Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

2021/2022 Football League

Comments

• Options
    edited April 2022
    A few games in League Two this evening

Exeter City vs Barrow (nice local trip for the visitors on a weeknight)
     - If Exeter win, they they're promoted along with Forest Green who are already up.
     - If Exeter draw, they can only fail to be promoted on Goal Difference which is only three goals better than Port Vale

Mansfield Town vs Stevenage:
     - If Mansfield win, they can only drop out of the Play-Offs on GD which isnt much different to Salford or Tranmere

Swindon Town vs Forest Green Rovers
     - If Forest Green win, and Exeter lose... Forest Green can only fail to win the title on Goal Difference

I dont understand it though; League One finishes this coming weekend.

League Two and the Championship dont finish for another week?
    I think it was the same last year, with L1 finishing a week early. I suppose it's to give us L1 clubs a day in the spotlight, but it seems weird
    I presume that all three Leagues get the TV spotlight for the important last game of the season, but they could surely do. 

League One: Sat at 12:30
    League Two: Sat at 5:30
    Championship: Sun at 12:30
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    Fulham are losing at home to Nottingham Forest

Bournemouth 2-0 down at Swansea

Puts the Forest just two behind Bournemouth with the two having played the same amount of games. Feels like Parker is putting himself under needless pressure - Especially as Bournemouth vs Forest is the penultimate game of the season
  • Options
    A few games in League Two this evening

Exeter City vs Barrow (nice local trip for the visitors on a weeknight)
     - If Exeter win, they they're promoted along with Forest Green who are already up.
     - If Exeter draw, they can only fail to be promoted on Goal Difference which is only three goals better than Port Vale

Mansfield Town vs Stevenage:
     - If Mansfield win, they can only drop out of the Play-Offs on GD which isnt much different to Salford or Tranmere

Swindon Town vs Forest Green Rovers
     - If Forest Green win, and Exeter lose... Forest Green can only fail to win the title on Goal Difference

I dont understand it though; League One finishes this coming weekend.

League Two and the Championship dont finish for another week?
    I think it was the same last year, with L1 finishing a week early. I suppose it's to give us L1 clubs a day in the spotlight, but it seems weird
    I presume that all three Leagues get the TV spotlight for the important games, but they could surely do. 

League One: Sat at 12:30
    League Two: Sat at 5:30
    Championship: Sun at 12:30
    Agreed. It seems extra odd that L1 is the one finishing early, as L1 sides will have more games called off due to international callups than L2 ones, and are more likely to progress in the Pizza Cup, and indeed the main cups too
  • Options
    Rotherham winning at Sunderland, Fleetwood beating Chef Wendy
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    Forgot that any result for Fleetwood relegates Wimbledon and Doncaster - Both need a miracle even if Fleetwood lose today
  • Options
    A goal and an assist for Louis Barry, for Swindon. Flopped at Ipswich behind their 20 other strikers, but well regarded
  • Options
    George Lapslie has put Mansfield ahead against Stevenage
  • Options
    Fulham are losing at home to Nottingham Forest

Bournemouth 2-0 down at Swansea

Puts the Forest just two behind Bournemouth with the two having played the same amount of games. Feels like Parker is putting himself under needless pressure - Especially as Bournemouth vs Forest is the penultimate game of the season
    Bournemouth have a tough game away at Blackburn this weekend too, whilst Forest have a home game v Swansea.
  • Options
    Forest Green are back to 2-1 down now
  • Options
    Exeter now 2-1 up and heading for a Taylor/Jacko reunion next season
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sunderland in danger of missing the playoffs.
  • Options
    Bournemouth come from 3-0 with 20 minutes left down to grab a potentially vital point at Swansea.

Forest win 1-0 at Fulham.
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    That Bournemouth v Forest game in a week from now is going to be MASSIVE.

Both sides have the same goal difference of +30.

• Options
    Well done Matt Taylor, see you next season
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    Bournemouth, P43 PTS79 GD+30 GS69

Forest P43 PTS76 GD+30 GS67

Forest:
    Swansea (H)
    Bournemouth (A)
    Hull (A)

Bournemouth:
    Blackburn (A)
    Forest (H)
    Millwall (H)

The balance is still in the Cherries favour, just. But with the relative momentum of each side…
  • Options
    I completely ignored Swindon during my League Two run down - But their 2-1 win over Forest Green puts them into 8th, and are now just two points behind Sutton United, with all games in hand done and dusted
  • Options
    Bournemouth, P43 PTS79 GD+30 GS69

Forest P43 PTS76 GD+30 GS67

Forest:
    Swansea (H)
    Bournemouth (A)
    Hull (A)

Bournemouth:
    Blackburn (A)
    Forest (H)
    Millwall (H)

The balance is still in the Cherries favour, just. But with the relative momentum of each side…
    Looking at those games i'd say the balance lies slightly with Forest.

Yes the Bournemouth game is away but Swansea and Hull are basically on the beach, whereas Bournemouth have to face Blackburn and Millwall who are both chasing the final play off spot. 
  • Options
    Boro 2-0 up v Cardiff 
    squeezing another team between the scum and the play offs 
  • Options
    Be funny if Wilder knocked United out of the playoffs
  • Options
    Come on you chip butty slaaags , let me relax 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    20 to 1 on millwall making the play offs. Seems good value.
  • Options
    qpr 1-0 up ffs 
  • Options
    Mike said:
    20 to 1 on millwall making the play offs. Seems good value.
    Millwall have to go to Bournemouth on the last day. I fancy Boro with games against Stoke & Preston will make the Play-Offs if Sheff U blow it.
  • Options
    Sheffield United going to drop out the playoffs to be replaced by Wilder's Middlesbrough.
  • Options
    Sheff U equaliser 1-1
  • Options
    1-2 get in there chip butty boys 
  • Options
    Get in 2-1
  • Options
    Wallop 1-3
  • Options
    Millwall needing a massive goal difference swing to make the playoffs now.