Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

2019/20 accounts (Here we go!)

Comments

• Options
    We don’t know the detail of this, but essentially it was always likely that any deal including the freehold of the land would need to be structured around Premier League promotion to get anywhere near RD’s valuation of the whole package.

What is a bit concerning is that RD seems to have locked in some value from his successor’s potential success on the pitch regardless of the fact he still retains the freehold of The Valley. But without the numbers it’s hard to judge this.

• Options
    AndyG said:
    When you look at those figures and what went on whilst Southall etc was in the picture it amazes me there isnt a case to get them barred from future Director roles. If I submitted accounts for my business that read anything like that I would be ashamed to say the least
    The Baton 2010 accounts should give a snapshot of the financial position at the point ESI took over, which will reveal more.
  • Options
    AndyG said:
    When you look at those figures and what went on whilst Southall etc was in the picture it amazes me there isnt a case to get them barred from future Director roles. If I submitted accounts for my business that read anything like that I would be ashamed to say the least
    The Baton 2010 accounts should give a snapshot of the financial position at the point ESI took over, which will reveal more.
    Agreed but what Directors would sign a company up to in excess of £500k in car lease payments with a balance sheet like that ? That in itself is negligent without the other rubbish they did
  • Options
    AndyG said:
    People like that have no shame.

That's what makes them people like that.

Southall still believes he was entitled to all his cars and fees.
    It's been said many times before but total utter scum who imo are a waste of oxygen 
  • Options
    AndyG said:
    AndyG said:
    Agreed but what Directors would sign a company up to in excess of £500k in car lease payments with a balance sheet like that ? That in itself is negligent without the other rubbish they did
    That’s what the ‘going concern’ statement on page 10 covers off - provided you convince the auditor that despite the loss and negative tangible net worth, the business is still viable, then away you go.

Of course that’s a valid statement to make in this case, because TS can prove this to the auditors by virtue of his wealth, that he can financially support the club

I imagine Southall would have tried that as well, had he still been in the hot seat when the accounts were prepared, however how is a mystery, and likely the auditor would be forced to state that the business is not - in their opinion - a going concern
  • Options
    AndyG said:
    AndyG said:
    Also a little  surprising the leasing company accepted the credit risk. Lending of any sort to a football club is high risk given precarious finances in the industry generally and reputational and practical risk in calling up any security. 

Can only assume the leases were priced to reflect that I.e. expensive. 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    I'll have a proper look through later at the detail.  But you need to remember that these are an historical document that's main use is to pin point what Southall and his crew took out.  They don't really have much other use.

The 4 million plus in player sales is that Dijksteel and a sell on for Konsa or Lookman? 
    I don’t really agree with that because we now know that Duchatelet stands to benefit if Charlton reach the PL before 2030, which I think is news. Plus, for example, the transfer income for the whole of 20/21 because of the late sign-off (£5.6m), against £1.4M in outgoings (Including agents and terminations).

it’s also interesting that Thomas Sandgaard’s interest-free loan of £10.5m is (notionally) repayable in 2025. I’d say that is unlikely to happen unless we reach the PL by then or he sells part or all of the club. Not saying it’s a threat to the club, just a fact. He can obviously roll it over.
    It’s highly unusual to put your investment in as equity these days, much more tax efficient to put it in as a loan
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    AndyG said:
    Where is the rumoured £11m TS put in last September?.Also will he put in more money to cover until June next year?.
  • Options
    The accounts are to 30 June 2020 so TS's investment into the club won't be reflected until the following accounting year.
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    AndyG said:
    Where is the rumoured £11m TS put in last September?.Also will he put in more money to cover until June next year?.
    The September take over happened 3 months after the accounts "closed" so they will be in next year's.  However if you ready the accounts a post balance sheet commentary mentions a 10.5 million pound interest free, unsecured loan.  So I assume that's the 11 million your referring to? 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    AndyG said:
    The September take over happened 3 months after the accounts "closed" so they will be in next year's.  However if you ready the accounts a post balance sheet commentary mentions a 10.5 million pound interest free, unsecured loan.  So I assume that's the 11 million your referring to? 
    Ok thanks.
  • Options
    AndyG said:
    That’s the bond money lodged with the EFL 
  • Options
    Already had a pal text me asking why are you buying Range Rovers when the club is skint. 
    Hard to cut a long story short LOL
  • Options
    So overall cost too run Charlton in league one is about £17m when we make only £7m or £8m.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    AndyG said:
    The post balance sheet ‘commentary’ is way more detailed than I am used to seeing (I work in banking) - normally it would simply say ‘the ownership changed on x date’ and that’s about it - I regard it as a positive that the commentary is detailed and transparent 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    AndyG said:
    The post balance sheet ‘commentary’ is way more detailed than I am used to seeing (I work in banking) - normally it would simply say ‘the ownership changed on x date’ and that’s about it - I regard it as a positive that the commentary is detailed and transparent 
    Me too I thought it was refreshing and reassuring.  I must admit I have only read the 1st 20 pages because it's so hard to read on a phone.

I have had a couple of people look at them and not only were they shocked at the state of the balance sheet but very impressed with the comments. 
  • Options
    You dont need to be a Chartered Accountant to look at those figures and come to the conclusion that we were f##ked!!!!! 
    If Dave Jones had walked out of Farnells office with the players price tags under his arm ( thank you for those that interrupted that meeting )

If the fans hadn't turned the heat up on Elliotttyttyty ( thank you to all )

If TS hadn't appeared out of nowhere ( thank you whoever arranged that )

If Freshfields hadn't spotted a loophole in the ESI sale ( thank you )

If TS had stumped up £11m ( thank you )

That's alot of it's I know but if any of them hadn't have happened I doubt we would be talking about the coming season.

There is alot to be grateful about imo
  • Options
    AndyG said:
    You dont need to be a Chartered Accountant to look at those figures and come to the conclusion that we were f##ked!!!!! 
    If Dave Jones had walked out of Farnells office with the players price tags under his arm ( thank you for those that interrupted that meeting )

If the fans hadn't turned the heat up on Elliotttyttyty ( thank you to all )

If TS hadn't appeared out of nowhere ( thank you whoever arranged that )

If Freshfields hadn't spotted a loophole in the ESI sale ( thank you )

If TS had stumped up £11m ( thank you )

That's alot of it's I know but if any of them hadn't have happened I doubt we would be talking about the coming season.

There is alot to be grateful about imo
    Possibly not an exaggeration to believe we may have no longer had a club to support.  
  • Options
    Matt If only you had stuck with this, you might still be here.