Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England v Scotland - Match Thread

1262728293032»

Comments

• Options
    Could be that when asking for Billy’s autograph and cuddling their hero, one of them has actually passed it to him.
    That would be ironic and poetic. Sheer lunacy that so many travelled down.
    He didn’t get the train down with them !

• Options
    Could be that when asking for Billy’s autograph and cuddling their hero, one of them has actually passed it to him.
    I see Mr Clarke isnt isolating
  • Options
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57560206

Public Health England (PHE) guidance states that someone could be considered a close contact and might have to self-isolate if they had a face-to-face conversation within one metre or had been within two metres of someone for more than 15 minutes who tested positive for Covid-19.
    The Scottish FA currently says there are no close contacts identified from inside their camp, with 25 players available to face Croatia on Tuesday.

To which I would query who decides these things?

It would be bizarre if Mount and Chilwell had had close contact with Gilmour but NONE of the Scottish players. 
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    All of that is outside in a playing environment which is deemed to be safe.

I don’t believe that your players are isolating because of anything on the pitch after the game (again in a playing environment), I reckon they’ve had a catch up post match inside somewhere.

the way this thing can vary, England may very well just be making sure that one of their guys isn’t carrying it despite testing negative 
  • Options
    Is it not sensible to make sure they isolate? I mean if they are found to be positive and then spread it to others in the squad I'm sure we'd all be questioning that decision?

The Scots on the other hand are clearly playing it down so they have everyone available for a must win game. 
  • Options
    colthe3rd said:
    Is it not sensible to make sure they isolate? I mean if they are found to be positive and then spread it to others in the squad I'm sure we'd all be questioning that decision?

The Scots on the other hand are clearly playing it down so they have everyone available for a must win game. 
    It's hard to argue against those pics of the manager though
  • Options
    colthe3rd said:

Maybe he's double jabbed?
  • Options
    colthe3rd said:
    colthe3rd said:

Which prevents him from contracting it and passing it on to others how?
  • Options
    colthe3rd said:

I'd imagine this is the likely situation. I agree, Mount and Chilwell in particular should self isolate, but so should quite a few of the Scottish team, particularly Clarke and Dykes, who quite clearly came into close contact with Gilmour. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    colthe3rd said:

I'd imagine this is the likely situation. I agree, Mount and Chilwell in particular should self isolate, but so should quite a few of the Scottish team, particularly Clarke and Dykes, who quite clearly came into close contact with Gilmour. 
    Most of the England team self isolated during the game the other night so should be fine for tomorrow. 
  • Options
    Like you say colt, main thing is to isolate and stop any spread. It just seems odd only 2 players from England are isolating and none from Scotland, apart from the the person tested positive,  as far as I can see.

• Options
    😂😂
  • Options
    colthe3rd said:
    colthe3rd said:

I could be wrong but I believe latest research shows if you are fully vaccinated you are much less likely to pass covid on. 

Just to be clear I'm not agreeing with the decision Scotland have taken but they're clearly gambling that no one else will test positive and having everyone available for a must win game, if they do somehow qualify then they'll be praying it hasn't spread. There's also the moral argument as really they should be isolating and they are putting the game above the wider impacts on society. But then again the risk is reduced given players and I assume staff are tested on a daily basis.

England on the other hand after reading the statement says the decision was taken after consultation with PHE. That sounds to me like they weren't forced into it and are just be extra cautious especially given we've basically already qualified. Hopefully they are negative and testing can prove that but sounds like it's not decided if they'll have to isolate for the full 10 days.
  • Options
    colthe3rd said:
    colthe3rd said:
    colthe3rd said:

I could be wrong but I believe latest research shows if you are fully vaccinated you are much less likely to pass covid on. 

Just to be clear I'm not agreeing with the decision Scotland have taken but they're clearly gambling that no one else will test positive and having everyone available for a must win game, if they do somehow qualify then they'll be praying it hasn't spread. There's also the moral argument as really they should be isolating and they are putting the game above the wider impacts on society. But then again the risk is reduced given players and I assume staff are tested on a daily basis.

England on the other hand after reading the statement says the decision was taken after consultation with PHE. That sounds to me like they weren't forced into it and are just be extra cautious especially given we've basically already qualified. Hopefully they are negative and testing can prove that but sounds like it's not decided if they'll have to isolate for the full 10 days.
    Much less likely yes, but still very possible. My partner is double jabbed but would still be required to self isolate, so it's absolutely ridiculous that Mount and Chilwell may be required to do so, but not Clarke and Dykes. I think you are spot on though with what you've written, England are being cautious and Scotland are taking the punt. Bending the rules is going to attract a lot of criticism though.  
  • Options
    Perfectly sensible to be extra cautious as England are being. An outbreak of Covid within a squad would be a disaster.
  • Options
    Sounds like they were chatting in the tunnel.
  • Options
    Sounds like they were chatting in the tunnel.
    For 25 minutes!!!
  • Options
    That’s why the great unwashed from north of the border shouldn’t be allowed anywhere near us .
    Hopefully they can all retreat back to their irn bru clad caves with their heroin needles asap
    where’s trumps wall when we need it 
  • Options
    colthe3rd said:
    colthe3rd said:
    colthe3rd said:

Yeah i think you're spot on here.

Scotland having already lost a big player for them, aren't going to suddenly withdraw others and ruin their chances of winning the game. We on the other hand have already qualified and the players are easily replaceable. Chilwell hasn't even played a single minute.

I think we'd probably take a different approach if it was a knockout game - 'both players have been regularly tested and each result was negative so will be available for selection'
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Another example of COVID rules making zero sense in sport. Let’s be honest it was manipulated by Bristol & Peterborough this season against us to have games cancelled, and Scotland are cherry picking the rules.

It seems to be the rules are subject to ethics rather than anything else. 
  • Options
    Yes the Covid rules for sport are baffling, how players can train together for hours yet got have enough contact to need to isolate, especially as during a matchday, they'd spend time together in the dressing room, gym etc

We had that during the season, didn't Deji have to isolate because he was considered having close contact with Chuks (who tested positive) whereas the other players hadn't