Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlie Kirk (p67 - released by Crewe)

Comments

• Options
    I don't feel like he particularly wants to come back. 

He'll go in the summer for a lot less than we bought him for. 
    Same price we paid Crewe was part of the loan deal 
  • Options
    The Kirk to Charlton transfer happened at the wrong time,he had lost his father,and then to ask a young lad to uproot and live 200 miles away with a bunch of strangers ,no family around him,was completely wrong,and it showed in his play.I think there is a good player there,if he does come back to us under more settled circumstances,he could prove a lot of people wrong.
    It happened at the wrong time insofar as Adkins got the boot shortly after and Jackson is stuck on playing wing backs. Of all our wingers, he looked the least likely to offer much defensively shortly followed by Leko, DJ and CBT, none of whom are particularly great at it either.

If we played with traditional wingers, he may have done better (although I’m not convinced) but, whilst JJ is manager he won’t be playing and I can see him being moved on back up north in the summer.

To think of the excitement when he did join! Very disappointing and very much in keeping with the season as a whole…..
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    That's DJ slander! He's a very accomplished defender nowadays. He's even concentrating on it so much he doesn't really attack any more 
    Agreed- he’s a better defender than Matthews 
  • Options
    Blackpool if indeed they do want to sign Kirk will be looking for cut price transaction.

What Jackson has said is the only thing you can say to counter, we will use him rather than take a silly offer. 

It also hands out an olive branch to the player if no one is willing to meet our valuation. In reality he probably doesn't want to come back and neither does JJ want him and could do with money coming back in to the budget. 
  • Options
    Was at their game yesterday, i'm confident they won't sign him. 
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:
    Was at their game yesterday, i'm confident they won't sign him. 
    Not what their own fan said above
  • Options
    Blackpool if indeed they do want to sign Kirk will be looking for cut price transaction.

What Jackson has said is the only thing you can say to counter, we will use him rather than take a silly offer. 

It also hands out an olive branch to the player if no one is willing to meet our valuation. In reality he probably doesn't want to come back and neither does JJ want him and could do with money coming back in to the budget. 
    My understanding is that the option to buy is set at £500k.
  • Options
    Redrobo said:

Yeah it was set at the same amount we paid for him I think (?). That being said, doesn’t mean Blackpool can’t attempt to renegotiate the transfer fee.
  • Options
    Isn't that what they did with Owen Dale in Jan? Went back to Crewe briefly whilst Blackpool renegotiated the price?

Personally would kind of like to see Kirk get another chance but if we're only ever going to play 352 , I'd expect a deal to be struck with someone. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Redrobo said:

So was the option to buy of a Crew player they took on loan but they tried to get him cheaper at the end of it.
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Redrobo said:

Yeah it was set at the same amount we paid for him I think (?). That being said, doesn’t mean Blackpool can’t attempt to renegotiate the transfer fee.
    MarcusH26 said:
    Isn't that what they did with Owen Dale in Jan? Went back to Crewe briefly whilst Blackpool renegotiated the price?

Personally would kind of like to see Kirk get another chance but if we're only ever going to play 352 , I'd expect a deal to be struck with someone. 
    Sorry posted previously before reading to the end but exactly these comments.
  • Options
    Some Managers pick the best available players that suit a particular system. Other Managers pick a system that suits the best available players. The ones that have the ability to do the latter and get the best out of them in doing so will always be better Managers and have more success in the long term in my opinion. 
  • Options
    Personally, I wouldn’t like to see Kirk wearing our shirt again.
    Personally, I think you will get your wish…
  • Options
    Sent him back to us so they can re negotiate buying him for a cheaper price. 

https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/blackpool-still-interested-in-summer-deal-for-charlton-athletic-winger/
  • Options

https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/blackpool-still-interested-in-summer-deal-for-charlton-athletic-winger/
    Im shocked
  • Options
    That's the consensus our end. Expecting Josh Bowler to go to Bournemouth for around £5m and then we'll move for Kirk. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    That's the consensus our end. Expecting Josh Bowler to go to Bournemouth for around £5m and then we'll move for Kirk. 
    Where are you going to get the other £5m from?  ;)
    They've got staff on the Blackpool Promenade as we speak, desperately trying to win pennies from the arcades ;)
  • Options

Crewe took our pants down in spectacular fashion on CK
    Expectations of getting a significant 6 figure fee for that one-paced lightweight are cloud cuckoo land.

Our experience with DJ and CK suggests there's quite the gulf between midtable 4th and midtable 3rd division quality 
  • Options
    I thought Kirk looked as if he fitted into the Blackpool side nicely 8at a higher level than ours). While he had a miserable time with us, our 3-5-2 meant he was basically locked out of the team, but a new manager may feel there is a useful player there in a different formation. 
    Of course, he may feel the whole 'down south/Charleto experience was enough, but personally, I's like to see if we can get a performance out of him before writing off. Blackpool seemed to be able to do so.
  • Options
    Billy_Mix said:

Expectations of getting a significant 6 figure fee for that one-paced lightweight are cloud cuckoo land.

Our experience with DJ and CK suggests there's quite the gulf between midtable 4th and midtable 3rd division quality 
    He was never rubbish for an us, he just wasn't good either. And yet a Championship club is interesting in buying him so clearly we didn't see his best. 
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    Billy_Mix said:

He was never rubbish for an us, he just wasn't good either. And yet a Championship club is interesting in buying him so clearly we didn't see his best. 

Before the Ipswich away game when Gilbey won the award for the crappiest individual performance of the season, Charlie Kirk had the lowest average score from a game where we tried to play him more central in the 8 role which should've been ok for him unless he is a one trick pony who can only play on the left with an attacking full back or Wing backs who overlaps then Charlie either passes to the speedy wing back or else cuts inside on to his right foot.
    Please tell me there's more to Charlie's game than that ? Doesn't seem to have much pace and can he tackle ? 

Kirk, Fraser and JFC are all one pace, slowish, so where are the legs coming from in midfield. Morgan and Gilbey have good stat for movement but both have other weaknesses. Dobson will in his career turn into a Central midfielder in my opinion after seeing him burst forward against Morecambe at home second half and a good goal in the away game recently at Donny. 
  • Options
    Nice! We’ll take £1m for Kirk please.
  • Options
    Think we put the price we paid on it. £500k.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Think we put the price we paid on it. £500k.
    They haven't taken the option.  It's off the table.
  • Options
    Billy_Mix said:

But both were playing well in the 3rd, not the 4th, division? 
  • Options
    Did I see a picture of Kirk wearing a syrup recently?