Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

What do you want?!

Have we all after years of Duchatalet become too protest conscious? Want too much?

What I wanted all those years of boycott:

1. Steady, progressive owner. A future. ✔️
2. Get a season ticket ✔️
3. Get back to the Valley ✔️
4.  Hear the red red robin as the team enter and I remember my dad (TBC)
5. That first goal (TBC)
6. That first win (TBC)
7. Attacking home performances (TBC)
8. Stay up at worst (TBC)
9. At least 22 players with more than 1 year left on contracts to take forward to 2022/3 (TBC)
10. Young talent playing two or three seasons before going (TBC)

Hopeful will get all that by next Summer. 

Comments

• I want us to be a boring, stable Championship club, who aim for the playoffs and promotion, but don't break the bank to do so. Effectively what Millwall are at the moment.

I don't think I could ever be happy just surviving in L1.

Agree. I meant season 1 
  • edited August 2021
    Putting a squad together that's an improvement on last season. ✔️
    Avoiding relegation to league 2. ✔️

Too much to ask?
  • Right now, just a bit of clarity. What is actually going on, why is it EXACTLY that business is going so slowly/poorly - not just some vague platitudes about the market, be specific.

If Sandgaard or the club in general just come out and admit that they made a mistake or underestimated the market or whatever it was, or that the operating model isn't working as planned, then that's understandable if unfortunate.

But the attempts to spin current events as being acceptable or "what we expected" need to stop.
  • Very nice of you, glass of merlot would be nice, also a financially stable club with a progressive thinking owner would be great. 
  • Breaded Mushrooms 
  • A new owner that doesn’t end up being yet another false dawn would be nice.
  • Sponsored links:

• The son in law is just cooking up a pork Sunday roast... I expect parsnips!
  • 15 chips. That's all.
  • I want it all
    I want it all
    I want it all
    And I want it now
  • Breaded Garlic Mushrooms 
    FIFY
  • Well as a start I didn’t want us to go backwards from where we were under Roland otherwise what was the point of the protesting? If we protested to get a new owner who takes us into a league one relegation fight / possibly league 2 that’s madness. I can’t see how anyone wanted that.

As such I hoped a new owner would be a marked improvement on Duchatelet and especially ESI.

So for this year - promotion (with play offs an absolute minimum) achieved via a squad of young players on multi year contracts (assumed a team of 6-7 Kirk style signings added to the best of what we had)  supplementing the high standard of loan we even managed to get under RD. 

An overall feeling of enjoying going to the game. Setting the platform for being a solid mid table championship club who can have a hope of a play off run every once in a while (basically like we were when I started going in the early 90s).
  • 1. Steady, progressive owner. A future. - I'll reserve judgment on that for a few more months
    2. Get a season ticket - not for me, see No.1
    3. Get back to the Valley - Nice but there needs to be something to get back for.
    4.  Hear the red red robin as the team enter and I remember my dad (TBC) - couldn't give a toss, never liked it and never heard anyone join in with it.
    5. That first goal (TBC) - first proper shot on target would be start.
    6. That first win (TBC) - see No. 5
    7. Attacking home performances (TBC) - You have to attack to win a game, you also need a manager, tactics and players to be able to do this.
    8. Stay up at worst (TBC) - to me its unbelievable to even think that could be a target for anyone at this club let alone a supporter. But we find ourselves in a position where this could be a possibility. 
    9. At least 22 players with more than 1 year left on contracts to take forward to 2022/3 (TBC) - Modern football, never going to happen.
    10. Young talent playing two or three seasons before going (TBC) - Won't happen while we are kicking around the bottom of tier 3 unless your definition of talent is a tier 3 player then we could see many.

I'd like the owner of the club to also own the ground and training ground. While a third party owns these parts of our club I fear for the long term future of the club.
  • Gribbo said:
    World peace ✌ and a bigger cock 🐓
    The cock is probably more realistic but its nice to have targets in life.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited August 2021
    I want to go back in time to start this whole sorry mess of a season again, but with some bloody cash and direction which  would be helpful eh Thommy old boy, surely we wouldn't cock it up for a second time ...would we B)
  • Margot Robbie wouldn't go amiss
    Had to look her up....can't argue with that.
  • edited August 2021
    MrLargo said:
    15 chips. That's all.
    Doctor, Nurse, fetch the screen this mans become hysterical!
  • Margot Robbie wouldn't go amiss
    Oh yes, she’s a keeper 😉
  • I want to be.......a tree!
  • edited August 2021
    I want to be.......a tree!

I should branch out then, and put out new roots B)
  • a proper cup of coffee, made from a proper coffee pot…
  • I want to be a girlie, just like my dear papa
  • edited August 2021
    I want a goal in open play and a shot on target. 

Trouble is the budget won't allow it .
      You got your wish ..Stockley V MK Dons B)