Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlie Kirk (p67 - released by Crewe)

1626364656668»

Comments

• Options
    Billy_Mix said:
    Weird his best games for us were upfront under Garner.
    The rate he moved at it always looked like he was carrying someone
    People say that about me.
    But at 69 years of age and nearly 18 stone it's probably true 
    😢😢
  • Options
    Billy_Mix said:
    Weird his best games for us were upfront under Garner.
    The rate he moved at it always looked like he was carrying someone
    People say that about me.
    But at 69 years of age and nearly 18 stone it's probably true 
    😢😢
    All muscle though Rambo B)
  • Options
    Could do a j...

I'll get me coat.
  • Options
    How often do we call for old players to return and they don’t!? I bet this will be the one we don’t want but he turns up as a new signing to to surprise us!
  • Options
    edited May 23
    With the total lack of effort he puts into playing football I think he has fallen out of love with the game.
    I expect him to have a complete change of career. 
    For his sake I hope he can find something he enjoys. 
    With the total lack of effort he puts into playing football I think he has fallen out of love with the game.
    I remember reading him saying he loves the summer because it means he gets to work with his wife in her shop. Obviously I doubt he will retrain in hair and beauty but if they have a couple of shops, he could manage them
    Anyone who allows him anywhere near their hair needs to take a fucking good look at themself.🫨 
  • Options
    Yes he was rubbish but he has moved on and so should we hopefully it works out for the lad.
  • Options
    I’ve heard he’s been signed by Bromley tip
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I remember reading him saying he loves the summer because it means he gets to work with his wife in her shop. Obviously I doubt he will retrain in hair and beauty but if they have a couple of shops, he could manage them
    Anyone who allows him anywhere near their hair needs to take a fucking good look at themself.🫨 

Charlie's partner is a hairdresser and I would be surprised if she wasn't behind the kirk cut !
  • Options
    There have been a number of players we signed like Kirk that have come with promise and fail to deliver. We also spent money on him was it 500,000? Losing his dad when he did clearly affected the poor bloke. I wish him all the best but he didn’t work out for us.
    Promise? Can't believe we signed him, let alone paid a fee...
  • Options
    Swisdom said:
    He was a decent signing at the time a he was playing so well.

Unfortunately the death of his father really affected him I think and to go from being a big fish in a small pond to a squad player with a lot of hype, in an area he was completely unfamiliar with was all just too much.  Throw in the turmoil at the club and you have a perfect storm.

No idea what happens next in fairness - he won't last 5 minutes in the national league before getting snapped in half by some clogger.  Best bet is somewhere like Notts County in L2 where he'll be surrounded by tip-tap Charlie's.  Failing that somewhere like Gateshead with the way they play

I think it was too much too young for him coming to us.  Literally a small town boy living in a lonely world
    When he could be having fun.
  • Options
    Redhenry said:
    There have been a number of players we signed like Kirk that have come with promise and fail to deliver. We also spent money on him was it 500,000? Losing his dad when he did clearly affected the poor bloke. I wish him all the best but he didn’t work out for us.
    Promise? Can't believe we signed him, let alone paid a fee...
    Is that what you thought when we signed him? Can't see you having expressed doubts about him then. It's easy to say that with the benefit of hindsight.
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

Unfortunately the death of his father really affected him I think and to go from being a big fish in a small pond to a squad player with a lot of hype, in an area he was completely unfamiliar with was all just too much.  Throw in the turmoil at the club and you have a perfect storm.

No idea what happens next in fairness - he won't last 5 minutes in the national league before getting snapped in half by some clogger.  Best bet is somewhere like Notts County in L2 where he'll be surrounded by tip-tap Charlie's.  Failing that somewhere like Gateshead with the way they play

I think it was too much too young for him coming to us.  Literally a small town boy living in a lonely world
    These are all valid points but don't explain why he was terrible when he went back to Crewe?

Back in familiar surroundings at a club he knew well, probably has a lot of mates on and off the pitch, you'd expect him to be more comfortable and perform well. Yet he was actually probably even worse for them than he was for us.
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

These are all valid points but don't explain why he was terrible when he went back to Crewe?

Back in familiar surroundings at a club he knew well, probably has a lot of mates on and off the pitch, you'd expect him to be more comfortable and perform well. Yet he was actually probably even worse for them than he was for us.
    If the rest of his career is not a success it poo poos the comments about his outside problems affecting things on the pitch at Charlton.
    Perhaps he thought he made it by signing a much improved contract and his attitude changed.