Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jimmy Greaves - RIP

Comments

• Options
    Sad news. What a player and what a character too. RIP.
  • Options
    RIP.

The greatest out and out goalscorer of his generation and maybe ever.

Another icon of my youth gone.

Certainly the best ever English pure poacher of a goalscorer in my lifetime - only Gerd Muller in my opinion would be his equal on the world stage (and they died a month apart).

Legend and icon - RIP Jimmy.
  • Options
    Legend. RIP.
    Grew up on Saint and Greavsie. 
    He opened the now defunct 2nd screen at the Woolwich Coronet cinema, the premiere of Back to the Future 2 (I think) in 1990.
  • Options
    Funny old game.

Legend, RIP.
  • Options
    RIP Greavsie, a football legend and great TV pundit/presenter

It's been really sad seeing his struggles and suffering in recent years
  • Options
    One of the best finishers of all time. Great player and a real character. RIP Jimmy.
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:
    Heartbroken.

Seems fitting that no.1 daughter and I are off to WHL today for Spurs v Chelsea, two of his old clubs.  Will be emotional.

RIP Greavsie x
    Yeah very apt those two are playing today. 

RIP Greavsie 
  • Options
    Back in the late '60s my Dad would take me to Charlton one week and Spurs the next. Greaves was one of if not the best finishers of all time. 

Thanks Greavesie

RIP
  • Options
    RIP Greavsie legend of the game 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    RIPJimmy, great footballer and great bloke. 
  • Options
    RIP Jimmy
    England's greatest goalscorer and a charismatic personality.
    Proud to have watched him several times in the flesh
  • Options
    "Football is a funny old game Saint, a funny old game"

RIP Greavsy,  a character, a personality, a bloody great footballer!
  • Options
    Never saw him play, but he was the reason Saint and Greavise worked. A genuine funny bloke

RIP
  • Options
    Jimmy once said of the legendary manager Bill Nicholson, "it was a pleasure and a privilege to play for him"
    "We didn't always see eye to eye. We had a love/hate relationship. I loved the way I played and he hated it"  :D
  • Options
    RIP Jimmy, Legend. 
  • Options
    A supreme goalscorer who was then brilliant on Saint and Greavsie. RIP Jimmy
  • Options

RIP Jimmy.

One of the all greats

• Options
    Lucky enough to see him play at Spurs a few times,absolute class,just a shame the tv coverage then was not as extensive as it is now,it would have been great for the kids  of today to have seen how good Jim and others of his era really were.
    RIP

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited September 2021
    I’m sure Spurs (and Chelsea) would like to do something at the game today and I’m sure they will, even on such short notice.

Greavsie is an icon of the game and it’s particularly fitting that this specific fixture is on TV today, allowing the whole football community to acknowledge this footballing genius.
  • Options
    JohnnyH2 said:
    Never saw him play, but he was the reason Saint and Greavise worked. A genuine funny bloke

RIP

Just a taster!

• Options
    edited September 2021
    RIP Greavsie, he scored some great goals including one great dribble from about the half way line. In fact make that several goals he scored dribbling and weaving his way through a defence.
    Scored a goal on every debut he made.
  • Options
    A true football legend. RIP Jimmy.
  • Options
    RIP.
  • Options
    Saw him in M&S in Maldon once. Managed a hello but was too star struck to say anything else…
    RIP 
  • Options
    Great player and good on TV. RIP, Jimmy.
  • Options
    RIP