Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread: Oxford v Charlton | 14th Aug 2021

Comments

• Options

82. More terrific play from United as Taylor plays the ball across goal for Holland but Charlton clear their lines. Moments later, there are claims for a penalty as Holland goes down in the area. Nothing given. #OUFC 2-1 #CAFC
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    Honestly it's like watching us last season and that is the most disappointing thing. I'm actually bored. The football is shite.
    It is basically last season’s team minus Millar who, for all people moaned about him, was the one who’s pace and dribbling gave us all our spark last season. Clare and Dobson so far have added nothing that Watson and Pratley didn’t have other than being younger. 
    Thankfully we now have Kirk to take Millar's role......and hopefully a better replacement. 

Sadly that's where the upgrades end. The midfield duo brought in aren't any better than Shinnie and we havent replaced Aneke.

Last season we managed 7th. Can't see how we are going to improve on that.
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    We look all over the place. I know it’s only been two games but Sean Clare looks a really poor player 
  • Options
    Clare…
  • Options
    84. Brannagan is fouled in United's half and the U's win a freekick #OUFC 2-1 #CAFC
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    Honestly it's like watching us last season and that is the most disappointing thing. I'm actually bored. The football is shite.
    It is basically last season’s team minus Millar who, for all people moaned about him, was the one who’s pace and dribbling gave us all our spark last season. Clare and Dobson so far have added nothing that Watson and Pratley didn’t have other than being younger. 
    Aneke, Miller, Maatsen, JFC, Gilbey, that's actually quite a chunk of our goalscoring threat or creativity, especially when we also had Shinnie on the bench for creativity
  • Options
    Surely having Kirk on the bench at least was an option? You don’t need any training session to appreciate we need a goal and how to go about it?
    after all, the starting eleven have had several but you wouldn’t know it!
  • Options
    We look all over the place. I know it’s only been two games but Sean Clare looks a really poor player 
    I thought he looked very promising in the second half against Wednesday 
  • Options
    This is dreadful. Our midfield might as well not be playing. 
    We're just lumping it over the top, now the negative lot will say it's because their teammates don't want to pass to them. 

The positive lot will say it's why they seem anonymous.

The truth is likely in-between. We're being dominated in midfield and we need to get the ball to the forwards 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2021
    Phil said:
    Surely having Kirk on the bench at least was an option? You don’t need any training session to appreciate we need a goal and how to go about it?
    His dad died.
  • Options

86' Inniss sends a looping header just over from Morgan's corner. #oufc 2 #cafc 1
  • Options
    Phil said:
    Unless he's on compassionate leave... 
  • Options
    Jephcott scores
  • Options
    Jephcott scored.
  • Options
    Again, no one forward from this set piece
  • Options
    87' Taylor goes down easily under pressure from Famewo. The Addicks defender is booked. #oufc 2 #cafc 1
  • Options
    Anyone that thinks we are going up has been sold a dream. 
  • Options
    I’m typically not this type of supporter but it would not surprise me if Adkins doesn’t last the season. 
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    Third game in a row we don't look like scoring from open play
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Chunes said:
    Phil said:
    His dad died.
    Supposedly he said he wanted to play today in any case.
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    Jephcott scores
    Oh great! Now we’ve got to read 500 posts on the rumours thread this week about why haven’t we signed him! 
  • Options
    We need to rebuild from what we have now, the rebuild hasn't started yet. So many weak links. 
  • Options
    Jephcott scored.
    Great 2-2, oh not our player!!!, who gives a fuck!!!
  • Options
    I’m typically not this type of supporter but it would not surprise me if Adkins doesn’t last the season. 
    I would... Sandgaard sounds the stubborn type when it comes to Management, dont think he was ever getting rid of Bowyer like the fans wanted until Birmingham came in
  • Options

87. Deep cross from Henry which McNally lopps back towards goal. Holland makes a good run into the area and tries to pull the ball back but it's cleared for a corner #OUFC 2-1 #CAFC
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    Phil said:
    His dad died.
    Supposedly he said he wanted to play today in any case.
     Sure he did. I'd say that too if I was giving him the game off for compassionate purposes.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Just to stick it in there, but all the comments about Albie being so involved and seeing a lot of the ball in our good play etc. Like he's a one man show, but, isn't that the point though? Like, thats his positions remit?

He's supposed to be our 10 and main creative force of course he's gonna be involved in it, doesn't mean he's any good at it though.

And before I get hung by the CL positivity inquisition, I like the lad and think he'll come good, but saying "he's getting involved" like it's something magical when it's his one job.. ya, I dunno.
    It's the whole teams job to yet involved.

Of course, but like with the Washington/ DJ comment you just said about why only one seems to be attacking, maybe thsts down to coaching instructions,  "wash be more advanced, weaker down that side, DJ hold more for balance" "give the ball to Morgan to make things happen" etc? 

Much like a winger, Morgan will blow hot and cold as a creative player, he's still had a pretty stop start career so far, measured opinions an 'all. 

Think he'll look s lot better when Gilbey is back and we can manage his game time more personally.
    So we're waiting for the end of August to bring in some premier/championship youngsters who will more likely be Smith/Levitt quality rather than a Gallagher / Cullen.

We're also waiting for Gilbey so we can put Morgan on the bench. Gilbey could be out for months. Although he is back training (I think), we don't know what effect Covid has had on him & how long it will be before he can take part in a game.

I think this will be a long hard season.

Hope not, I'm very much in the "sign a creative CM/AM camp.

Considering Watson isn't supposed to even be on the bench (like Pearce) see the midfield trio as

Dobson
    Gilbey
    Other

Clare, Morgan bench.
    Me too, I wonder if Sandgaard agrees ?
  • Options

89' Taylor booked for preventing MacGillivray kicking away. #oufc 2 #cafc 1
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!