Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

What do you want?!

2»

Comments

• Options
    thenewbie said:
    Right now, just a bit of clarity. What is actually going on, why is it EXACTLY that business is going so slowly/poorly - not just some vague platitudes about the market, be specific.

If Sandgaard or the club in general just come out and admit that they made a mistake or underestimated the market or whatever it was, or that the operating model isn't working as planned, then that's understandable if unfortunate.

But the attempts to spin current events as being acceptable or "what we expected" need to stop.
    The question I would ask is what can they say that you would both believe and be truthful?

I think it's pretty obvious that some players we wanted have moved to the championship.  Some have even gone to Wigan or Ipswich. 

Some haven't left their original clubs yet because they are asking too high fees.  Not just for us, for everyone. We know Sunderland and Wycombe have made low ball offers for Dale and Tucker, for example.

Most of the fan linked players weren't targets anyway.

Unless someone goes through every name ever mentioned on the rumours thread there will always be the "what about Twine" type questions.

Any statement after the window shuts will be along the lines of

"We moved quickly and got x and y, we waited a bit longer and got z, a player we really wanted, then really pleased we got a and b on deadline day.  There were other deals we were working on but couldn't get them over the line"

I can't see anything they can say that will both be believed nor placate anyone. 

If they say "We thought we could do it on the cheap then realised we couldn't, by then it was too late" or "we completely misread the market and weren't agile enough to change tack" or "we haven't actually got any money to spend" they will cause more issues than they solve. 

• Options
    As well as free away travel, stop signing players that are injured or injury prone I'm sick to death of it now.
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    As well as free away travel, stop signing players that are injured or injury prone I'm sick to death of it now.
    They are the only ones that will join us though. 
  • Options
    clb74 said:

Agreed.
    Ryan Inniss should've been given a one year contract with a one year option if he could prove for once that he doesn't get a muscle injury which had plagued his career.

We are so out of kilter with modern football which is all about fitness and movement.
    Watson had had a good career but why leave yourself open for two years when his legs have gone ?

Pearce shouldn't play in 1st team only the u23 to help the younger players

Young talent playing two or three years at Cafc and hopefully, if not premier class but championship, they stay at Cafc as we return to the second tier.

It feels like the Championship is getting further away not closer.

• Options
    a football manager who knows what he's doing .. that'll do for a start
  • Options
    I'll tell you what I want, what I really, really want, an Aston Martin Vantage in red, but I will settle for a few wins.
  • Options
    15 chips
  • Options
    cafctom said:
    15 chips
    thats more of a dream surely?
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    What's Adkins done for you to have so quickly soured against him? 

Why does he not get a full season when other managers always seem to get that line put out.

Matches 16
    W 6
    D 5
    L 5
    Goals 23:16
    Points 23
    PPM 1.44
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    What's Adkins done to your family for you to have so quickly soured against him? 

Why does he not get a full season when other managers always seem to get that line put out.

Matches 16
    W 6
    D 5
    L 5
    Goals 23:16
    Points 23
    PPM 1.44
    And another thing from me.
    Even if  I can't stand  a manager they should always get a full season