Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Thunderstorm.............

Comments

• Options
    We had a two hour power cut across the south east of the island as a result of the storm. 
  • Options
    We had a two hour power cut across the south east of the island as a result of the storm. 
    Probably caused by the tornado!

https://www.islandecho.co.uk/tornado-caught-on-camera-moving-between-brading-and-bembridge/
  • Options
    Great storm at moment in Dartford - some cracking lightning 
  • Options
    Same in Harpenden, tons of lightening, hail storm…
  • Options
    Yeah it’s nuts over London, took my Sky out for a few minutes here in SE and is bucketing down in the Spurs game!
  • Options
    Filthy storm which started just as I arrived home from Shrewsbury!
  • Options
    At work and is causing me a few plant related headaches.
  • Options
    Are you a gardener?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just driven into the city. Not seen anything like it. Dodging lightening bolts on the way in! Everyone driving with their hazard lights on
  • Options
    Are you a gardener?
    If only
  • Options
    R0TW said:
    Just driven into the city. Not seen anything like it. Dodging lightening bolts on the way in! Everyone driving with their hazard lights on
    And the exaggeration of the year award for 2022 goes to….
    Ok. There was only a few with hazard lights on.
  • Options
    Incredible, was just getting ready to pop over to Greenwich park to take a few photos when I heard the rain. A few minutes previous there was just a very slight dusk & now it was black outside. The trees were going mental backwards & forwards in the wind & as my house is on a corner I have a clear view down the road from my kitchen window & the rain was so heavy it was hitting the roof of the first house & like a sheet it was crossing to the next house & so on as far as I could see, never seen anything like it. At this point I had decided I wouldn't go to the park  :D  but within about 15 minutes I wished that I had. I  looked out the window & there was the most amazing light & a golden glow on the blocks of flats down the road & across at Canary Wharf with a big rainbow more towards Essex. I couldn't see it but the sun must have been out. I went & looked out the front window & again I couldn't see the sun just not the right angle but the sky was almost filled with bright white clouds  with just a thin sliver of vivid light blue sky beneath before buildings obscured the horizon. Incredible weather all within about 45 minutes. 
  • Options
    In chelsfield 
    Thunder balls of lightning 

Very very frightening 
  • Options
    Absolutely mental, sister in laws house in welling virtually wrecked by a mini tornado, half the roof off, tree through the car etc

Got camera footage of the garden but no idea how to upload it here?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just came back from Essex. Nothing at all to add.  Dry all the way
  • Options
    Great storm at moment in Dartford - some cracking lightning 
    I went out for a run and halfway into it got caught in the storm. Last few miles running along watching fork lightening going off everywhere around me was pretty nerve-wracking.
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    Covered end junior (now 27) was on a flight home from Berlin this early evening.
    He said it was terrifying.

• Options
    Berlin is an ok place.
  • Options
    Roof over the road from them, there’s is worse 
  • Options
    R0TW said:
    And the exaggeration of the year award for 2022 goes to….
    Ok. There was only a few with hazard lights on.
    You?
  • Options
    Roof over the road from them, there’s is worse 
    That's my mother in-laws house.
  • Options
    hope they are ok, some of the damage in that road last night looked pretty bad
  • Options
    Looks worse from inside. Luckily noboby hurt. @Elthamaddick
  • Options