Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Sean Clare - July 2024 signed for Leyton Orient (p33)

1282930313234»

Comments

• _MrDick said:
    At least he won't do this again at the Valley ... will he?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGwRZAqYfjg
    Amazing .. how did that team manage to beat Plymouth 5-1 !!! Kirk, Stockley, Clare, Lavelle. Some of the poorest players I’ve seen in a Charlton shirt
    Playing against 10 men for an hour could have made a big difference.

plus our manager at the time was one of the worst we had employed for football.
  • Thought he was an decent enough lower league 1 player, but was inconsistent and was much better in his first season than the 2nd. One of those players who worked hard but sadly weren't good enough for what we needed, although it's still not proven yet we got better than him with us at the moment. 

• _MrDick said:

Amazing .. how did that team manage to beat Plymouth 5-1 !!! Kirk, Stockley, Clare, Lavelle. Some of the poorest players I’ve seen in a Charlton shirt
    Stockley was a very good player for us but dramatically lost form.
    So I am surprised at his negative inclusion in your list
  • _MrDick said:

All about opinions I suppose. Always thought he was clogger at best who never had the technical ability to play for us.
  • _MrDick said:

Agreed the problem wasnt solely Stockley in his second season, it was the system we played under Garner didnt suit him. He was annoying with his constant whining and blaming others but he was never going to excel with that system.
  • _MrDick said:

Playing against 10 men for an hour could have made a big difference.

plus our manager at the time was one of the worst we had employed for football.
    Were we not 2-0 up at the time of the sending off, with the sending off being deliberate handball on the goal
    line
  • One reason I liked him was because of his diet.
  • The funny thing is it always struck me that he would do best as a RWB however we only really played him as a RB in a 4 and he wasn't good enough defensively. I actually think in our current formation he would be decent on that right side.
  • The funny thing is it always struck me that he would do best as a RWB however we only really played him as a RB in a 4 and he wasn't good enough defensively. I actually think in our current formation he would be decent on that right side.
    His best spell was on the right of a back 3. As a full back he would get get into a central position leaving a winger in acres of spade 
    His best spell was on the right of a back 3. As a full back he would get get into a central position leaving a winger in acres of spade 
    I agree, not a good enough defender to play as a CB in a 3 but had athleticism and decent going forward so should have been a good RWB.
  • Sponsored links:

• Boring move on…… (good luck shite footballer)
  • You look at him and think he’s a good size, has decent pace, reasonably comfortable on the ball, fit enough to get about the pitch and not injury prone.

And yet he’s got another L1 move, and one to a smaller club than us and Wigan.

There’s something missing from his game that stops a player with all the attributes above from playing at a higher level. Defensively he makes too many mistakes and he hasn’t convinced any manager that he has the awareness and ability to read the game, position himself etc to play in central midfield.

At this stage in his career I don’t think he’s going to get to that level to make the step up.
  • edited July 25
    Scoham said:
    You look at him and think he’s a good size, has decent pace, reasonably comfortable on the ball, fit enough to get about the pitch and not injury prone.

And yet he’s got another L1 move, and one to a smaller club than us and Wigan.

There’s something missing from his game that stops a player with all the attributes above from playing at a higher level. Defensively he makes too many mistakes and he hasn’t convinced any manager that he has the awareness and ability to read the game, position himself etc to play in central midfield.

At this stage in his career I don’t think he’s going to get to that level to make the step up.
    In short - he hasn't got a football brain and switches off too easily.