Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Face masks at sporting events after July 19th

13»

Comments

• Options
    You can order the lateral flow tests here, delivered to you (usually next day).
    https://www.gov.uk/order-coronavirus-rapid-lateral-flow-tests
    Useful to know - just hope they're easy to do.
    It takes 10 mins.
    You put a couple of drops of liquid in a plastic vile.
    Swab the back of your throat and then the inside top of your nose.
    Put the swab in the vile and leave it 5 mins (I think).
    Then tip the drops of liquid onto the reader and wait 5 mins.
    It reads C or T. C is negative.
    (Instructions are included, but it's roughly as above).
    Whilst it nearly always shows in 5 minutes you are supposed to wait 30 minutes before the test is final. You can then choose to report it to the NHS (which I do) and it will then show as a test on your vaccine  and test record showing date and outcome and may save you from having to do another test to enter an event since it shows up almost immediately on the record and is visible on the "passport".
  • Options
    I've on just had my first jab. If I'm to wait the full 12 weeks between jabs that means I'll miss games I've already paid for with my season ticket 
    you don't now have to wait 12 weeks. Mostly 8 weeks but some walk in centres are saying 4 weeks.
  • Options
    stonemuse said:
    Am I  right  in assuming that the "passport" would be the card that people got when getting the injections ?
    In which case, what is stopping people who have had neither or one jab just taking someone else's card ?
    It’s the app, but NHS also provide a paper version on application

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/covid-pass/get-your-covid-pass-letter/

My surgery insists you use the my GP app. This is connected to your records and shows your vaccine dates. 12 days after your 2nd jab (when you reach maximum protection) you can get a display showing the dates on your mobile with a photo.