Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread: Charlton v Wigan — 21/8/2021

Comments

• Options
    So bereft of anything in midfield. Kirk looks ok when they get the ball to him but has to keep coming inside to get it. DJ doing well. Lucky to not be at least one down. Need a big improvement second half 
  • Options
    There is no attacking intent in the midfield. Plus they all need 3 touches to control the ball, usually before passing it sideways.

• Options
    AndyG said:
    Put Kirk at 10 and bring the new fella on at halftime
    I would agree with this. I knew our squad was bad on paper but I didn’t realise we were THIS bad.  

Christ Almighty.
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    Our only idea is to get it wide and cross to Stockley. We must be so easy to play against.
    That's an improvement in our only idea is to play it 50 yards forward in a vague direction of Stockley. 
  • Options
    I can't be bothered to say I told you so to Callum, Dazzler etc.

It's boring.

We are shite.

We'll struggle to finish in the top half 

No left back.  No midfield.   

Terrible.  Really terrible.
  • Options
    I'll say it.

These players are not playing for Adkins
    He is literally screaming his head off at them and most seem non plussed.

Is over positivity a thing?
    U think the players have heard enough of the birds singing
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    Poor old pigeon looks like he has picked up an injury. Hobbling around like it only has one foot.
  • Options
    was 2016/17 better than this?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I can see us winning this one. Daylight robbery if we do. Should be losing.....could be by 3 or 4. 
    Just in case, I've got something prepared ...

• Options
    This is shocking. Dobson useless again. Kirk looks good but cuts inside way too much he is making it obvious. Wigan deserve to be leading. Team is at least 5 starters short 
  • Options
    Happy to go in all level. Wigan should be 3 goals ahead. Not even defending set pieces that well. Lack of confidence is clearly apparent. Will gladly take a draw!
  • Options
    To often only Stockley in the box with 6 Wigan players and no Charlton. What do they expect him to do.
    Our players to scared to make a killer forward past so always side ways or back.
  • Options
    AndyG said:
    Put Kirk at 10 and bring the new fella on at halftime
    Was saying that to the missus. 
  • Options
    The way Kirk can control the ball with one touch and find another player with a searing forward pass... It just highlights how shit the rest of our players are.
  • Options
    Albie Morgan playing as a 10 is weird.

Hes not particularly quick. He can’t really drive with the ball. He isn’t physical nor Tall. And to top it all off he hasn’t shown that he can finish.

Surely we’d be better trying to use him as our deep lying playmaker.
  • Options
    1StevieG said:
    Poor old pigeon looks like he has picked up an injury. Hobbling around like it only has one foot.
    But still went through our midfield and defence with ease ...
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    ross1 said:
    Chunes said:
    They could have had 3 or 4. Have we had a shot?
    Three  shots, one on target BBC
    Out of interest how many shots on target have we had this season.
    Sheff We’d was one shot on target
    3 in both the other 2.
    Cheers for that.
    Times are indeed troublesome,and Adkins like the rest of the mangers has been sold down the river.But unlike some he is not a strong swimmer.
  • Options
    I'll say it.

These players are not playing for Adkins
    He is literally screaming his head off at them and most seem non plussed.

Is over positivity a thing?
    U think the players have heard enough of the birds singing
    Has he lost the dressing room?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Our dynamic 3 man midfield looks like 5 now never going to score with stockley on his own up front. Only hope is to score from a set piece. This ain’t going to be an enjoyable season keep playing like this. DJ looks like his freighted to go in there box. 
  • Options
    Laddick01 said:
    Albie Morgan playing as a 10 is weird.

Hes not particularly quick. He can’t really drive with the ball. He isn’t physical nor Tall. And to top it all off he hasn’t shown that he can finish.

Surely we’d be better trying to use him as our deep lying playmaker.
    He is definitely better suited to the deeper role but I guess he is playing the 10 as we have no one else 🤷‍♂️
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    Chunes said:
    They could have had 3 or 4. Have we had a shot?
    Two shots, none on target BBC
    Three shots and one on target (whenever that was), the same as Wigan on BBC.
    But Wigan have had more than one on target. 

Seems like the BBC stats are very incorrect. 
    2 good saves from our supposed dud and they also hit the bar
    I'm texting my son who's not here today. I've sent 3 texts saying "great save from MacGillivray " and an earlier one saying they had hit the bar. 

4 good chances they have had plus a couple where they've got behind us & not produced a shot on target. 

If it was a Boxing match then they have won every round.

And we are the home side. Another 45 mins goes by when we've not had a shot on target. And this is supposed to be our strongest side. Imagine Stockley, Innis & DJ out injured.
  • Options
    Lacking quality basically. We give the ball away far too much. Don't want to dig him out too much but Dobson looks dodgy. Watson in midfield not too bad but he doesn't have the legs to track back. 

DJ needs to stamp his authority on the game. 

If we don't step up second half, I can see is losing 1-0

Fingets crossed I'm wrong. 

Switch to 442 bringing Washington on to partner Stockley??? Worth a try I think.
  • Options
    At the game and it's all a bit...flat. They've hit the bar, and Mac has pulled off 2 great saves.
    We've had periods of possession but done nothing with it to be honest, and sad to say Morgan isn't a 10.
    I'd bring CBT on the left hand side (I believe he can play left or right) push Kirk alongside Stockley, take Morgan off and leave DJ on the right, even give Kirk a free role.
  • Options
    Kirk will atleast look to take someone on and drive forward at the moment the second the ball gets midway up the pitch the 1st thought is to pass back. We need to move the ball forward ffs it isnt hard 
  • Options
    Wigan team back out, Amos got a good reception when he put his stuff in the Civered End goal.
  • Options

A clown with his pants falling down,
    Or the dance that's a dream of romance
    Or the scene where the villain is mean.
    That's entertainment!

The lights on the lady in tights
    Or the bride with the guy by her side
    Or the ball where she gives it her all.
    That's entertainment!

• Options
    Feel sorry for Albie his confidence is shot.
    Reason for Wigan’s goal chances is simply quality of ball into the box. We don’t have any quality dead ball delivery.
  • Options

Here come the Addicks for the second half... 45 to go....COME ON, CHARLTON!
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!