Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Options
    My faith was wavering at the season of the start ..  the recent signings have reignited my belief .. 
  • Options
    Aggghhh it's Ged the root of evil!
  • Options
    Aaaaargh, even Thomas says "the proof is in the pudding"
    Validation is not a fecking threepenny bit ffs
  • Options
    What does the black box think of Jacob Roddy? 😏
  • Options
    It’s a great article and great to have the transparency 

it still won’t be enough for some though 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    So no loans, short contracts, free transfers… ok right. That might have been the intention but it certainly wasn’t the outcome, maybe address that?
  • Options
    Oh and 51% is a majority - can we have less spin and pr please?
  • Options
    We can only wait and see if this system works, if they are pleased with the business we have done and it has all been generated by the 'Black Box' then anything less than promotion this year will be a failure.

What I find strange is they speak as if the players we have signed will take us all the way to The Premiership on their long term contracts with age on their side however we all know in reality to compete in a league above you have to strengthen again to remain competitive.

A lot of our players are average to good League One players at best, they may well struggle in the Championship.    

• Options
    So Pelchen is an Aussie with a doctorate in Human Resources Analysis who worked at Chelsea for a couple of years.

Aaron Barnes is a former player now at Dulwich doing some analysis alongside his non-league career.
  • Options
    So Pelchen is an Aussie with a doctorate in Human Resources Analysis who worked at Chelsea for a couple of years.

Aaron Barnes is a former player now at Dulwich doing some analysis alongside his non-league career.
    Barnes is at Welling! I win this round!! 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited September 2021
    We can only wait and see if this system works, if they are pleased with the business we have done and it has all been generated by the 'Black Box' then anything less than promotion this year will be a failure.

What I find strange is they speak as if the players we have signed will take us all the way to The Premiership on their long term contracts with age on their side however we all know in reality to compete in a league above you have to strengthen again to remain competitive.

A lot of our players are average to good League One players at best, they may well struggle in the Championship.    

Just as well we only have a few with contracts long enough to play in the PL in that dream scenario. 

We have a good number due to end next season too. I think we'll see players leaving and *hopefully* being replaced with better year on year by default.

We just have to hope that each time we're moving up a level.
  • Options
    Good PR and glad they're being more transparent about their processes than other set-ups in the past. 

Proof is in the League Table though. Everything is just words until we start (or continue) winning. 
  • Options
    Football espionage moves on from the spy at the training ground. 

Tech savvy agents could break into our black box, insiders could sell our data, our systems could be hacked, accessed remotely and compromised.  B)

Even worse Dan Pelchen might get kidnapped and have tea cups thrown at him.  Once he cracks and reveals the secrets of our algorithm, we'll all be done for  :#

• Options
    Also the honesty that we will sell players to raise money just as most clubs do.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    razil said:
    So no loans, short contracts, free transfers… ok right. That might have been the intention but it certainly wasn’t the outcome, maybe address that?
    Where did they claim we wouldn't use loans, short contracts and sign free agents?
    The strategy is not to (loans count as short contracts for a year or less)

‘In the recent past, with the previous ownerships, the strategy has been focused on free agents and/or players on a one year contract. That existence has been hand to mouth. It is one which wasn’t sustainable. ‘
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    People who don’t admit when things didn’t go quite to plan worry me,

it’s pretty much back to pre Duchatelet hands off (when the club was in limbo), hardly a revelation 

they even talking about selling players - hardly learning from the past, again better than Duchatelet limbo I suppose when players went for nothing

so far a long way from equalling the spivs first window
  • Options
    LoOkOuT said:
    Just looked up Dan Pelchen on LinkedIn. Looks young, but he’s got great hair!

Deserves a ‘lol’ but prefer to press the ‘would like to punch in the face’ button
  • Options
    Can’t we have one thread on this website that gets to page 2 before someone shits on the original post/link, even when it’s a superb open letter to the fans from the club!