Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Crewe Match Thread 28/08/21

Comments

• Options

41' Jaiyesimi breaks and pings a pass to Washington, who plays in Stockley to round the keeper and finish. 2-0 Addicks! #cafc 2 #crewealex 0
  • Options
    Our superior pedigree oozing through
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    Amazing what a bit of confidence does for a team. Lovely bit of one touch counter attacking there. 
  • Options
    43' Charlton break again. Washington's strike takes a deflection and eventually lands in Will's gloves. [2-0] #CreweAlex
  • Options
    We're 2-0 , on top and outplaying Crewe, and there's Brownie feeling sorry for Crewe, can we do something about it, we are winning Brownie,  B)
  • Options

45' There will be a minimum of two additional minutes at the end of the first half. [2-0] #CreweAlex
  • Options
    1. 44'

Post update

Albie Morgan (Charlton Athletic) wins a free kick in the defensive half.

2. 44'

Post update

Foul by Josh Lundstram (Crewe Alexandra).

• Options
    HT 2-0
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hard to find much fault with that. WP Charlton.
  • Options
    Nice ball from Morgan at the end there. 
  • Options
    Nice half time cuppa, makes a change and very well deserved :)
  • Options
    Mike Bassett would be proud of that first half performance.
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    Crewe are in big trouble this season, but you still have to put the chances away to beat them. And once we got one, the second was never far behind.
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    We need to use this game to get rid of our negative goal difference
  • Options
    KettsJohn said:
    Anyone having difficulty getting stream on Charlton TV even with vpn
    No,I'm in Paris at the moment B)
    So am I ! Fancy a post match beer 😂😂😂
  • Options
    442 suits us and the players, and they look more comfortable playing it too. 

Gunter in left footed cross shocker

Stockley rounded the keeper and scored with his feet

I must be in alternate universe today
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    Hard what to think about that half.

First 15 we looked as good as I have seen us. Then after that we completely lost the midfield battle, and reverted back to having to knock the ball long and lose the 2nd ball.

Then we scored and all of sudden looked a lot better again!

Have to say C-Mac has really grown on me last couple of games.

Think this Crewe side are going to be in big trouble this year. No surprises with the players they lost. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We deserve to be ahead at half time but I’d say it’s more down to Crewe being very poor than it is us being good. 

Crewe on this showing will be heading to league 2. Much more quality needed in our side still.
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    Nice ball from Morgan at the end there. 
    Was better than nice, took 3 Crewe players out if the game. DJ almost didn’t expect it would come it was that good. Shame DJ didn’t make more of it. 
  • Options
    SSN: Worst start in 25 years before today, let us hope we can put that record to bed from now on
  • Options
    How morgan playing again after his two mistakes cost us last week …Dobson must have a knock because he was MOM last week and the game changed when he went off ?
    Dobson hasn’t got a knock and he wasn’t MOM last week. Stop talking absolute bollocks. 
    He’s a WUM mate. Don’t rise to it. 
    I can’t though - he’s my Nan.
  • Options
    Class lads!! Keep it up!! 
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    AndyG said:
    KettsJohn said:
    Anyone having difficulty getting stream on Charlton TV even with vpn
    No,I'm in Paris at the moment B)
    So am I ! Fancy a post match beer 😂😂😂
    Mange tout Rodney B):)
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    sam3110 said:

I think the midfield would be creaking a bit against a better side, but Crewe aren’t that good and we’re well on top all over the pitch so the midfield isn’t being stretched. Wigan destroyed us in 10
    minutes of us playing 442 last week. It’s working today but I’m far from convinced we can play 442 every week. 

Even today there was a period Washington was having to drop deep to help out. 
  • Options
    I pop out for 5 minutes and miss the goal

• Options
    sam3110 said:

I think the midfield would be creaking a bit against a better side, but Crewe aren’t that good and we’re well on top all over the pitch so the midfield isn’t being stretched. Wigan destroyed us in 10
    minutes of us playing 442 last week. It’s working today but I’m far from convinced we can play 442 every week. 

Even today there was a period Washington was having to drop deep to help out. 
    But we will have a new midfield by the next league game  :)
  • Options
    At the game. Much better performance than last week by far.
    2 good goals, but we do have a tendency to take our foot off the gas now and then.
    DJ is playing very well, and having Kirk on the other wing is giving us options.
    Morgan better than last few games, but I would like to see EL come on in the 2nd half.

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!