Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Crewe Match Thread 28/08/21

Comments

• Options
    25' HUGE CHANCE! Ainley does well to create some room for himself to dink a cross into the box. McFazdean reacts quickest but his header is straight at MacGillivray!
  • Options
    That ball was never on from Kirk.

The opening 15 minutes was fun but starting to revert to type here. 
  • Options
    Seems like it's all Crewe now. They're defending really wide which is causing us a problem.
  • Options
    I generally like Matthews, but the number of times per match he will under hit, or misdirect a simple ball inside is criminal. 
    Said it in the summer, we should have gone for a better RB if we were genuinely challenging at the top. 
  • Options
    State of Stockley’s collar. Someone needs to point that out to the ref. 
  • Options
    This is utterly ridiculous... Have they got impunity on fouling Stockley?
  • Options
    How was that not a foul on Stockers there?

When he was dragged down I was half expecting the defender to get up, clap his hands over his head shoutin "Easy! Easy!" whilst Kent Walton took over comms ...
  • Options
    30' Half an hour gone here in SE7. No way through for the Addicks yet... #cafc 0 #crewealex 0
  • Options
    1. 29'

Post update

Foul by Conor Washington (Charlton Athletic).

2. 29'

Post update

Luke Offord (Crewe Alexandra) wins a free kick in the defensive half.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2021
    Zip has gone out of us and tempo has dropped. Following a worrying pattern again here that we’ve seen before. We look good for 15 minutes but don’t score, the opposition adjusts and settles and we can’t the switch it up to get back on top. Really want to see us wrestle back control here. Crewe look tidyish but no great shakes, we really should be able to beat them today. 

That lack of an overlapping left back is keeping one arm behind our back again, with Kirk cutting inside a lot. 
  • Options
    0-0 things can only get better?
  • Options
    1. 32'

Post update

Offside, Charlton Athletic. Chris Gunter tries a through ball, but Charlie Kirk is caught offside.

• Options
    1. 32'

Post update

Callum McFadzean (Crewe Alexandra) wins a free kick in the defensive half.

2. 32'

Post update

Luke Offord (Crewe Alexandra) wins a free kick in the defensive half.

• Options
    0-0 things can only get better?
    I'd put money on things getting a tad worse first :(
  • Options
    1. 34'

Post update

Attempt missed. Ben Knight (Crewe Alexandra) left footed shot from outside the box.

• Options
    edited August 2021
    Fucking cross into the first man again. Whenever we get into good wide areas, no matter which player is on the ball, I just have zero faith that a decent cross will come in. 
  • Options
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    DJ 1-0 get in great header 
  • Options
    Fucking cross into the first man again. Whenever we get into good wide areas, no matter which player is on the ball, I just have zero faith that a decent crowd will come in. 
    As I hit send Gunter swings in an absolute peach and it’s 1-0!
  • Options
    Bloody Hell!

We've only gone and scored from open play!

A cross, a header ... and it wasn't even Stockers on the end of it, it was DJ!

Nurse! I think my meds need upping ...
  • Options
    Get in DJ!

• Options
    Did well to beat his man and get to that. 

Was just about to say he's not been playing that well.
  • Options
    Gunters left foot!
  • Options

Goal!

Goal! Charlton Athletic 1, Crewe Alexandra 0. Diallang Jaiyesimi (Charlton Athletic) header from the centre of the box to the high centre of the goal. Assisted by Chris Gunter with a cross.

• Options
    First time Gunter gets on the overlap. First decent cross. Excellently worked goal and good movement from DJ. Very aesthetically pleasing goal. 
  • Options
    Gunters left foot!
    He'd borrowed it from a friend.
  • Options
    Watson ffs
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!