Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

CAFC appear on government list of 191 employers who failed to pay the minimum wage

2»

Comments

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Willing to wager they took place between 2014 and 2018 when we had our wealthiest ever owner, Roland Duchatelet, and loveable Chief Exec 'child-catcher', Katrien Meire.
    Dont think anyone would take that wager given its mentioned in the OP ;) 
    To be fair, that said 2011-2018 and Duchatelet only bought the club in 2014.
    And he should have immediately corrected that, especially given the shite he spouted for his Belgian political party. 
    We don't know when / how the infringement was spotted do we? Entirely possible it was made good as soon as identified / queried / escalated. Given the overall low value (at face value) it may have been an error that was surfaced after the event. Of course it could equally be a long running dispute.

We don't know the detail is my point - all we seem to know at least it was not an issue after 2018.

There’s details in the report, down to the exact date the arrears began and ended. Can’t remember the exact, but ours begun in 2014 and ended in 2017.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Willing to wager they took place between 2014 and 2018 when we had our wealthiest ever owner, Roland Duchatelet, and loveable Chief Exec 'child-catcher', Katrien Meire.
    And he should have immediately corrected that, especially given the shite he spouted for his Belgian political party. 
    We don't know when / how the infringement was spotted do we? Entirely possible it was made good as soon as identified / queried / escalated. Given the overall low value (at face value) it may have been an error that was surfaced after the event. Of course it could equally be a long running dispute.

We don't know the detail is my point - all we seem to know at least it was not an issue after 2018.

There’s details in the report, down to the exact date the arrears began and ended. Can’t remember the exact, but ours begun in 2014 and ended in 2017.
    Not the same thing though is it.

The 'issue' may be throughout that window - doesn't mean it was noticed / flagged / queried in 2014 and how / who to etc.

How long it was actually sat on is the more interesting information we don't have. Could also be an obscure event that only happens infrequently in that window and resulted in under payment - we just don't know.
  • Options
    cafcfan said:
    I expect they were players.
    In the case of Yohann Thuram that's still grossly overpaying him
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    Dazzler21 said:

Understand we don't know specifics, all we do know at this time is that the club..our club, is being dragged through the press as a wrongun, and that is enough for me to be pissed off, and disgusted with whatever  has occurred.
  • Options
    Oxford Dictionary have announced that their new definition for hypocrite is 'Roland Duchatelet'
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    While us underpaying is of course wrong and embarrassing, looking at the list I'm more surprised to see the John Lewis Partnership. With their ethos, that's really embarrassing

John Lewis plc, Westminster, SW1E, failed to pay £941355.67 to 19392 workers