Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Gillingham away tickets (ed Brian Moore row S & T are being moved p10)

Comments

• Options
    Off topic for this thread, but a great explanation on the importance of the blackout here:

• Options
    Croydon said:
    Croydon said:
    £10 Valley Pass is my preferred option. 
    And this is why the 3pm blackout must stay in place. 
    Torn on this. 

I do believe football has a to evolve alongside technology but I also understand the risk that could impose on lower league clubs.

I’m glad I’m not the one making the decision. 
    It would be the death of the football pyramid.

The amount of adults wetting themselves that they can't see Ronaldo play live this weekend is pathetic. Go and support your local club In person. 
    People dont care though Croydon , as long as they can watch the game.
    I'm guilty of that
    Mk Don's was thinking of going and the boy said about going.
    In the end I said I cant be bothered rushing about getting home a 1am or sitting in traffic on the M25.
    Watched the game indoors for a tenner and saved a load of money.
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    Croydon said:
    Croydon said:
    Torn on this. 

I do believe football has a to evolve alongside technology but I also understand the risk that could impose on lower league clubs.

The amount of adults wetting themselves that they can't see Ronaldo play live this weekend is pathetic. Go and support your local club In person. 
    I'm guilty of that
    In the end I said I cant be bothered rushing about getting home a 1am or sitting in traffic on the M25.
    It's not just the cost of the match ticket, it's all the added cost, time, and inconvenience involved in getting to the venue in the first place. Or, if it's a local derby, the aggro from being herded around by the Police so that rival fans can be kept apart from macho posturing at each other...
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    Croydon said:
    Croydon said:
    Torn on this. 

I'm guilty of that
    It's not just the cost of the match ticket, it's all the added cost, time, and inconvenience involved in getting to the venue in the first place. Or, if it's a local derby, the aggro from being herded around by the Police so that rival fans can be kept apart from macho posturing at each other...
    Was just about to post the exact same thing.

Being kept back by the police for 10/15/20 mins when the away fans have further to travel to get home. In no other pastime recreation or hobby does the paying public get told they can not go home when they want to. Whatever happened to civil liberties ?

Then when you are on your way the highways agency think that 10pm is soooooo late thay nobody can be up at that ungodly hour and so will shut roads or reduce a 4 lane motorway to a single lane for miles & miles. 

Service stations also decide that 10pm is time for bed so many of the shops or eateries will close, meaning that the only thing you can buy if you are hungry is a £5 sandwich from WH Smith's. 
  • Options
    320 tickets remaining.
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    Croydon said:
    Croydon said:
    Torn on this. 

I'm guilty of that
    Isn't it possible that the possibility to watch all your teams away games would make you become more "involved" and maybe attend just as many games overall.

I will remember the Covid season because I actually saw all Charlton's league games. (I've only ever done that once before). It seems odd that I am going to miss some games this year. Like starting Call of Duty knowing that you will not be able to see episodes 4 and 7.

I believe the premier league will quite soon play only outside the Saturday slot and show all the games live. Kids will be able to pick a premier league team and watch the "complete season". When this happens the rest of football will have to be ready to follow quickly.
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    Croydon said:
    Croydon said:
    Torn on this. 

I'm guilty of that
    Think the M25 was shut J29 - 30 that night as well. I come off at 29 so missed it. 
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    Croydon said:
    Croydon said:
    Torn on this. 

I'm guilty of that
    Isn't it possible that the possibility to watch all your teams away games would make you become more "involved" and maybe attend just as many games overall.

I will remember the Covid season because I actually saw all Charlton's league games. (I've only ever done that once before). It seems odd that I am going to miss some games this year. Like starting Call of Duty knowing that you will not be able to see episodes 4 and 7.

I believe the premier league will quite soon play only outside the Saturday slot and show all the games live. Kids will be able to pick a premier league team and watch the "complete season". When this happens the rest of football will have to be ready to follow quickly.
    I'm not sure I'd ever want to watch every game (physically) live, especially not in L1. I'd be more tempted if we ever get back to the PL, I regret not making the most of the opportunity last time round.

I go to a decent number of away games, but am more attracted by new grounds or days/weekends out, where you can enjoy yourself even if the football isn't great. The Hull aquarium was a lot more enjoyable than the 6-0 defeat  :D
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    This is a game closer to a lot of us than playing at home, can get a taxi there for a tenner. Last few games there have not wound me up but definitely made me roll my eyes at some of our support who play right up because its a safe place to do it. The smashing up of the bogs, the grief given to stewards and police on the way in and out and then the stupid posturing across a road at Gillingham fans. 

Don't care about the state of the away stand, Pompey used to be worse, they let people smoke out the back bit so the bogs remain clear of cancerous fog at least. Its possibly the easiest away game for anyone, 10 minutes slow walk from the station, close by, on the same railway line even as Charlton. 

Gillingham also have one of the best snooker table pitches outside the Premier league. 
  • Options
    clive said:
    clb74 said:
    Croydon said:
    Croydon said:
    Torn on this. 

I'm guilty of that

Being kept back by the police for 10/15/20 mins when the away fans have further to travel to get home. In no other pastime recreation or hobby does the paying public get told they can not go home when they want to. Whatever happened to civil liberties ?

Then when you are on your way the highways agency think that 10pm is soooooo late thay nobody can be up at that ungodly hour and so will shut roads or reduce a 4 lane motorway to a single lane for miles & miles. 

Service stations also decide that 10pm is time for bed so many of the shops or eateries will close, meaning that the only thing you can buy if you are hungry is a £5 sandwich from WH Smith's. 
    How many away games a season do you normally attend?
    Only a handful of times in the last ten years have Charlton supporters been kept behind after games & most of these were at Millwall.
    Not many recently due to Covid but last time away at WBA where we grabbed a late 2-2 draw we were kept back for 15-20 mins.
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Been done to death so not going to start another debate on this here but if you think people aren't already streaming the 3 o clock kick offs you must still believe in Father Christmas.

But I will just add not everyone who supports Charlton is young and fit like you and lives nearby. Lots of older fans find it difficult to attend these days or have moved far away from the area. It is ludicrous that with the new technology that is available they cannot still watch the games. 
  • Options
    clive said:
    clb74 said:
    Croydon said:
    Croydon said:
    Torn on this. 

I'm guilty of that

Only a handful of times in the last ten years have Charlton supporters been kept behind after games & most of these were at Millwall.
    Not many recently due to Covid but last time away at WBA where we grabbed a late 2-2 draw we were kept back for 15-20 mins.
    I don't remember getting held back ? There was the sending of loads of fans to Marleybone tho', we got an uber to New St ? and a fast train to Euston
  • Options
    273 tickets remaining.
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Been done to death so not going to start another debate on this here but if you think people aren't already streaming the 3 o clock kick offs you must still believe in Father Christmas.

But I will just add not everyone who supports Charlton is young and fit like you and lives nearby. Lots of older fans find it difficult to attend these days or have moved far away from the area. It is ludicrous that with the new technology that is available they cannot still watch the games. 
    On the other hand.
    Fans who cant be bothered to travel to somewhere like Fleetwood away can watch the game for £10.
  • Options
    210 tickets remaining.
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    clive said:
    210 tickets remaining.
    So 2175 sold…the night game enhanced atmosphere should be pretty good with that number 
  • Options
    clive said:
    clb74 said:
    Croydon said:
    Croydon said:
    Torn on this. 

I'm guilty of that

I don't remember getting held back ? There was the sending of loads of fans to Marleybone tho', we got an uber to New St ? and a fast train to Euston
    A lot were who needed to exit a certain gate as our cars were parked just behind it.

Anyway, you've answered my question. What other walk of life would you be told you cant get your rightful train home & should go by another route just because. No problem on the train or track was there. 
  • Options
    clive said:
    clb74 said:
    Croydon said:
    Croydon said:
    Torn on this. 

I'm guilty of that

A lot were who needed to exit a certain gate as our cars were parked just behind it.

Anyway, you've answered my question. What other walk of life would you be told you cant get your rightful train home & should go by another route just because. No problem on the train or track was there. 
    Oh, - didn't realise that.

Agreed.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Croydon said:

Read that twitter thread I shared, it covers the streaming. 
  • Options

clive said:
    210 tickets remaining.
    So 2175 sold…the night game enhanced atmosphere should be pretty good with that number 
    Hard to create any atmosphere without a roof. Even with large numbers there we always seem a bit flat in the away end
  • Options
    clive said:
    clb74 said:
    Croydon said:
    Croydon said:
    Torn on this. 

I'm guilty of that

Once in how long?
    How many times in 50 away games have you been kept in? Millllllll aside.
  • Options
    165 seats remaining. 
  • Options
    165 seats remaining. 
    @DaveMehmet has just bought his so it’s down to 155 now. 
  • Options
    170 left now 
  • Options
    Croydon said:

clive said:
    210 tickets remaining.
    Hard to create any atmosphere without a roof. Even with large numbers there we always seem a bit flat in the away end
    Not when the 'erberts at the back wreck the temporary lights and everyone is stomping up & down on the temporary stand to try to bring on down. 

Bring it on...
  • Options
    148 tickets remaining.
  • Options
    66 tickets remaining.
  • Options
    4 tickets remaining.