Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

England v Italy - THE FINAL - Match Thread

Comments

• Stones was right place right time then!! 
  • Rice is having a storming match, some great runs forward with the ball
  • edited July 2021
    Stones' "I dare you to come at me" attitude when he has the ball in England's own half worries me.
  • We have to be more clinical on the counter here. Not getting it right.
  • Great build up from England started by Shaw again. Kane though too far from sterling for the final pass.
  • Sponsored links:

• Better start than I would have guessed. Figured 0-0 at the half.
  • Rice is having a storming match, some great runs forward with the ball
    Better going forward than defensively weirdly tonight!  Been great on the ball.
  • Sterling not having a good game
  • So far so good. Get the 2nd goal and I think we'll do it.
  • Those fears about getting overrun in midfield starting to come true. England definitely have a second goal in them but I think Phillips and Rice need an extra body in there. Perhaps back to the 433.

So far though, for all the ball Italy have had it’s mostly been in front of England. First half could’ve gone a more worse. 
  • We need to start offering a bit more of a threat on the counter in the second half. I understand we're just sitting back for half-time but can't just sit back like this for 45 minutes hoping Italy miss all their chances. 
  • In terms of the football I’d say someone for Mount about 60. Can’t decide whether I’d go Saka for the pace or Grealish for the composure. 

We’ve showed great flashes but Italy will score this match. Get the second and play as if it’s 0-0.
  • limeygent said:
    Sterling not having a good game
    Kane seems more physical than I am use to, however. I think he snags a goal in the second half.

• Well for 30mins Italy looked the shitest team we've faced all tournament - They've grown into the game though yet question if this is the best they can offer or whether they're quite hammering at the door just yet.

England feels like we're playing a typical Southgate tactic... We've got the lead and dont need to do anything rash - Instead it feels if we get the opportunity we'll try and attack them

e.g. We wont take risks and are no where near top gear. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Got really emotional when that goal went in. Wasn’t expecting to but wow.
  • At some point you can see Mount being replaced, but I can't decide whether to go for more flair (Grealish) or more steel (Henderson)
  • All tournament, we start fast and then take our foot of the gas and appear to be losing grip. Then we start fast again second half and use the bench well

• England have only had one shot. 

Obviously it doesn't matter because it's 1-0. But Italy will begin to commit more players forward as they have no worries about us getting the ball back. Need someone playing off Kane more, Sterling at the moment isn't doing it. 
  • edited July 2021
    Christ, how nervy is this.

concerned despite having Trippier and Walker out there’s how much they are getting down our right in the final third and finding space. Impressed with Italian pressing, would like us to have a lot more ball than we have. 

What a start! 

Mount isn’t doing enough for me and I’d like Raheem to be in the game more. 

Cant see any aspect of this second half being enjoyable!
  • And where did the 4 mins of injury time come from. Goal celebrations & 1 injury. 
  • Kane has been useless. Not a striker & not a midfielder. Hasnt won a header & falls over everytime there is a defender behind him. Currently playing with 10 men. 
    Sorry you must of missed the first 2 mins when he dropped deep to start the attack for the only goal so far. He's been working his bollocks off.