Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlie Kirk (p67 - released by Crewe)

Comments

• Options
    What happened with us happened. I hope the goal gives him some confidence going forward. Can’t imagine he’ll be at Crewe next year either way. 
  • Options
    A lot of fuss about nothing. 
    You or I would be over 50% to score. 
  • Options
    If they go up, you know he’ll score a screamer against us next season.
    Let's face it, everyone else does. Our defence routinely performs the biblical reinactment "Moses and the parting of the Red Sea".
  • Options
    Shows the small margins in football.

Been crap for them too by all accounts, but scores a penalty and he's going to Wembley and is taking videos of the crowd chanting his name.

Pot luck really, keeper goes the right way instead and he'd be their panto villain.
    According to some on here every penalty scored is brilliant and every one saved must have been dreadful.
  • Options
    His career needs resurrecting, just like his hairline  
  • Options
    I would think he goes National league now, or maybe a team like tranmere that’s fairly local? Either way hope he can get back on track 
  • Options
    I would think he goes National league now, or maybe a team like tranmere that’s fairly local? Either way hope he can get back on track 

Grimsby under David Artell wouldn't be a bad shout either. But I think this might be his last shot at staying in the EFL. 
  • Options
    Amazing how many of our players from that era went to lower division clubs.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    A massive downturn in his career, seeing that he earned his "big move" to Charlton based on his performances for Crewe - he played over 200 games for them first time round  - and now even they don't want him.
  • Options
    With the total lack of effort he puts into playing football I think he has fallen out of love with the game.
    I expect him to have a complete change of career. 
    For his sake I hope he can find something he enjoys. 
    Doubt it.

He'll get another contract from a League 2 side and still earn more money than he would outside of football.

Think he's on a downward trend though, which at 26 isn't good.
  • Options
    With the total lack of effort he puts into playing football I think he has fallen out of love with the game.
    I remember reading him saying he loves the summer because it means he gets to work with his wife in her shop. Obviously I doubt he will retrain in hair and beauty but if they have a couple of shops, he could manage them
  • Options
    He will get another L2 gig if he wants one and if he shows the same lack of application will drop to non league or out of the game next season.
    I can't believe we paid £500K for him, it was a really poor signing.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I'd imagine the loss of his dad has had a big impact on his career, dad's and sons football in the park and all that, probably doesn't feel the same anymore. That's why, regardless of how utterly wank for us he was I can't jump on the Kirk hate, the guys clearly had a big falling out with the game that's coincided with that.

This is exactly where I'm at with it all. I just can't really criticise him if he's completely fallen out of love with the game as a consequence. Moving back to Crewe I completely understood as a decision to see if it would help him reignite things. 
  • Options
    We wasted his taĺents by playing him out wide.

Would be an ideal replacement for Dobson in a defensive midfield role.
    Bollocks. Should have moved into the back four when Innis left, another missed opportunity.

:-)
  • Options

Bollocks. Should have moved into the back four when Innis left, another missed opportunity.

Now you're being silly.

Kirk isn't tall enough for centre half
  • Options
    Gribbo said:
    Steven81 said:

Wtf
    Kirk had "midfield general" written all over him, anyone, with any ounce of football knowledge, could see that.
    That’s pushing it @Gribbo…he’d maybe make a decent Captain somewhere.  Maybe not in the football frontier though 😉
  • Options
    TelMc32 said:
    Gribbo said:
    Steven81 said:

Wtf
    Kirk had "midfield general" written all over him, anyone, with any ounce of football knowledge, could see that.
    That’s pushing it @Gribbo…he’d maybe make a decent Captain somewhere.  Maybe not in the football frontier though 😉
    I literally groaned at this
  • Options
    The way he laid on the floor Vs Cray Valley while the game carried on around him suggested he fancies himself as a keeper.
  • Options
    The way he laid on the floor Vs Cray Valley while the game carried on around him suggested he fancies himself as a sleeper.

• Options
    Weird his best games for us were upfront under Garner.
  • Options
    Weird his best games for us were upfront under Garner.
    The rate he moved at it always looked like he was carrying someone