Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Those early bird season ticket 'benefits' - 2022-23 season discussion from p8

Comments

• I just tried this and got the same. However, I read the instructions again and you have to assign the extra ticket to another person before applying the voucher. Then it worked and no booking fee either.

• I just tried this and got the same. However, I read the instructions again and you have to assign the extra ticket to another person before applying the voucher. Then it worked and no booking fee either.

Thanks very much.
    I obviously didn't follow the instructions properly.
  • edited September 2021
    Thanks for the advice. I called the ticket office and the guy looked up and gave me the original code from their central database which worked perfectly to secure my free ticket once I had assigned it to my brother who was already linked to my membership number. I was pleased to see the £1.50 booking fee automatically removed too making it totally free to download to my phone and/or print off immediately.

Pretty good experience all round. Well done The Club. You won’t find me slagging them off. This free ticket, in effect, represents a further 10% discount on my original Early Bird season ticket price. Nice.
  • Bringing this back up, is there any info on the club shop being open all weekend to use the voucher in there? 
  • Rothko said:
    Bringing this back up, is there any info on the club shop being open all weekend to use the voucher in there? 
    If they don’t open Sunday you really have to question what is going on.
  • Rothko said:
    Bringing this back up, is there any info on the club shop being open all weekend to use the voucher in there? 
    If they don’t open Sunday you really have to question what is going on.
    Yep, and that's the plan to go on Sunday, so if it isn't I need to scramble tomorrow. 
  • Open 10-3 on Sunday 
  • meldrew66 said:
    Thanks for the advice. I called the ticket office and the guy looked up and gave me the original code from their central database which worked perfectly to secure my free ticket once I had assigned it to my brother who was already linked to my membership number. I was pleased to see the £1.50 booking fee automatically removed too making it totally free to download to my phone and/or print off immediately.

Pretty good experience all round. Well done The Club. You won’t find me slagging them off. This free ticket, in effect, represents a further 10% discount on my original Early Bird season ticket price. Nice.
    You're not really Victor Meldrew are you?
  • Sponsored links:

• shirty5 said:
    I’m pleased they’re responding to feedback about this. A good sign.

Of course it should be an option to claim your discount at any time during the season.
  • Wayne Mumford has been quite clear in private they got this wrong; good he has now said it publicly.
  • Anybody know how to locate the store discount voucher on the club website?
  • edited September 2021
    seth plum said:
    Anybody know how to locate the store discount voucher on the club website?
    If you are talking about the money off deal for early bird S/T holders for the club shop.
    The purchases on said dates had to be made in person not online.
    The voucher was attached to the letter, together with th drinks voucher.

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/614b0531d05db/valley-superstore-discount-period-extended-for-early-bird-season-ticket-holders
  • Just used my voucher to bring a friend free to the Doncaster game using the online tool, able to sit near my seat too. Only cost was time on hold to ticket office as I couldn't easily find instructions anywhere.
  • Blinding.
    Just received my drinks voucher and didn't take the early bird offer.

• Sponsored links:

• Got my letter from Thomas too with the drinks voucher and club shop 10% off voucher.

Also says they can shift seats around for the buy one get one free so all three people can sit together which is handy. 
  • two vouchers received (Son and I) - cheers Thomas 
  • had 4 identical letters turn up here and started moaning about waste of paper etc and then realised there was a drinks voucher in the first one.....haha
  • Took me completely by surprise.  To be honest with you, it doesn't bother me being a season ticket holder and there are these promotions.  Thomas saved the club. The long term goal is to get bums on seats and get fans addicted to Charlton. Ok, a lot wont but some will. To be offered a free drink and 10% voucher is a big bonus.  At one of the home games with me mates we had agreed the early bird offer we should have had something like this (although the early bid offer vouchers back then didn't affect my choice in getting a season ticket.  Well done Thomas and thank you. Glad I have got to the end of the season as I am having an endoscopy and colonoscopy tomorrow, Now watch us win 5 nil tomorrow. 
  • Best wishes for tomorrow Rudders.
  • edited February 2022
    Nice. I think the club shop is best it's been for years in terms of offering etc. 

Taking the kids for first family game together tomorrow so no doubt I'll do a small fortune in there.

Parents: "I just want my kids to be happy".

Also Parents: "Come on down the Valley with me this weekend, kids, I promise it wont lead to you having the hump the for 2/3 of your weekends from this weekend onwards".
  • Just received a letter in the post with a voucher for one FREE drink (at a game of my choice) and a 10% off voucher at the club shop
    Again, a sign TS is learning from mistakes made in the summer.
  • Rudders22 said:
    Took me completely by surprise.  To be honest with you, it doesn't bother me being a season ticket holder and there are these promotions.  Thomas saved the club. The long term goal is to get bums on seats and get fans addicted to Charlton. Ok, a lot wont but some will. To be offered a free drink and 10% voucher is a big bonus.  At one of the home games with me mates we had agreed the early bird offer we should have had something like this (although the early bid offer vouchers back then didn't affect my choice in getting a season ticket.  Well done Thomas and thank you. Glad I have got to the end of the season as I am having an endoscopy and colonoscopy tomorrow, Now watch us win 5 nil tomorrow. 
    The medical equivalent of a spit roast. Good luck. Also hope we win 5-0
  • I reckon the club will make season tickets for 22/23 very appealing.