Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Adkins Out? - Match Thread

1112113114115116118»

Comments

• Options
    Take no pleasure from anyone getting sacked but this was coming and should have been done after Bolton.

Fully behind JJ no really hope we get a performance on Saturday even if the result doesn’t go to plan.

Doncaster at home will be the real test of where we are and what influence JJ can bring.

All the best to Adkins, I don’t see him getting another managerial job but after a few pay offs I’m sure he will be fine.
  • Options
    Sam_777 said:
    Can already see some of the usual suspects sharping their scythes in anticipation of a defeat on Saturday. 

Regardless if you think this is the right move or not, a true Charlton legend has just been tasked with saving the club from its lowest ever point. He’s only going to have one coaching season before going to what is probably the toughest fixture in the division.

If we get pumped 3-0, that’s not your cue to throw your toys out of the pram. He needs a shot over the course of a few months to cut out the rot and get his ideas across.
    Sorry pal, we're 3rd from bottom, we don't have a few months to piss about 
    Equally though it's completely unrealistic to make a judgement after only 4 or 5 games too. If there is going to be a turn around in attitude and a new way of playing that's going to take anyone time to implement properly. 

I'm not just talking about a hypothetical "bounce" I mean reversing a losing mentality across the whole squad. 
  • Options
    Take no pleasure from anyone getting sacked but this was coming and should have been done after Bolton.

Fully behind JJ no really hope we get a performance on Saturday even if the result doesn’t go to plan.

Doncaster at home will be the real test of where we are and what influence JJ can bring.

All the best to Adkins, I don’t see him getting another managerial job but after a few pay offs I’m sure he will be fine.
    We'd have beat Doncaster under Adkins too. It's a gimme. 
  • Options
    None of us know what goes on behind the scenes or the dynamics etc.

JJ is not absconded of responsibility for the current situation, but equally should have everyone’s full support at this stage. 

Says you, it's well known fact that:

1. JJ was just doing what his manager said
    2. JJ never had any input into tactics
    3. Was never allowed to motivate the players as he was only AM
    4. Was secretly plotting against Adkins from day one as he knew he was manager next
    5. Adkins was advocating long ball then telling everyone it was never his idea.

😉😬

• Options
    Can already see some of the usual suspects sharping their scythes in anticipation of a defeat on Saturday. 

Regardless if you think this is the right move or not, a true Charlton legend has just been tasked with saving the club from its lowest ever point. He’s only going to have one coaching season before going to what is probably the toughest fixture in the division.

If we get pumped 3-0, that’s not your cue to throw your toys out of the pram. He needs a shot over the course of a few months to cut out the rot and get his ideas across.
    He's also been assistant manager to get us to that lowest point. 

The fact everything is getting thrown at Adkins when fitness is an issue (down to every coach). 

I do think there's a bit of a question as to how early on Jackson was briefing against Adkins knowing he would get his own crack at the whip once he was gone. 
    Are the seriously implying that Johnnie Jackson could have been actively sabotaging our season so Adkins would be sacked and he could get a crack at the whip? 
  • Options

The fact everything is getting thrown at Adkins when fitness is an issue (down to every coach). 

I do think there's a bit of a question as to how early on Jackson was briefing against Adkins knowing he would get his own crack at the whip once he was gone. 
    Are the seriously implying that Johnnie Jackson could have been actively sabotaging our season so Adkins would be sacked and he could get a crack at the whip? 
    No didn't say sabotage at all. 

Telling upstairs that clearly it's not working out under Adkins isn't actively sabotaging a season. 
  • Options
    Gribbo said:
    Gribbo said:
    TEL said:
    It's been pretty obvious for a good 2-3 weeks his job was untenable. Rarely does anyone come back from being openly castigated by the fans. Wish him well, I'm sure the pay off will soften the blow. 

Wilder please Mr Sandgaard 
    1,000,000% never gonna happen. If Wilder is your expectation then you will be let down on a biblical scale. You might well ask Sangaard for Bill Shankley.
    Not saying it will be Wilder, but would love it to be a big name that everyone is happy with and exceeds all expectations, just so people who are so confident with their predictions get egg in the face.
    If JJ & JE improve things and we get a couple of points on the board I suspect Thomas will take the cheap option and appoint them full time.
    if they do improve things and we start winning then why on earth wouldn't/shouldn't they get the job?
    Pretty sure it would be short lived, and we'd be in the same situation come this time next year
    why though? - interested as to what makes you think that way?? - Euell is good enough to work in the England set up but not good enough for League 1?

I don't want to piss on their day and want them to have loads of success, whether it is short term, or if they go on to do it as the permanent management team.

Not had a premonition or anything and not blindly stating that they're destined to fail from the outset as a fact. It's just a lightly put opinion - Have a feeling they'll start off really well with the bounce that everyone speak of and I also think they'll get the existing players on their side too. But I'd worry when it comes to bringing new players in though, as we've essentially got the same set up as we've had overseeing the last few transfer windows, which haven't exactly been a roaring success. And I personally think we need a complete overhaul of the management team and a new face to come in, working with their own choice of people, under an experienced conventional football CEO. That's just what I think is best for the long term future, looking at it through today's eyes. 

But as I said, they've got my full backing from the start and hope it all works out 
  • Options

HAHA!

• Options

Behave, we look incapable of beating anyone at the moment, our two most convincing wins this season have been against Crawley (League 2) and Southampton under 21's both in the cup.

This is a good indicator that we are a poor League One side
  • Options
    Gutted.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

HAHA!

Behave, we look incapable of beating anyone at the moment, our two most convincing wins this season have been against Crawley (League 2) and Southampton under 21's both in the cup.

Our two wins are Fleetwood and Crewe. 

It shows we can beat the bottom sides, we just come up short against everyone else. 
  • Options

HAHA!

Our two wins are Fleetwood and Crewe. 

It shows we can beat the bottom sides, we just come up short against everyone else. 
    I said "most convincing wins" where we have dominated and scored a lot of goals.

Not scraped through like we did against Fleetwood.
  • Options
    cafctom said:
    Yes Jacko. Time to shut up the naysayers.

Johnnie Jackson’s Red Army!
    Get it right its Red and White
  • Options

We couldn’t beat a carpet under Adkins. 
  • Options

We beat the other 'relegation' teams we played. It's anyone above 20th we struggle against. 
  • Options

We beat the other 'relegation' teams we played. It's anyone above 20th we struggle against. 
    What you saying then, get Adkins back in just for the easy games?
  • Options

Even beating an egg might have been whisky
  • Options
    Sandgaard on TalkSport this morning, talking to Jim White, starts about 21.00 minutes.
    https://talksport.com/radio/listen-again/1634806800/1634808600/
  • Options
    Gribbo said:

Just that Doncaster should be an easy win. Rather than any kind of 'test' for the new man.
    why should it be easy? They are just two points behind us with a game in hand.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

We have to win our 'mini-League', don'cha know? :smile:

• Options
    Gribbo said:

Just that Doncaster should be an easy win. Rather than any kind of 'test' for the new man.
    why should it be easy? They are just two points behind us with a game in hand.
    Exactly. Imagine if we lost it?  :worried:

• Options

let's get the conspiracy stories in early. Or consider that there was probably no "briefing against" Adkins by anyone, as that is far more believable. 
    It's Dowie and Reed all over again!!!
  • Options
    I don't think we need two threads on this, so time to head over to the post-match:
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!