Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

How good was it...

2»

Comments

• Options
    AndyG said:
    I think the below sums it all up following the last 18 months.

Sold for £1.00 to a bunch of conmen, some of whom proceeded to rape the club of its sparse coffers.
    Passed onto another bunch of chancers who again did their best to finish the club
    Just when we were thinking we would need to form a new club and we would be playing lower league this season. Out of nowhere pops up on Twitter a bloke from America saying he wants to buy the club.
    After so much turmoil and legal wranglings TS won the day in court.
    From the deepest depths somehow we had a club that would still exist.
    Covid 19 arrives and basically stops the world in it's tracks.
    The matches continued but none of us were allowed to attend.
    Hopefully the vaccine will win and crowds can get back to the ground
    On Saturday the day arrived and anyone who wanted to attend could go.

The game wasnt the best, the result wasnt the best, but we were there on the pitch which is alot more than I had hoped for on quite a few occasions during the last 18 months.

I wish all the people moaning on here would just take stock of the above. Yes things are not perfect but it could have been a whole lot worse. We really should all count our lucky stars that we
    1. Have a club to watch 
    2. Be still here ourselves to be able to do so.
    Do one with your positive outlook you happy clappy so and so, you can’t be a Charlton fan! 
  • Options
    Loved being back at the Valley, taking a big risk to my health.
    Highlight for me - shaking Thomas hand and wishing him well before the game.
    Match almost irrelevant to just being there, it was just very emotional.
    The game- well a hard fought match and a deserved point.