks for posting Athletico Charlton much appreciated.

Dreadful goings on
  • Options
    The disclaimer on the website seems to be saying that Rush put up some of the money behind the scheme but isn't directly involved with the buying of the land or leasing it out. A tweet from Rush himself a few days ago seemed to confirm that he wasn't directly involved in deciding to set the rents too high for the clubs to afford. It also says ... some other stuff. Interesting.
    https://twitter.com/Ian_Rush9/status/1405095172208275458