Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Those that got away

13»

Comments

• Options
    Jac_52 said:
    Andy Delort
    Close the thread now we have a winner 
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Ricardo Fuller, this first time.
    Still dont know why that didn't happen. We were the first English club to have him, he was banging goals in left, right and centre on trial with our reserves. Legendary status at Stoke, and one of the best veteran-age players I've ever seen turning out for us when we signed him under Powell about 15 years later.
  • Options
    MrLargo said:
    Scoham said:
    Still dont know why that didn't happen. We were the first English club to have him, he was banging goals in left, right and centre on trial with our reserves. Legendary status at Stoke, and one of the best veteran-age players I've ever seen turning out for us when we signed him under Powell about 15 years later.
    Didnt he have some really bad injuries problems even that early on?
  • Options
    MarcusH26 said:
    Remember Clement Lenglet (now at Barcelona) being linked under the early days of Roland

Think he turned us down actually so we did try as he was at Nancy at the time
    Was a whole summer under Roland where we went after a few young French talents , Lenglet was definitely one of them along with Jean-Phillipe Gbamin who's now at Everton but was at Lens then. 

Was a striker too that summer called Tom De Sutter that got very close and we ended up with Makienok. 

To be taken with a pinch of salt but didnt Tommy say recently that he wanted to bring in Frenkie de Jong when he was @ Willem II but got over-ruled someone at the club?
    Yeah supposedly. Massive pinch of salt of course. 
  • Options
    MrLargo said:
    Scoham said:
    Didnt he have some really bad injuries problems even that early on?
    Wikipedia page supports this. Only 8 games for Palace as a consequence.
  • Options
    MarcusH26 said:
    Remember Clement Lenglet (now at Barcelona) being linked under the early days of Roland

Think he turned us down actually so we did try as he was at Nancy at the time
    Was a whole summer under Roland where we went after a few young French talents , Lenglet was definitely one of them along with Jean-Phillipe Gbamin who's now at Everton but was at Lens then. 

Was a striker too that summer called Tom De Sutter that got very close and we ended up with Makienok. 

To be taken with a pinch of salt but didnt Tommy say recently that he wanted to bring in Frenkie de Jong when he was @ Willem II but got over-ruled someone at the club?
    All the brilliant ones that we didn't get were picked by Tommy Tank. All the shit ones that we did get were nothing to do with him (according to him). Hmmm.
  • Options
    after we played Ascoli at home in the Anglo Italian cup 93/94 we were offered Oliver Bierhoff for £100,000 but couldn’t afford him according to Curbs. I think he later went to someone for £5m.
  • Options
    Tony Cascarino. For some reason dad kept a newspaper cutting about him signing for us for years. I think he really liked Cascarino.