Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Energy Bills

1626364656668»

Comments

• Options
    We had British gas smart meters installed for both gas and electric when we moved in 2 years ago and everything had been great working perfectly. Then we realised that for the last 3 months they have been estimating our gas readings "due to a change in how we calculate bills" and has estimated our usage as double what it actually was. Luckily we noticed this and were able to submit a reading before the cap was changed so we should get "refunded" to our account at the higher rate that we paid for it.
  • Options
    Thanks for your replies. It sounds like, basically, it’s a legal scam that they can get away with. Once Smart Meters are in place there is no reason whatsoever for them to still estimate the bills and front load the accounts in their favour. That’s one of the benefits of Smart Meters. To be able to provide real time accurate usage data feeds to their computer systems.
    @Siv_in_Norfolk. Thanks for the info about Ecotricity. I’ll talk to you more about that. 
  • Options
    edited April 4
    R0TW said:
    Just got off the phone. Reduced to £225.00
    £6pm ish underpaid for the last 3 years.
    I haven't finished with them yet mate. They have got me down for using 3 cubic metres per week.
    My calculations using that formula don't appear to be matching theirs (with regards to starting meter figures).
    Waiting on their full breakdown maths, along with all I have paid over that period.
    I moved in on 24/03/2021.
    They have agreed a figure of 3 cubic metres per week.
    The reading on 24/03/2024 was 696 cubic metres.
    Using (by their formula) 156 metres per year (3 x 52 weeks) x 3 years = 468 metres (3 x 156).
    696 - 468 = starting reading of 228.

They have got it down as 226.

Hmm, might have to eat humble pie on this one and accept they are (finally) correct.

Just when I was looking forward to a row.

I have, however completed an application saying that not all water issued was returned to their sewer. You are charged 37% of your bill for returned water.
    They assume 100% of issued water is returned to sewer.
    Had a fair size extension on my house, and consider a lot of water usage went into raw materials (concrete, mortar, render, plaster).
    We shall see.

Don't forget to claim for your soak away drain. That gives a discount of £14.37 per six month billing.
  • Options
    I switched to Octopus Tracker Tariff today. Logged onto my account and made the switch and less than two hours later received notification that the change was complete. Fingers crossed it’s a bit cheaper for me. I’m a high user. 
    Just in time mate, daily charges just gone up.
  • Options
    cafcpolo said:
    I switched to Octopus Tracker Tariff today. Logged onto my account and made the switch and less than two hours later received notification that the change was complete. Fingers crossed it’s a bit cheaper for me. I’m a high user. 
    Just in time mate, daily charges just gone up.
    Yep I noticed that 😬
  • Options
    R0TW said:
    R0TW said:
    Just got off the phone. Reduced to £225.00
    £6pm ish underpaid for the last 3 years.
    I haven't finished with them yet mate. They have got me down for using 3 cubic metres per week.
    My calculations using that formula don't appear to be matching theirs (with regards to starting meter figures).
    Waiting on their full breakdown maths, along with all I have paid over that period.
    I moved in on 24/03/2021.
    They have agreed a figure of 3 cubic metres per week.
    The reading on 24/03/2024 was 696 cubic metres.
    Using (by their formula) 156 metres per year (3 x 52 weeks) x 3 years = 468 metres (3 x 156).
    696 - 468 = starting reading of 228.

They have got it down as 226.

Hmm, might have to eat humble pie on this one and accept they are (finally) correct.

Just when I was looking forward to a row.

I have, however completed an application saying that not all water issued was returned to their sewer. You are charged 37% of your bill for returned water.
    They assume 100% of issued water is returned to sewer.
    Had a fair size extension on my house, and consider a lot of water usage went into raw materials (concrete, mortar, render, plaster).
    We shall see.

Don't forget to claim for your soak away drain. That gives a discount of £14.37 per six month billing.
    Bit of an update. Received a bill Monday for just under £1k.
    Two today. One for up to Nov 23 for £225, another one for up to mid March 24 for £400.
    Questioned the figures as basically since I moved in up until mid march 24, I owed around £1300.
    I have already paid them £1297.

So to sum up.
    Out of the blue get a bill for £1150,00 and being told this is genuine from many of the TW minions.
    To now agreeing with them that I owe £2.50.

How can a company be able to operate in this manner?
    Maybe they have a job lot of Fujitsu PCs?