Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

How good was it...

To have a sing song and a bit of a shout up again?

Throw your arms around, shout at the ref, the lino who saw nothing, the diving oppo, Get frustrated when we miss a chance. Sing your heart out. 

Love it, proper therapy getting a shout up out your system! 

Comments

• Options
    Absolutely brilliant, always going to be an anticlimax with the result, but how good was it to be back!!!
  • Options
    I woke up this morning thinking of the game and didn't really stop until it was time to get on our way. Great to be back and looking forward to the season as always. 
  • Options
    The cupboard was rocking, great to be home. 
  • Options
    Loved it...

But god am I lacking in match sharpness

Hands were sore from clapping before the game had even started

Voice started to disappear on about 40mins!!
    That is so true for me. In fact it's been so long, that quite usual things felt unfamiliar. I felt like a newbie going along for the first time. Judging by some of the disorganisation (nothing major, just little things) I wasn't the only one who wasn't quite match fit either. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    tajaddick said:
    Took my 8 year old daughter today at the top of the North stand upper. She was in her element. So nice to see her  with a smile on her face,
    And a whole load of new words to tell Mummy 😉.   
    Not to mention the incest song.
  • Options
    It was good but with a tinge of sadness for those who couldn't be there. 
  • Options
    tajaddick said:
    Took my 8 year old daughter today at the top of the North stand upper. She was in her element. So nice to see her  with a smile on her face,

Bit strange singing that one. Sheffield is no hillbilly outpost.
  • Options
    tajaddick said:

Bit strange singing that one. Sheffield is no hillbilly outpost.
    I don’t think much thinking about the social profile of the locality that opposition emanate from goes on!
  • Options
    Solidgone said:
    I took a mate to his first Charlton match (only been to 3 international matches prior) and he enjoyed the atmosphere in the cupboard end. The clincher was the “you….shit…ta..” at the Wednesday keeper and then the ball being kicked straight into touch.  He couldn’t stop laughing. 
    You're shit aaaahhh.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Solidgone said:
    I took a mate to his first Charlton match (only been to 3 international matches prior) and he enjoyed the atmosphere in the cupboard end. The clincher was the “you….shit…ta..” at the Wednesday keeper and then the ball being kicked straight into touch.  He couldn’t stop laughing. 
    You're shit aaaahhh.
    I'm surprised that this chant seemed to be a clincher in 2021

• Options
    Chatting to a Spurs mate today who was there with his kids and he said be couldn’t believe how much the Charlton fans got behind the team and wished the atmosphere was like that at their new ground 
  • Options
    Great to be in a lively Covered End but just one small criticism.
    Can we drop the 'Who the fucking hell are you' and 'You're support is fucking shit' to a team with 3000 fans. I've no love for Wednesday but they will always turn up.
    Absolutely.  How many would we have had at theirs for a 17:30 kick off on the telly? Less than 1k I would say. "No train back to London after the game" etc etc.
  • Options
    Chatting to a Spurs mate today who was there with his kids and he said be couldn’t believe how much the Charlton fans got behind the team and wished the atmosphere was like that at their new ground 
    My Arsenal mate who was there with me said the same. Nice feedback 
  • Options
    I had a great day . The atmosphere. Thomas doing his thing . The opening of the Curbs stand . Even the game , which let’s face it , was shit - I enjoyed because it’s been such a long time . Still buzzing 
  • Options
    We were in the East stand, sorry Curbs stand as we will now try and call  it.
    Missed the 🌈 gutted.
    Doesn't look like much work has been done in the Curbs stand other than the signage?
    Bogs are still shit, food was shit and slow as per, and there was a new leak.
  • Options
    My Arsenal mate who was there with me said the same. Nice feedback 
    So how many of the crowd on Saturday were Arsenal or Spurs supporting mates? ;)
  • Options
    We were in the East stand, sorry Curbs stand as we will now try and call  it.
    Missed the 🌈 gutted.
    Doesn't look like much work has been done in the Curbs stand other than the signage?
    Bogs are still shit, food was shit and slow as per, and there was a new leak.
    Only one food stand open is ridiculous. 
  • Options
    Tell him it will be, when we’re back in the PL and we play there
  • Options
    I think the below sums it all up following the last 18 months.

Sold for £1.00 to a bunch of conmen, some of whom proceeded to rape the club of its sparse coffers.
    Passed onto another bunch of chancers who again did their best to finish the club
    Just when we were thinking we would need to form a new club and we would be playing lower league this season. Out of nowhere pops up on Twitter a bloke from America saying he wants to buy the club.
    After so much turmoil and legal wranglings TS won the day in court.
    From the deepest depths somehow we had a club that would still exist.
    Covid 19 arrives and basically stops the world in it's tracks.
    The matches continued but none of us were allowed to attend.
    Hopefully the vaccine will win and crowds can get back to the ground
    On Saturday the day arrived and anyone who wanted to attend could go.

The game wasnt the best, the result wasnt the best, but we were there on the pitch which is alot more than I had hoped for on quite a few occasions during the last 18 months.

I wish all the people moaning on here would just take stock of the above. Yes things are not perfect but it could have been a whole lot worse. We really should all count our lucky stars that we
    1. Have a club to watch 
    2. Be still here ourselves to be able to do so.