Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

What Charlton pubs are still open?

Comments

• Options
    Happy to nip into the Rose on Friday to see what plans are in place,think I need to pay my bonus ball as well
    I'm presuming it will be full of Massives.
    Nowhere near it, home only now, ticket shown before and after 
  • Options
    Can someone just do a pub crawl tomorrow and let us know what's what?
    Surely someone's up to the task?
    🙋‍♂️
    You’ll have hell of a hangover for Saturday if you’re pub crawling from Sheffield to Charlton!
  • Options
    PopIcon said:
    I believe there will be a new pub/restaurant opening up on The Woolwich Road, part of the Valley House flats.

I really miss the old Lib club, it was never the same when it reopened. The Rose of Denmark on the other hand is hideous. Is it still ran by that old witch? A proper old school moany cow!
    The lady your referring to has now gone. The new owners are great. He has put up a lot of Charlton stuff on the walls 
  • Options
    Wish the White Swan was still there.. hope somebody comes to the rescue 
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    British Oak...though it's a bit of a walk also The Pilot again a bit of a walk. A bit nearer Anchor and Hope.
  • Options
    Happy to nip into the Rose on Friday to see what plans are in place,think I need to pay my bonus ball as well
    I'm presuming it will be full of Massives.
    The last few times we’ve played them, a group of about 20-30 turn up at The Bull by Woolwich Arsenal station. Lovely bunch, very quiet and enjoy their bitter shandies with a smile on their faces! 🙄😂
  • Options
    if you’re of you’re walking from the river ale house you do end up walking past the Angerstein Hotel which is not only run by Millwall but is also the closest away pub now to the ground. 
    I was told the other day the Angerstien  had shut down 
    Lost its cup final day.
  • Options
    PopIcon said:
    I believe there will be a new pub/restaurant opening up on The Woolwich Road, part of the Valley House flats.

I really miss the old Lib club, it was never the same when it reopened. The Rose of Denmark on the other hand is hideous. Is it still ran by that old witch? A proper old school moany cow!
    Blimey, you are a well out-of-touch. 'Palace Andy' has been running it for about three or four years. I say running it, he sits on his arse all day and won't even pull a pint when he has dozens of thirsty punters. If you are referring to Irish Kath, she was one of the best publicans Charlton has ever seen.
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    if you’re of you’re walking from the river ale house you do end up walking past the Angerstein Hotel which is not only run by Millwall but is also the closest away pub now to the ground. 
    I believe he's gone now but the pub is best avoided, especially on matchdays when it's the designated away fans place.
  • Options
    I assume all the pubs around charlton are the pre pandemic turn up and have a beer?  No booking/apps/have to be seated etc?
    Yep.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    PopIcon said:

Blimey, you are a well out-of-touch. 'Palace Andy' has been running it for about three or four years. I say running it, he sits on his arse all day and won't even pull a pint when he has dozens of thirsty punters. If you are referring to Irish Kath, she was one of the best publicans Charlton has ever seen.
    I'm going back maybe ten years. I'm always willing to give things another go.
    Possibly Irish Kath, she had a right pop at my missus once just for laughing. Then refused her entry as she wasn't carrying her season ticket. Something else happened once too, put me right off.
  • Options
    I believe he's gone now but the pub is best avoided, especially on matchdays when it's the designated away fans place.
    It’s the closest pub to my house, just about closer than the River Ale House. While the River is worth spending a lot of time in, the Angerstein is best avoided at all times not just match days.

although the bar staff are quite often passed and forget to charge you for all your drinks.
  • Options
    The last time I was in the Pilot was for the Leeds game which we somehow won 1-0, quite a few Leeds in there that day but they seemed a decent bunch, assume a few Sheff Weds would be in there Saturday.
  • Options
    can see the oak being mobbed on Saturday so we've made the non so wise decision to get there for 12.15 and grab a spot hopefully. 

with the swan gone one thing i wont miss is that bastard hill 
  • Options
    pre covid i tended to drink either at the swan or greenwich or blackheath - although usually a lot of away fans about. 
  • Options
    can see the oak being mobbed on Saturday so we've made the non so wise decision to get there for 12.15 and grab a spot hopefully. 

Wow for a 5.30 kick off. Impressive.
  • Options
    No need to avoid it. It closed a long time ago.
  • Options
    Also planning a midday start at Royal Oak
  • Options

Christ, fair play - you’ll need to check back here on Sunday morning to remind yourself who won the match! 
  • Options
    pre covid i tended to drink either at the swan or greenwich or blackheath - although usually a lot of away fans about. 
    Princess Of Wales onto the British Oak and then the Swan....was our route from Lewisham.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Never went in the White Horse before as I was too scared. Never going to go in it now as it looks plastic as fuck. Anchor & Hope is my local of choice - Lisa who works there runs a cracking seafood shack in the car park that I visit every Friday for whelks and cockles. That said, River Ale easily has the best beer (and cider) in the area. Might check out the Green Goddess on my afternoon walk. Lessons to teach later? Best keep it to one or two 
  • Options
    Checking their website the Angerstein is still open. They had a review from a customer 2 days ago.
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Never went in the White Horse before as I was too scared. Never going to go in it now as it looks plastic as fuck. Anchor & Hope is my local of choice - Lisa who works there runs a cracking seafood shack in the car park that I visit every Friday for whelks and cockles. That said, River Ale easily has the best beer (and cider) in the area. Might check out the Green Goddess on my afternoon walk. Lessons to teach later? Best keep it to one or two 
    Lovely when the suns out....can be popular with away fans, though I've never seen any trouble down there. 
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    As promised @Covered End I’m on the Thursday pub crawl oi oi
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    msomerton said:
    Checking their website the Angerstein is still open. They had a review from a customer 2 days ago.
    OK

• Options
    I went to Charlton House only to find out that the Green Goddess isn't open on Thursdays! Went past the Bugle Horn. Only been in once, went straight out again. Baffled why that one survived and the White Swan didn't
  • Options
    Yes seems early but can see being served an absolute pain in the ass as it’s a pub where a lot of people stand and drink at the bar - also the weather on Saturday looks to be hammering it down and that will make it even worse 
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    I went to Charlton House only to find out that the Green Goddess isn't open on Thursdays! Went past the Bugle Horn. Only been in once, went straight out again. Baffled why that one survived and the White Swan didn't
    The Bugle Horn used to be a lovely pub back in the seventies. Since then it’s really had its ups and downs. Still has the potential to be a very good pub again. 
  • Options
    does anyone drink in The Vanbrugh? Saw they did up the garden for the euros, but have never actually been myself