Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Thunderstorm.............

Comments

• Options
    Glorious day here in Yorkshire. 28 degrees and very gentle breeze. Sitting in garden. I can feel a cold beer coming on. 
    Not even a hint of a breeze in this part of Yorkshire 
  • Options
    Absolutely nothing has happened in Locksbottom. 
    Ever
    Chizz said:
    Ever
    And hopefully nothing ever ever does. 

• Options
    Wilma said:
    fadgadget said:
    iainment said:
    We had a bit of rain, huge raindrops, over Plumstead. Didn’t hear any thunder or see any lightning.
    Maybe later. 🌧 ☔️ 
    We had nothing in Thamesmead apart from a little bit of  Thunder .

One clap of thunder and about 30 seconds of rain in Sunny Sidcup
    The rain's not very common in Sidcup
  • Options
    Was in Greenwich park and heard the thunder a few miles away but was still lovely and sunny where we were.
  • Options
    Still sunny in Lewisham.
  • Options
    Swisdom said:
    Oggy Red said:

Sunny Cornwall is blazing hot.  Gazing into the blue yonder, not a cloud in sight.
    Like the Med right now.

Everybody's dream of what Cornwall is like. The reality is usually a bit different. :smile:

#missingthemizzle

Apologies in advance but I arrive on Thursday as do thunderstorms and heavy rain

Mark my words normal service will be resumed
    Thursday sunny and hot. Friday a bit cooler but perhaps a little rain/showers in the evening.
    Proper Cornish rain Saturday morning.

Welcome to Kernow. :smile:

• Options
    Oggy Red said:

Sunny Cornwall is blazing hot.  Gazing into the blue yonder, not a cloud in sight.
    Like the Med right now.

Everybody's dream of what Cornwall is like. The reality is usually a bit different. :smile:

#missingthemizzle

Same here in the Cotswolds. Hope it holds out for a couple more days. Eldest son and daughter-in-law coming to visit us in our new house. Not been able to see them face-to-face since December 2019.
  • Options
    down in hot and humid East Sussex, nothing yet. Had thunder rumbling around yesterday late afternoon for two or three hours but no rain. Was off last Monday, took the dogs up to Hastings Country Park for a walk. Nice weather. Suddenly clouded over, massive thunderstorm, got drenched, roads back through Hastings and Ore were like lakes, flooding everywhere, cars pulling over, rain like I'd never seen before. Got home five miles away, not a drop. 
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

Like the Med right now.

#missingthemizzle

Same here in the Cotswolds. Hope it holds out for a couple more days. Eldest son and daughter-in-law coming to visit us in our new house. Not been able to see them face-to-face since December 2019.
    Cotswolds, that's a bit posh, innit?

I thought you were up in Yorkshire?

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    I've just driven from Rochester to Maidstone and the roads were horrendous, just like rivers in places.  Unbelievably there were still drivers with no lights and driving as if there was no water at all. 
  • Options
    Swisdom said:
    thenewbie said:
    Gillingham has had plenty of thunder bit no rain yet
    Snodland had thunder but no rain and then suddenly it was the end of the world
    Goodbye.
  • Options
    Wow.

Just had an intense 20 mins of thunder, lightening, wind & rain over Swanley.
    Sure that wasn't just over you, Golfie?

;) 
  • Options
    Another massive downpour in Dartford just finished - huge amounts of rain 
  • Options

If you get caught in a sudden downpour, just sing along:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1V8YRJnr4Q&ab_channel=CCRVEVO
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    Wow.

Just had an intense 20 mins of thunder, lightening, wind & rain over Swanley.
    Sure that wasn't just over you, Golfie?

;) 
    Hope you’re not playing golf at Pedham, it’s been struck twice according to the lightening app.
    edit - but not in the same place
  • Options
    Hailstones half the size of golf balls in Sidcup...
  • Options
    Another massive downpour in Dartford just finished - huge amounts of rain 
    Can confirm this, taken sky out, phone said 11mm in the last few hours, no idea if that’s accurate or not.
  • Options
    It’s back here again in Farningham. Hens not best pleased.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Oggy Red said:
    Oggy Red said:

Like the Med right now.

#missingthemizzle

Cotswolds, that's a bit posh, innit?

I thought you were up in Yorkshire?

No moved here last November…..just as another lockdown was starting. Great little village. Actually not so little.
  • Options
    In Bexleyheath and it hammered down around 1:45. Sounded like a lightening strike just outside the house. Massive bang, never heard a noise like it. We now have a Sky engineer coming out tomorrow to replace our very dead broadband router!
    Lightning strike just by the station according to lightningmaps 
    Not heard of lightning maps before but looking on it there’s been one not far from me. There was a flash followed immediately by a massive bang 😐. @Eynsfordaddick it’s in Sparepenny Lane. 
    Wow! Very close to me in Eynsford Rise. :)
    The map shows one near you 😳- hope it’s not too close 
  • Options
    It’s back here again in Farningham. Hens not best pleased.
    Yeah.......storm no 2 in swanley. Very very very heavy rain. I'd say worse that at Yeovil to give it context. 
  • Options
    Still bright and sunny here in Bedfordshire 
  • Options
    It's hitting chelsfield with a vengeance. 

Seriously this is not what I pay my rates for.
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    Some very local lightning by me in Chislehurst. 

Found my cat hiding behind a door :(
  • Options
    Ever
    Chizz said:
    Ever
    And hopefully nothing ever ever does. 

Correction, it raining 
  • Options
    A few rumbles of thunder in Golders Green followed by 15 minutes of heavy rain and a MASSIVE rumble of thunder which made me glad I'd been to the toilet beforehand
  • Options
    Can hear the thunder here in north Greenwich, not hit yet and still hot a fuck but starting to get a bit of a breeze which is nice.