Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Adkins Out? - Match Thread

Comments

• Options
    Wel if it ain't at 1pm, use be tonight at 6
  • Options
    Or 5
  • Options
    Which 5?
  • Options
    MarcusH26 said:
    I still have a nagging suspicion he'll be in charge on Saturday. Would sacking him today give whoever is taking the team Saturday enough time to work on things?
    If he gets sacked today JJ will take charge Saturday wheather we bring in a new manager or not.
    Agreed. TS has spoken about JJ getting the gig one day and I think he’d be wary of the potential backlash from fans if he sacked JJ so I can’t see him going. 

Not sure if that will mean stepping back if the new guy wants his own assistant though. 

Maybe JJ is the new guy
    I don’t think there would be an enormous backlash if JJ got sacked.  There would be unhappiness and sympathy for him but I for one wouldn’t be getting my pitchfork sharpened. 
    Me neither, but I can see why TS may think otherwise
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    Adkinswatch - his car is in the training ground car park 
    Makes a pleasant change for exiting employees to return their company cars!
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    Makes a pleasant change for exiting employees to return their company cars!
    I thought he got the train everywhere, surprised he had a company car.
  • Options
    Doesnt Adkins usually get the train? 
  • Options
    Gribbo said:
    40 minutes time, no ifs, no buts
    FIx bayonets!
  • Options
    ButtleJR said:
    My friend who lives on Sparrows lane says he often sees him walking down. But believe he does drive on occasion as well (a car he mentioned was not as flash as Bowyers). 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    think the meeting the other night was to sandgaard instructing ruddy and gallen to make a list of possible alternative managers. I'm afraid adkins might be in charge on saturday now tbh.
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    ButtleJR said:
    My friend who lives on Sparrows lane says he often sees him walking down. But believe he does drive on occasion as well (a car he mentioned was not as flash as Bowyers). 

Hmmm, settles for second best.
  • Options
    think the meeting the other night was to sandgaard instructing ruddy and gallen to make a list of possible alternative managers. I'm afraid adkins might be in charge on saturday now tbh.
    Surely they should just release one of those crappy ‘fully backing’ the manager statements then. Mention that it has been a really poor start, but they are fully behind Adkins who will be taking charge of the Sunderland game.

Stop some of the rampant speculation going about (not just by Charlton fans either). It’s just a massive distraction for the fan base, and I’m sure the players are not oblivious to it either.
  • Options
    I assume this is just an assumption re the meeting, they could have been discussing the sales of the real ale in the fans bar?

However if you are correct I hope to god that Roddy & Gallen use a different method to select a manager as opposed to the one they use to select players.
  • Options
    I assume this is just an assumption re the meeting, they could have been discussing the sales of the real ale in the fans bar?

However if you are correct I hope to god that Roddy & Gallen use a different method to select a manager as opposed to the one they use to select players.
    Or a different method to the one they used to appoint the current manager.
  • Options
    In the background there is the aspect of some fantastically loyal Charlton fans making the massive and expensive and time consuming schlepp to Sunderland for the game on Saturday.
    I doubt anybody concerned with the football side of the club give those fans a second thought.
    Exceptionalism, and indifference bordering on contempt is the vibe I get from our players these days.
  • Options
    The silence from the club regardless of the outcome i.e staying or going is borderline disrespectful to the fans. It's been 2 days since Accrington bent us over & nobody has said a peep. 
  • Options
    If the decision has been made by instructing Roddy and Gallen to draw up a list then there is no benefit, or indeed morality, in keeping Adkins in place.
  • Options

I heard it was the first meeting of the team selection committee.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Stig said:
    The reason we didn't hear yesterday was ?

Quantum mechanics.

When under observation, electrons are being "forced" to behave like particles and not like waves. Thus the mere act of observation affects the findings.

Look away now and it will be announced that Nigel Adkins is leaving to spend more time with his family.

Listen to the science.

aliwibble said:
    CH4RLTON said:
    Who’d love to see Curbs and Brownie in the dugout vs Sunderland on Saturday?
    Love 'em both, but no.

While I'm here, what time do people reckon the club twitter feed will break radio silence today?
    All the time the Twitter feed remains shut, Schrödinger's Adkins is both alive and dead.
    The one who likes walking and listening to the birds singing has been alive all season
    The one who coaches the team to defend and pass to each other has been dead all season
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    He left it there, he loves walking
  • Options
    MarcusH26 said:
    I still have a nagging suspicion he'll be in charge on Saturday. Would sacking him today give whoever is taking the team Saturday enough time to work on things?
    If he gets sacked today JJ will take charge Saturday wheather we bring in a new manager or not.
    not if JJ goes too. Might be Pearce or Watson if that's the case.
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    In the background there is the aspect of some fantastically loyal Charlton fans making the massive and expensive and time consuming schlepp to Sunderland for the game on Saturday.
    I doubt anybody concerned with the football side of the club give those fans a second thought.
    Exceptionalism, and indifference bordering on contempt is the vibe I get from our players these days.
    What if anything are you expecting someone to do? I understand its frustrating but whatever is happening I really don't think the silence is anything to do with attitudes towards fans. 
  • Options
    Rob7Lee said:
    I think because there’s no outright denial and public backing, along with “no statement on Adkins tonight”, I think sandgaard and co want to announce his replacement before announcing his sacking. 
    Or there's just a lot of headless chickens not knowing what to do and protecting their own backs. I don't recall any 'management' statement about Adkins at all, all season, and don't expect one if he isn't sacked.

It all really boils down to how much of it is Adkins fault, or more importantly how much TS believes is Adkins fault.

If it's decided that the main issue has been poor recruitment then you've got a committee to blame (including TS himself).
    If it's decided that the whole playing set up is wrong then it could fall on Roddy if Adkins is simply implementing his ideas.
    If it's decided that Adkins simply hasn't got the best out of what he has, despite having full autonomy then his head roles....

There are a lot of variables, for me it's who has been the driving force of the structure, playing style, recruitment etc and I'm yet to be convinced that falls wholly onto Adkins.

Many have been very quick to put all the blame on Adkins and to a lesser extent JJ and Euell, but none of us truly know under what circumstances and authority they are operating under. I've absolutely no inside information but just fail to believe Adkins who was a decent enough manager has suddenly lost the plot as it would, externally, appear. He's not a fool in footballing circles.

Add to that, it is believed from what we've heard that post games TS refers to Gallen & Roddy, another reason that it makes me believe Adkins doesn't have the autonomy a manager should.

If we see Adkins, and Adkins only sacked then clearly TS believes it all lays at his door (whether true or not), if others go as well then maybe the problem isn't just Adkins. If Adkins doesn't go then clearly the belief is he's doing the best with the cards he's been dealt.

I personally believe there's a lot more to all of this and where we find ourselves than Adkins being an awful manager with the tactics of a goldfish.
    I’m sure there is a lot more to it, but no change that doesn’t involve removing Adkins is likely to make a difference in the short term. We’re not talking about justice here, but changing the team’s results. 

I’m always puzzled by the idea that the delay is caused by negotiation. If you have decided to sack a manager it’s unlikely you will change your mind because he holds out for a particular financial settlement. It’s tidier to have an agreement but it doesn’t mean he’ll stay if one isn’t reached quickly.
  • Options
    ***GONE***
  • Options
    He's gone. Announced officially. 
  • Options
    Any 'delay' is about replacements in my opinion.
  • Options
    Nice guy, way out of his depths.
  • Options
    Rest easy, Nigel! 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!