Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

What Charlton pubs are still open?

124»

Comments

• Options
    We plan on getting to The Oak about 2.00pm - is it likely to be rammed by then?
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    We plan on getting to The Oak about 2.00pm - is it likely to be rammed by then?
    My guess is busy but not rammed, but who knows.
  • Options
    Oak was fairly busy (though still tables /space) at 6pm Friday. Expect it will be rammed quite early on a match day. 
  • Options
    You’re making me jealous now. Can’t wait for things to ease up on travel so I can get over for some pregame drinking. 
  • Options
    Crusty54 said:
    if you’re of you’re walking from the river ale house you do end up walking past the Angerstein Hotel which is not only run by Millwall but is also the closest away pub now to the ground. 
    I was told the other day the Angerstien  had shut down 
    Covered in scaffolding and being converted to multiple occupancy accommodation. In theory a pub could reopen on the ground floor but I wouldn't hold my breath.
    That's the Antigallican.
    And run by Millwall? Surely not.!
  • Options
    Crusty54 said:
    if you’re of you’re walking from the river ale house you do end up walking past the Angerstein Hotel which is not only run by Millwall but is also the closest away pub now to the ground. 
    I was told the other day the Angerstien  had shut down 
    Covered in scaffolding and being converted to multiple occupancy accommodation. In theory a pub could reopen on the ground floor but I wouldn't hold my breath.
    That's the Antigallican.
    And run by Millwall? Surely not.!
    Noooo,
    The Angerstein is run by spanners.
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    So the Oak was pretty decent all be it pricey for a pint in a plastic cup - Yesterday was handy as most were standing outside can see it being an absolute nightmare during the colder months as will get mobbed. 

Biggest issue with oak is theres
    not actually that much space inside as you walk in and are at the bar 
  • Options
    So the Oak was pretty decent all be it pricey for a pint in a plastic cup - Yesterday was handy as most were standing outside can see it being an absolute nightmare during the colder months as will get mobbed. 
    Think how warm it will be.
  • Options
    Thought they coped very well with the volume on Saturday in the Royal Oak. Had to wait five minutes at peak to get served but usually only a couple of minutes.
  • Options
    Disappointed that they ran out of Moretti after the game.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    @PopIcon indeed, I have my tkt for the Friday eve session 👍🏻 Cheers
    I'm going with a fellow Addick on the Friday too. 
  • Options
    That came earlier than expected - they normally wait three years before showing their hand. ALWAYS worth objecting, anyhow.

a summary: https://charltonchampion.co.uk/2022/09/24/white-swan-developer-plans-flats-above-pub-in-affluent-charlton/

the marketing appraisal is worth a read for the amount of cobblers in it: https://charltonchampion.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2022/09/22_2746_F-MARKETING_REPORT-853722.pdf

Expect the council will tell them to do one and we'll be in for another long and boring row, but ALWAYS worth objecting.

• Options
    Re open the pub and let them build flats above seems more than reasonable to me.
    I didn't even know there was a room above until CAST hired it out and it's hardly that important in the whole scheme of things, if the choice is the pub reopening with no room above or not reopening.
    I would guess the majority wouldn't even known there was a room above in any case.
  • Options
    Re open the pub and let them build flats above seems more than reasonable to me.
    I didn't even know there was a room above until CAST hired it out and it's hardly that important in the whole scheme of things, if the choice is the pub reopening with no room above or not reopening.
    I would guess the majority wouldn't even known there was a room above in any case.
    Building flats above pubs is the usual shitbag developer way of making that pub unviable because of noise complaints.