Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Canada Addicks

2»

Comments

• Options
    Hey Albertan Addick - Unfortunately Setanta Canada has decided to cover the Premier League games at 5 O'clock instead of the Championship games - However you can get them on broadband ITVN Setanta - Not exactly Match of the Day these days.

I'm hoping for the chinese to sort it out as well
  • Options
    hey Vancouver - sorry didn't make it over to your neck of the woods this week, i have put it back until next Tue/Wed

Albertan - I am in Calgary 3 days a week, even spending Friday nite there as we are going to see Wilco at the Jubilee....I like Calgary
  • Options
    Hi Guys! I live in tropical Prince George in Northern BC. Been here for 2 years now. Is good to see so many addicks over here!
  • Options
    How have all of you who have moved from the UK found the lifestyle change etc?
  • Options
    I go to calgary/bannf every 2 years and would move there tomorrow its the best place nicest people and beautifull seanary anyone could wish to see. Im jealous guys.
  • Options
    I've received a couple of notes about there being a supporter's group here in Hamilton. Does anyone have any information about how I might find it?
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Hi Can-addick - Bob Miller runs the Hamilton Supporters Club. It appears very active and I believe may have as many as 10 members. This is his email address:
    rmiller [remove this] 215@cogeco.ca

*Edited by LoOkOuT, we don't want to inadvertently attract Spammers to that account ;-)
  • Options
    Any of you Canada Addicks living in Toronto?
  • Options
    Hi Canadians - Do any of you lot live in Spain as it would be great to all meet up for one of the Anglo Italian matches ;o)
  • Options
    Thanks Look Out.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    How are my fellow Canada Addicks doing? Gnashing teeth at the lack of media coverage no doubt - it all seems a bit disconnected at the moment.

I'm in Victoria tonight on Vancouver Island - a most beautiful place, anyone been here?
  • Options
    Alright Oakster, I've never been to Victoria but I've heard it's a great place, according to many the most "english" place in North America.

I'm pissed off with the coverage to be honest and will be doing what Jimmy Melrose does in future calling home to get the radio on the phone - what a farce.

Of course I want us to go up next year, for personal reasons it is far easier to follow Charlton in the premier especially now we have Setanta here showing 6 games at the weekends but after speaking to some of my mates about saturday it makes me eager to get back fin October for a couple of games in the championship. It's a real toss up for a fan I think - Exciting top of the league stuff in the champs or mediocre mid-bottom of the table stuff in the prem. I'll take prem just so I can watch it on telly.

Anyway Oakster I passed through Canmore at the weekend and would have given you a shout but over 5 days we drove 3000kms so didn't really have the time - Next time you in Vancouver give me a shout.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: vancouveraddick[/cite]
    I'm pissed off with the coverage to be honest and will be doing what Jimmy Melrose does in future calling home to get the radio on the phone - what a farce.

VA will you use an internet phone or the normal telephone system?
  • Options
    normal telephone system - I get loads of free international minutes on my home phone so it makes sense. I could use Skype or something like that but I'm pretty sure it'll slow down my viewing of Charlton life & other sites while the game is on.
  • Options
    Fair enough. It was a just a thought.
  • Options
    I've just come back from 4 days kayaking desolation sound... highly recommend it.

Haven't made it over to Victoria yet, thinking of going over there in December for a long weekend... heard that's a good time to go.
  • Options
    Any Vancouver-based Addicks around for the League Cup tie on Tuesday?