Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Name the 1970s players on this silk scarf

2»

Comments

• Options
    Mike Franklin was first choice keeper that year till he let in a cross versus Plymouth. Got dropped and never played again I think.
  • Options
    The one above Keith Peacock is definitely BobCurtis not Alan Campbell
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    RedChaser said:
    Bellotti had to be the shortest keeper I’ve seen. Wasn’t he about 5’9”?
    Les Green former Derby County keeper has that honour for me who was only 5’8” apparently 😉.
    I give you Steve Death of Reading. 5'7.  537 first team appearances including 156 consecutive games. In the 1978-79 season Death went 1,074 minutes without conceding a goal, an English league record that stood for over 30 years until broken by Edwin van der Sar in 2009.

• Options
    RedChaser said:
    Les Green former Derby County keeper has that honour for me who was only 5’8” apparently 😉.
    I give you Steve Death of Reading. 5'7.  537 first team appearances including 156 consecutive games. In the 1978-79 season Death went 1,074 minutes without conceding a goal, an English league record that stood for over 30 years until broken by Edwin van der Sar in 2009.

That's some record. A few ex Charlton players in that line up. Plus the wonderfully named Wayne Wanklyn
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

Yeah but that was in June.

• Options
    A small keeper in that pic!
  • Options
    Red Robin said:
    The one above Keith Peacock is definitely BobCurtis not Alan Campbell
    I'm sorry, but Bob Curtis is not on that scarf.

The crumpled face above the last picture is Peter Reeves ... definitely.
  • Options
    One silk scarf tied to each wrist was de rigueur.