Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

George Dobson - Hungarians say transfer on hold til the summer (p61)

Comments

• Options
    He also burst forward a few times and played the ball to a wide player, something Albie should be doing.
  • Options
    Thought he gave a good account of himself yesterday tbf. Reckon he does look a little bit clumsy on the ball, reminding me a bit if Darren Andertion. Look forward to seeing how he gets on
  • Options
    Didn't rate him if I'm honest.
    Terrible distributor of the ball. Might win the odd tackle but doesn't turn the ball over quickly enough to mount any form of attack.

Having Morgan alongside him doesn't help but I'm not convinced.
  • Options
    I’m assuming this is a signing to just pad out the squad rather than anyone with a serious chance of influencing a promotion winning starting eleven?
      Sticking to what I said the day he signed tbh
  • Options
    I thought he played well yesterday . He does try too many tricks but I like him . It’s not the defensive midfielders we have a problem with . 
  • Options
    Paddy7 said:
    Thought the lad took some unfair stick on here when we were all upset after the game, largely because he looks a bit ungainly. His main job is to protect the back four which I thought he did well - there was a very obvious change without him.

Yes, he looks a little awkward but he hasn't hidden in any of the games so far and has tried to change the direction of the attacks once he's won the ball, rather than always play the easy ball back where it came from. Not suggesting for a moment we should build our season around him but let's give him a chance.
    I thought he stank.  Got caught in possession, his passing was awful, looked slow, indecisive and weak in the tackle.
    For comparison Watson was streets ahead of him in every aspect.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Absolutely outstanding at Sunderland and again today. Reads the game so well and gets his foot in.
  • Options
    Dob the Mop
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    Times a tackle very one - can crunch players and then move play forwards. He reminded me of Cousins in the Championship season that he was very good.
  • Options
    I always like to hold my hands up when I’ve had a mare.

This guy I slagged off many a time on here but since Adkins fucked off he’s looking like a young Josh Cullen, fair play to the lad he’s backed himself and deserve lots of credits.
    I mean, fair play as I also was less than impressed but he genuinely was not actually playing very well before. I can definitely see the arguments that he was dropped too soon and his apparent exile was very harsh, but I don't know if he would have reached his current levels in an Adkins team.

As you say though, fair play to him for turning it around. 

• Options
    Liked him from when I first see him (v Cheltenham??) and couldn't understand why Adkins weren't tyring him out a bit more.

He reminds me a little bit of Darren Anderton, watchon him
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    Times a tackle very one - can crunch players and then move play forwards. He reminded me of Cousins in the Championship season that he was very good.
    Far, far, far better footballer than Cousins 
  • Options
    Outstanding.
  • Options
    He was superb today.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He looked fucking pony to me in the early games I saw , he looked a different beast today and last week , long may it continue 
    won motm as well in the lounges 
  • Options
    Really like him. Top performance again today. Could become a really big player for us.
  • Options
    Billy_Mix said:
    Paddy7 said:
    Thought the lad took some unfair stick on here when we were all upset after the game, largely because he looks a bit ungainly. His main job is to protect the back four which I thought he did well - there was a very obvious change without him.

Yes, he looks a little awkward but he hasn't hidden in any of the games so far and has tried to change the direction of the attacks once he's won the ball, rather than always play the easy ball back where it came from. Not suggesting for a moment we should build our season around him but let's give him a chance.
    I thought he stank.  Got caught in possession, his passing was awful, looked slow, indecisive and weak in the tackle.
    For comparison Watson was streets ahead of him in every aspect.
    Just shows how things can change, eh!
  • Options
    His style reminds me of Matt Holland, OK he may not reach the level Matty did, but has a similar style.

Thought he was MOM by a country mile today.
  • Options
    Played well in a couple of games before Adkins inexplicably dropped him forever. Maybe not quite as well as today and one of the was a Pizza trophy match, but the signs were there that his form was picking up. Been mustard in Jacko’s two matches so far. 
  • Options
    There were a lot of people on here slating Georgie after the early performances, which btw weren’t as bad as made out…

Fortunately I wasn’t one of them, and as an ex defensive midfielder I could see his qualities dispite the awful team performances so it’s great to see him shining (and more than a few eating humble pie)

Go on Georgie Boy!!! 
  • Options
    Sometimes it's just about getting the blend right at the right time. Put him back in a midfield 3 with Clare and Albie and he might well struggle. 

Delighted for the boy. It's like he had paint brushes strapped to his feet the way he stroked the ball around today.

Kips MOTM in what was a tough pick today, but tough for the right reasons. 
  • Options
    Him and purrington different beasts today. Two games doesn’t make him a world beater same as two games didn’t mean he should have been on the scrap heap with everyone crying that roddy couldn’t pick his nose. It’s a funny old game one man bollocks you the other puts his arm around. Superb today
  • Options
    Him and Gilbey are the future.
  • Options
    He looked fucking pony to me in the early games I saw , he looked a different beast today and last week , long may it continue 
    won motm as well in the lounges 
    That's great to hear.

Definitely my MOTM today & one of my current favourites.