Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

West Stand Block D - Hospitality only next year?

Comments

• Options
    Oh dear.
  • Options
    New owner but still the same crap marketing ideas being put out there
  • Options
    Excellent idea.
  • Options
    This club has all the hallmarks of one running with an absent CEO.
    Or one that has a CEO called Meire
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    Huskaris said:
    stonemuse said:
    Ok - I have clarification from the club

If you are an existing ST in block D you will NOT be asked to move and will remain in situ under normal ST arrangements 

Any NEW ST’s wanting to have a seat in block D will have to buy a 1905 package 

To be honest, I think block D is completely sold out to ST’s at the moment anyway, as I can’t see any empty seats
    Strange as that contradicts the email received by the OP
    They're probably reading this thread and changing their mind pretty quickly! 
    If they are, can they have a look into my free train travel idea.
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    What a fucking joke our club is, rudderless, we are really in the shit with this sort of email going out, even the staff don’t know what’s going on.

Either shit staff or no communication, bet burger boys involved somewhere.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    What a fucking joke our club is, rudderless, we are really in the shit with this sort of email going out, even the staff don’t know what’s going on.

Hi, can I make a nomination for 'over reaction of the year'? 
  • Options
    Well - that was a car crash of public relations.

Quite the opposite I'd say.  Acknowledged they'd made a mistake and called the chap personally.  I think that is excellent customer fan service.

A lot of us are a bit on edge because of the disappointment/ false expectations but I think we are in danger of getting into a spiral of negative confirmation bias (myself included re my Meire-esque comment).

I don't think u turns/ apologies and change of tact and acknowledging mistakes is a sign of weakness as seems to be the approach in modern day politics and whilst there probably are a lot of off the field issues that could do with being a lot more joined up and further enhanced I don't think the club is falling to pieces (unlike our defence ha ha!)
    You mean they monitored the situation and backtracked at record pace. 
  • Options
    We don't need new songs, we don't need new VIP schemes or bandanas for dogs and we dont really need our own TV station. We need players and points and if there's no money for those... maybe we need to knock the TV studio on the head and prioritise. 
  • Options
    Rothko said:

Hi, can I make a nomination for 'over reaction of the year'? 
    4 games in and were already spoilt for choice.
    Come the end of the season we will have to do a top 10000.
  • Options
    BEANBAG said:

Bill, 

Please ignore my previous email. It has come to light that my information regarding the seating for next season was misunderstood by myself!

We will not be looking to relocate any season tickets holders out of West Stand D. We have a number of currently unoccupied seats in the back of block D which are used by our hospitality (Club1905.)

Anyone who has a season ticket in WSD will be able to keep their seating without adding on the lounge.

The club 1905 package is below for you: 

Club 1905 

Drink on arrival

Three carvery course meal

Man of the match presentation (when safe to do so)

Prime seating near the half way line

Panoramic views of the pitch

Visit from a Club legend

Dedicated host

£2000+vat for the season

I apologise for the confusion!

Kind Regards, 

Charlton Athletic Football Club

Joanne Dunn  | Commercial Sales Executive  
    Charlton Athletic Football Club | The Valley | Floyd Road | London | SE7 8BL 
    T: 02083334050 Twitter: @CAFCHospitality
    WebsiteGB tickets2  Facebook button    

Registered office: The Valley, Floyd Road, London SE7 8BL

Registered in England no. 1788466 VAT Registration no. 697 1617 92

Just received the above email from Joanne, plus a phone call from Ravi, hopefully it all ends here.

Some season ticket holders didn’t even get an email or invite to renew. 
  • Options
    Amateur hour yet again down the Valley of dreams. However at least they had the good grace to fix it and deal with it personally. How many more howlers though?
  • Options
    Red Robin - I didn’t get any invitation it was something I picked up on from someone who’s pass for a half-time cuppa was not available this season. I emailed the club for some clarification and the reply came back as printed above.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Oh I get that. I know people that have emailed and asked and had to chase for replies. Spot on with Ravi though, always cleaning up the mess. 
  • Options
    £104 a game 
    I could go to a Hundred game for that!
  • Options
    We did Keith Peacock suite (which is basically this except slightly better seating!) just before Covid and it was no more than about £90

Was pretty shocked when my dad showed me the email from the club saying it’s now £145 this season - won’t be doing that again in a hurry!
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    BEANBAG said:

Bill, 

Please ignore my previous email. It has come to light that my information regarding the seating for next season was misunderstood by myself!

We will not be looking to relocate any season tickets holders out of West Stand D. We have a number of currently unoccupied seats in the back of block D which are used by our hospitality (Club1905.)

Anyone who has a season ticket in WSD will be able to keep their seating without adding on the lounge.

The club 1905 package is below for you: 

Club 1905 

Drink on arrival

Three carvery course meal

Man of the match presentation (when safe to do so)

Prime seating near the half way line

Panoramic views of the pitch

Visit from a Club legend

Dedicated host

£2000+vat for the season

I apologise for the confusion!

Kind Regards, 

Good, they've obviously read this and stuck me down for just a visit.

Will only be a fleeting visit mind
  • Options
    Is any area of the west stand (apart from the boxes) used for hospitality already and if so is it mostly full up? 
    yes. Block N West Upper is used as part of the Vista Lounge package. Padded seats, half way line. Never seen it full. I think you can buy the seats without buying hospitality. (I am in block P, next one along. 
  • Options
    This is why the club needs a business development group/target 40k group AND a fans forum meeting to road test ideas like this.

Glad they reversed the decision or it was just a cock up over information in the first place, I hope

• Options
    Bill’s gone straight to the top of their watch list :-) 
    Just printing off that supporters contract and picking a mutually convenient date for Bill to come in and sign it….
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    We don't need new songs, we don't need new VIP schemes or bandanas for dogs and we dont really need our own TV station. We need players and points and if there's no money for those... maybe we need to knock the TV studio on the head and prioritise.
    We really didn’t need to ask for the poxy mascots to be changed either. We didn’t need the women’s team to be an all in one club either. These things can wait until we have a little bit of success on the pitch. No wonder Thomas is confused with what his priorities should have been. Some of the he has been asked to change has been pathetic. 
  • Options
    Not bad if the drink on arrival is a magnum of champagne.