Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlie Kirk (p67 - released by Crewe)

Comments

• Options
    edited January 2022
    You've got to think that Kirk's failure will scare off TS from speculating again any time soon. A double negative for us going forward.
  • Options
    Not enough aggression for me in any of his play. Also never seen him kick the ball more than 20 metres. Good luck to him getting a move back up North and in the Championship.
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Very surprised we’ve included the option to make the deal permanent. If he does well at Blackpool surely we’ll want him back, and if he doesn’t they won’t want him anyway?
    I think it's a deal that works well for Blackpool. If he does well then they won't want to be competing against other teams to make him permanent so they'll have first refusal, and that works for us too to encourage them to complete the deal. If he doesn't do well then no-one's buying him anyway and we're stuck regardless. I don't think there's any way back for Kirk now, and I don't think we've ever seen a pplayer for Charlton come back from being in this sort of situation
  • Options
    A dud for us, maybe he'll go on and do well for Blackpool but it wasn't happening here with us good move for all parties 
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Very surprised we’ve included the option to make the deal permanent. If he does well at Blackpool surely we’ll want him back, and if he doesn’t they won’t want him anyway?
    I think it's a deal that works well for Blackpool. If he does well then they won't want to be competing against other teams to make him permanent so they'll have first refusal, and that works for us too to encourage them to complete the deal. If he doesn't do well then no-one's buying him anyway and we're stuck regardless. I don't think there's any way back for Kirk now, and I don't think we've ever seen a pplayer for Charlton come back from being in this sort of situation
    Naby?
  • Options
    aliwibble said:
    se9addick said:
    Naby?
    That's a fair one, though it did take us dropping down a league and he still never really established himself as first choice. We'll always have the memories though
  • Options
    Good move all round, he didn't fit in and didn't settle, so time to move on.
  • Options
    Reminds me of Maddison in a way! 
    There is a good player in there!
    must be our most expensive signing in years ??
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    se9addick said:
    I imagine Blackpool may have insisted on the option to buy?
  • Options
    I want him to be brilliant for Blackpool, brilliant.
    The reason is pretty obvious.
    C’mon Charlie, six goals before the end of the season, and ten assists please.
  • Options
    Not having all this "didn't get a chance" nonsense.

We're talking about a bloke who looked out of his depth against Havant & Waterlooville.
  • Options
    Oh my days!!!

Just cottoned on.  Has he really gone? Devastated, a bonafied legend, a great miss.  This season cannot get worse!

(Brought to you by The Institute of Terminal Sarcasm, or TITS for short)
  • Options
    Imagine having a manager who brings players in to fit his system of playing......instead of just signing players & then trying to shoehorn them into your team. 

One day Rodders, one day.....
    Rodders has gone, Golfie!
  • Options
    Belv said:

We're talking about a bloke who looked out of his depth against Havant & Waterlooville.
    Finally, someone saying it how it is.
  • Options
    Belv said:

Wasn't  that the game where he went outside  the full back and put in a peach of a centre for an assist. The only time he did that in 5 months. 
    Possibly, I'd nodded off by then.

Further backs the point then doesn't it? Done it once in 5 months against a side 3 divisions below.
  • Options
    If the aim is he comes back a better player why have they got an option to buy? 
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    we all know, or at least have a nasty feeling, that he'll be a big success at Blackpool
    Bet he isn’t. 

I know that he never got much of a chance with us (and I hate writing players off after so few games) but, even in that short space of time he did so little of impact that I can’t see him succeeding elsewhere. 

Most of his success has been in League two and it is worth watching his You Tube reel to note how terrible the defending is for a lot of his big moments. A not very pacy one footed winger who constantly looks to cut inside is going to be found out pretty quickly in the Championship.

Happy to be proven wrong but I suspect he’ll back with us and being talked up again next pre-season.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Belv said:

Wasn't  that the game where he went outside  the full back and put in a peach of a centre for an assist. The only time he did that in 5 months. 
    He got under 6 out of 10 in the stat bank for that match, against a pub team. 
  • Options
    They've done just that with Owen Dale
  • Options
    Charlie Kirk's missus seemingly endorsing this comment
  • Options
    we all know, or at least have a nasty feeling, that he'll be a big success at Blackpool
    Hope he is, as more likely to command a fee from Blackpool as opposed to from Charlton 👍
  • Options
    Best rid. Poor player and he’s one of them happy up north guys 
  • Options
    Good news for all concerned .  It’s not worked out - I suspect nobody’s fault .  These things happen