Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Sean Clare - July 2024 signed for Leyton Orient (p33)

Comments

• edited July 2023
    What you get with Clare is a midfielder who doesn't score enough goals, a right back who can be positionally exposed quite easily but is acceptable at league one level or a player who can play on the right side of a defensive three which I think is where he is best suited. If you want a left back who slows down your offensive play, maybe he is the one for you but who wants that? He does bring energy to the side in fairness.

I would have considered keeping him for squad options but it shouldn't be too hard to get better. But as in the case of Washington, it wasn't too hard to get better but we didn't get anybody and that actually made us worse.
  • A great win for Wigan over Derby today. It looks like Sean played RB in a 4
  • Bet he's well pleased at joining a third team in a row and played out of position. Maybe he needs to accept that coaches see him as a full back now and hone his craft there as much as he can

• Richard Cawley
    ·
    5m
    Leyton Orient have signed former #cafc defender Sean Clare.
  • Rob7Lee said:
    Good for him, he'll join up again with Pratley who amazingly is still going, managing 37 games last year, top pro who'll be 40 before the season ends and should pass 700 career games.
    And DJ.
  • Rob7Lee said:
    Good for him, he'll join up again with Pratley who amazingly is still going, managing 37 games last year, top pro who'll be 40 before the season ends and should pass 700 career games.
    Didn't play with him here, did he?
  • I’m surprised he got a three year deal, but good luck to him. He wouldn’t last five minutes in Nathan side because he’s not disciplined enough. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Surprised he's gone one year into a three year deal at Wigan. I'm never sure if they're destitute again or not but it looks like Clare fell out of favour a bit towards the end of the season so maybe a good move all round
  • I thought at times, Pratley and Clare were the ones that were trying to make something happen
  • If he was that good he would be signing for a bigger club. He's working his way down the pyramid.
  • follett said:
    The defence two seasons ago with Clare in it was much better than last seasons although that is a low bar. I think Clare was decent for us, Wigan fans rate him and it's a good signing for Orient.
    Even under Jacko, we had that quite nice spell with him in the back 3 with Jason and Famewo.  He thinks he’s a midfielder but he’s not a bad right sided defender .  
  • Sponsored links:

• I still couldn’t tell you his best position, he left weds for hearts wanting to play a more settled role on the wing and played every position on the pitch and did the same at the valley 
  • At least he won't do this again at the Valley ... will he?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGwRZAqYfjg
  • wmcf123 said:
    follett said:
    The defence two seasons ago with Clare in it was much better than last seasons although that is a low bar. I think Clare was decent for us, Wigan fans rate him and it's a good signing for Orient.
    Even under Jacko, we had that quite nice spell with him in the back 3 with Jason and Famewo.  He thinks he’s a midfielder but he’s not a bad right sided defender .  
    Well, he definitely not a left back, the one game he did play there, he was awful, having said that, it was the manager’s fault for playing him there. He didn’t even change it at HT.
  • wmcf123 said:
    follett said:
    Well, we had quite a nice spell, then a rough spell, then an ok spell, then a terrible spell. We didn't win in 7 games at one point and he got a red card for violent conduct in there somewhere. He was a really poor centre back. Decent right back though
  • At least he won't do this again at the Valley ... will he?

Amazing .. how did that team manage to beat Plymouth 5-1 !!! Kirk, Stockley, Clare, Lavelle. Some of the poorest players I’ve seen in a Charlton shirt
  • _MrDick said:
    At least he won't do this again at the Valley ... will he?

Amazing .. how did that team manage to beat Plymouth 5-1 !!! Kirk, Stockley, Clare, Lavelle. Some of the poorest players I’ve seen in a Charlton shirt
    “Garnerball”
  • I rather liked him and was quite surprised to see us ship him out.🫤
  • I was never a fan of Sean Clare. Maybe it was because he was being played out of position but I was never really impressed with him. 
    That was a wonder goal though. 
  • _MrDick said:
    At least he won't do this again at the Valley ... will he?

That was the match where someone got sent off, so they had to play most of the match with 10 men, wasn't it?