Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

England v Italy - THE FINAL - Match Thread

Comments

• Unbelievable scenes… I’m ready for the longest 45 minutes of my life.
  • Kane has been useless. Not a striker & not a midfielder. Hasnt won a header & falls over everytime there is a defender behind him. Currently playing with 10 men. 
    Clueless. 
  • And where did the 4 mins of injury time come from. Goal celebrations & 1 injury. 
    Your clearly not watching the game are you? 
  • Kane has been useless. Not a striker & not a midfielder. Hasnt won a header & falls over everytime there is a defender behind him. Currently playing with 10 men. 
    Wrong.
  • Dazzler21 said:
    IdleHans said:
    4 minutes? Really?
    Injury to Jorginho
    Lucky if he was down for 2 mins.
  • Only had one shot on target, but it doesnt feel like we've parked the bus or are having to defend for our lives.

Not yet anyway 
  • Southgate will tweak things a bit at HT as Italy did look more dangerous as the half progressed, but no need for drastic changes. We need to mark Chiesa as he's the danger man
  • I think this ref is excellent. He isn't buying players going down too easily and is enabling the match to flow.
    Really loved the reffing in this tournament in letting the game flow. Should be the standard.
  • sterling has made some good runs but Rice has been better at it
  • Sponsored links:

• Mount is a weird one because I'm not really sure what his role is. 

Whatever it is, he's not in the game enough and doesn't seem like he's really helping out the midfield. 
  • So we're all happy Kane drops deep now?

• e.g. We wont take risks and are no where near top gear. 

• Well how's everybody's nerves?
    I could watch that goal all day long! Lovely play.
    Wouldn't it be so unlike us to a get a 2nd goal and be able to play the game out.
    Come on England we can do this.

Whatever it is, he's not in the game enough and doesn't seem like he's really helping out the midfield. 
    I think he does more than you realise. Work rate and movement are underrated abilities.
  • Italy should be taking Immobile off and replace him with someone who’s going to drop into the hole like Kane has been. Chiesa and Insigne will be even more dangerous if that space is vacated for them to run into.
  • edited July 2021
    sterling has made some good runs but Rice has been better at it
    Sterling has not had much of an outlet when he gets the ball or goes on a run. 

Not his fault he has had to hold on for support and been closed down. 
  • Italy should be taking Immobile off and replace him with someone who’s going to drop into the hole like Kane has been. Chiesa and Insigne will be even more dangerous if that space is vacated for them to run into.
    Problem is they only really have Belotti who is like for like.
  • Luke Shaw has been phenomenal. Not just his goal - his first touch is unreal.
    We look so comfortable in defence.
  • colthe3rd said:
    So we're all happy Kane drops deep now?
    Never had a problem with it

"Kane is a Striker he should be in the box" is such an outdated view - Its that sort of approach that has seen us trophy less for so long. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Talking about Maguire, Ferdinard to Lampard you would love someone like him behind you. I'm sure ferdinard was waiting for a compliment back
  • I don’t think the problem was Kane deep. First 2 games he just played poorly. Deep is where he’s most dangerous.
  • PWR at half time. Blimey. Pretty much speechless after that first half.

Yep the only item on the debit side so far
  • Cmon lads... Lets have a second half like in Rome
  • This is what I was gonna post as game started: 

Luke Shaw seems to have a sluggish and sloppy first half often slowing down our attacks and then in the second half suddenly gets forward more and poses greater risk. Let’s hope he doesnt do that today. 

• Someone's boss has had a word. Well done ref.
  • Kane is class
  • edited July 2021
    Ooo that looked a penalty to me

Nah great call from the ref