Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sean Clare - signed for Wigan on a 3 year deal (p30)

Comments

• Options
    I did wonder if his mask had effect on his peripheral vision, losing track on the player he was marking.
  • Options
    Taxi_Lad said:
    Sean’s vegan diet might explain his lapses of concentration 
    Ryan Innes must live on diluted water then.
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    Taxi_Lad said:
    Ryan Innes must live on diluted water then.
    Diluted with blood? 
  • Options
    Look, we've all agreed he wears a mask of Zorro. We cannot have that if we're chasing promotion as it just looks silly. Let's sink this thread and start another one about afc Wimbledon.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    My impression is that Sean Clare was a funny, quick witted and companionable team mate.
    Certainly not a Roger Johnson.
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    My impression is that Sean Clare was a funny, quick witted and companionable team mate.
    Certainly not a Roger Johnson.
    You effing what? Effing anti-racist (accused of being racist) term Charlton Life agitator accuses Roger 'effing' Johnson of being a swearing see you next Tuesday. 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Taxi_Lad said:
    Pathetic assumption that a Vegan Diet has anything to do with concentration levels.
    or loss of sense of humour.
    My wife’s a vegan and I got her to try and pass the ball to me 10 times. She failed every time. Maybe there is something in this vegan diet thing. 
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Careful now, there might be some evidence of defending in there that seems to have been forgotten by some!
  • Options
    I too feel a sadness that he’s gone, he seemed to be a good guy.

Whether he had the ability to 🆙 his game with better players around him, not sure? I think it’s very easy when playing with shit players to sink to that level.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Scoham said:
    After watching that, I would have given him a 5 year contract
    Even with that terrible music choice?
  • Options
    NabySarr said:
    Forgot how good he was at Old Trafford. One of his best games for us 
    I like Clare but Garnacho had him on toast
  • Options
    arthur said:
    Scoham said:
    Careful now, there might be some evidence of defending in there that seems to have been forgotten by some!
    There's some fantastic tackles in there, but then I don't think anyone's ever doubted his physicality and his tackling skill. He wasn't a terrible right back by any stretch, but there's also a fair few tackles in there where he's putting in a last-ditch challenge on an attacker racing towards goal. That's him making up ground on a player he let run in behind him. He didn't always catch them and that was the problem, too many instances of a player running off him because he's good at marshalling the man but not the space. If you look at Chris Solly in 2011/12 he won so many 1 on 1 duels, he was an absolute master of it, but he also created situations where the only option the winger had was to go at him and try and get past because his positioning was so good people couldn't get in behind him. If Clare was capable of doing that more he would have been on a level with Solly, maybe even above as he's a great athlete, but he doesn't have that positional nous that you need if dominating your winger is what you're best at
  • Options
    I would have kept him as a squad player but not fussed if we bring in better. The problem is, I said the same about Washington last summer and look how that panned out!

the problem with him is that he never seemed to learn from his mistakes. So often he would get dragged into the centre leaving opposition wide players with lots of space. If I could see that, I'm not sure why our coaching staff couldnt and why this wasn't addressed 
  • Options
    I would have kept him as a squad player but not fussed if we bring in better. The problem is, I said the same about Washington last summer and look how that panned out!

the problem with him is that he never seemed to learn from his mistakes. So often he would get dragged into the centre leaving opposition wide players with lots of space. If I could see that, I'm not sure why our coaching staff couldnt and why this wasn't addressed 
    Its a difficult one. Hanging on to players who could do a job is a sure-fire fast lane to accepting mediocrity. However, with the state of the club and uncertainty around this summer (coupled with the experience of the last couple summers where we haven't adequately replaced the players who have left) maybe we need to accept a little mediocrity in order to have stability and depth. 

I have zero confidence we will bring in the number of players we need this summer, let alone the quality of player we need. 
  • Options
    Shame he didn't get even 1 game in midfield this season to perhaps show what he can do there. I think he might have if Egbo and Kane didn't receive the Charlton curse. 

Thanks for your time and not moaning about playing the position you never really wanted to following Oxford. 
  • Options
    NabySarr said:
    First half he was getting torn to pieces on the right. 
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    NabySarr said:
    I like Clare but Garnacho had him on toast

Only for the first 12 minutes then Clare stopped diving in and had a decent game.
    Clare is an enigma, losing concentration but can run from his own half and hit the inside of the post and also a worldy against Plymouth at the valley from 30 yards.
    Could well line up for the green army in the Championship 😱
  • Options
    A propos of nothing, it occurs to me that Sean Clare is an anagram of clean arse. Shades of Matt Holland, perhaps
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    NabySarr said:
    First half he was getting torn to pieces on the right. 
    Garnacho was absolutely outrageous that night.