Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Mason Burstow - progress at Chelsea (p47)

Comments

• Options
    His first touch wasn't good and Pochettino reminded him about coming deep to hold the ball up. Thought these two areas of play he would be good at by now.
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    Thought Jonny Bairstow wasn’t even good enough as a wicketkeeper let alone a striker? ;)  

Watching men's and women's football while being emotionally involved with the cricket is overlapping.

Lauren James should be the spinner we take to India.
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    I bet more than half of those tweets are from overseas fans who've never even seen Chelsea.
  • Options
    Randomly, Mason Burstow liked a comment I made on Facebook on Saturday about a goal he scored for us against Villa U21’s. I made the comment on a club post over a year ago, weird he’s trawling old posts, or preparing to come back 🤔
  • Options
    I didn't think he was ready when we loaned him back but can't deny there was a lot of potential. You would think Chelsea would improve him to a point that if we loaned him now he would be a much better player but I haven't seen him play so am only assuming.
  • Options
    I didn't think he was ready when we loaned him back but can't deny there was a lot of potential. You would think Chelsea would improve him to a point that if we loaned him now he would be a much better player but I haven't seen him play so am only assuming.
    He will definitely have improved a lot. Because of his football upbringing he didn’t really have any academy coaching other than his short spell with us. What we saw was very raw with obvious talent but a lot that could be improved. So a year at one of the best academies in the country would have improved him massively, as well as training with the first team this summer. 

Not sure he is the profile of striker that we need, but I expect to see him on loan in league 1 and look a lot better than he did for us last time 
  • Options
    Definitely think he'll be on loan somewhere in League 1 , would have said Oxford but they've brought in Mark Harris from Cardiff. 

Reading to replace Smith if he's out long term wouldn't be a bad shout. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    MarcusH26 said:
    Definitely think he'll be on loan somewhere in League 1 , would have said Oxford but they've brought in Mark Harris from Cardiff. 

Yeah Reading always loan chelsea players so could definitely see that happening. Might not be allowed to sign him though! 
  • Options
    NabySarr said:
    MarcusH26 said:

Yeah Reading always loan chelsea players so could definitely see that happening. Might not be allowed to sign him though! 
    They can make loan signings but i think only for a max of 6 months.
  • Options
    Seems to have played more in their pre-season tour than I expected 
  • Options
    Didn't do badly last season either in PL2.

• Options
    edited August 2023
    As Mason is 20 tomorrow, Chelsea will be looking for a Championship move.
  • Options
    Be very surprised if a champ club goes for him, he needs a full season in league 1 first 
  • Options
    NabySarr said:
    He will definitely have improved a lot. Because of his football upbringing he didn’t really have any academy coaching other than his short spell with us. What we saw was very raw with obvious talent but a lot that could be improved. So a year at one of the best academies in the country would have improved him massively, as well as training with the first team this summer. 

Not sure he is the profile of striker that we need, but I expect to see him on loan in league 1 and look a lot better than he did for us last time 
    When Chelsea signed him I was told they knew he needed "about a thousand" coaching hours, that his peers would have had.  Obviously that was an exaggeration but wouldn't surprise me if they kept him there until Xmas, unless they could guarantee "quality coaching" where he went.
  • Options
    What, as a birthday present?
  • Options
    I was talking to someone that works with Chelsea and has been watching Burstow develop since joining Chelsea. He is impressed how Mason has improved and said Pochettino likes him. It’s likely that he will be in the team or on the bench against Liverpool. Without going into things too deeply he also told me that Burstow is a smashing lad but since joining Chelsea and the fame its attracted family issues.
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    I would be astonished if Mason Burstow starts today but on the bench is a possibility as the revolving doors carry on with players coming in and going out. A debut against Sheffield United or Luton would make more sense unless Chelsea are short of fit forwards ? 

Poch: Fancy playing against Van Dijk or Tom Lockyer, Mason ?
    Burstow: Lockyer please Gaffer to start with.

The week before Pochettino was officially named as Chelsea manager he was on the phone to Romelu to tell him he wanted him back at Chelsea ! Lots of water under Stamford bridge since then but that came from a source as close to the player without being family.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2023
    Crazy that people were saying he isn’t good enough to come to us on loan and now rumours he may be involved in the Chelsea match day squad v Liverpool.
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    Crazy that people were saying he isn’t good enough to come to us on loan and now rumours he may be involved in the Chelsea match day squad v Liverpool.

Agree.
    Because 99.9% have no idea how he has progressed and just remember when he came back on loan and was disappointing.
    They then listen to Chelsea fans on social media after his debut and put 2+2 together and make 5.

If he goes out on loan it will be to a Championship club as he is 20 now.

• Options
    Surreal watching Brentford v Spurs and they showed the Chelsea squad walking into SB and there was young Mason…..
  • Options

Making the bench today - Ian Maatsen too.
    I feel out of touch, I don’t know who half the players in Chelsea’s bench are!
  • Options
    Knowing Chelsea they'll spend £300m on midfielders, but fail to bring in a striker!
  • Options
    Big season for Levi Colwill.

Could be the start of Englands centre of defence catching up with the rest of the team in terms of global talent.
  • Options
    Big season for Levi Colwill.

Could be the start of Englands centre of defence catching up with the rest of the team in terms of global talent.
    He should be starting for England with Stones at CB. Hoping he has a really good season as it will probably take that for Southgate to do it 
  • Options
    Good luck to Mason. Hope he gets a run out in the game.
  • Options
    Wonder if there were any add ons when they signed him that we might be due or was the deal all about the sell on fee? i.e X amount to us on first PL start/10 apps etc etc?