Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Gillingham v Charlton Match Thread 21/09/2021

Comments

• Options
    Hmmm to that team
  • Options
    Fuck me , not sure what's happening here . Is Adkins a Gillingham fan ?
  • Options
    Southbank said:
    What could be more of an indictment of the recruitment policy that Watson and Pearce are in 7 games in, with no injury crisis!!. Desperate.

And five of our new signings are on the bench.
  • Options
    Gillingham: Cumming, Bennett, Ehmer, Tucker, McKenzie, MacDonald, Dempsey, Adshead, Lee, Kelman, Oliver.

Subs: Chapman, Tutonda, Akehurst, Reeves, Lloyd, Sithole, Akinde.
    All eyes on Dempsey | Tucker | Kelman from that squad after the Transfer Window...
  • Options
    Honestly wtf is that team.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Leuth said:
    CH4RLTON said:
    Why drop Famewo? I mean it’s a strong bench ; but like others have said Watson and Morgan?
    Because he keeps kicking the fucking ball off the pitch. One of the most understandable changes in this XI
    And you think Pierce is better?
    I mean Pearce's kicks usually remain on the pitch.
    Mainly removing the legs of the opposing striker for a pen!!!
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    Leuth said:
    Leuth said:
    CH4RLTON said:
    Why drop Famewo? I mean it’s a strong bench ; but like others have said Watson and Morgan?
    Because he keeps kicking the fucking ball off the pitch. One of the most understandable changes in this XI
    Pearce suffered by comparison to the Nabster but he's so much better on the ball than Famewo
    Famewo is comfortable enough on the ball, and can carry it forward and beat a man from time to time. Trouble is he thinks he can pass, and he cannot. In fact his distribution is among the worst I've seen from a regular starting defender for Charlton.

• Options
    I think it's a good team apart from the CM pair, and then it isn't a good team
  • Options
    How long before we start to lump balls up to Davidson ? I give it 15 minutes 
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Leuth said:
    CH4RLTON said:
    Pearce suffered by comparison to the Nabster but he's so much better on the ball than Famewo
    Famewo is comfortable enough on the ball, and can carry it forward and beat a man from time to tie. Trouble is he thinks he can pass, and he cannot. In fact his distribution is among the worst I've seen from a regular starting defender for Charlton.

That's what I meant tbf - he does have some running in him
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Stinks of desperation that.

In September FFS!
  • Options
    I will get the stream but wish I wouldn't bother getting the bloody stream.
  • Options
    Isnt going to be 4-4-2 the way Adkins is talking

Sounds like Lee will be in the gap between Davison and Morgan / Watson with Washington and CBT out wide
  • Options
    After Cheltenham I commented that Albie and Watson should never be in the same starting line up again, but here we go. For the first time I think Adkins must be at risk of the sack.
  • Options
    Adkins digging his own grave

I’ve worked with loads of people like him, bullshit bingo talks a lot and nothing absolutely nothing that inspires

Nice bloke but when we lose tonight he needs to be gone 
  • Options
    It's ok all, Nigel is looking and sounding chipper and very excited about Ben P playing.
  • Options
    I thought this was a league match. Didn’t realise Gillingham was our Papa John’s Trophy group … 😮‍💨🙄
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    CH4RLTON said:
    Na much prefer Daniel Craig.......
  • Options
    Here was me thinking we might go 4-4-2 and put Lee & CBT on the wings. 

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited September 2021
    I assumed the leaked team was for the match at Erith & Belvedere tomorrow night.
  • Options
    The pace at CB is frightening……
  • Options
    Bob Lee is spot on, it's bravery.  Haven't got a set of bollocks between them. 
  • Options
    Even @Happy Valley must be having a re-think
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    I think it's a good team apart from the CM pair, and then it isn't a good team
    CM is such a crucial area for a team that gets passed around by the opposition, doesn't protect the back four or link up with the attack - doesn't matter how good the front 2 or 3 are if we lose control of the midfield. 

Someone please explain what Watson brings to the team?
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    I will get the stream but wish I wouldn't bother getting the bloody stream.
    I’ll do the same but I’m livid I’ve got to potentially watch  Morgan run around on grass again for 90mins, Pearce is probably due a penalty concession aswell!! 😤
  • Options
    sammy391 said:
    Wasn’t that the team that was leaked 👀 
    Yes. Spot on. 

And I thought it was a joke!
  • Options
    Gillingham: Cumming, Bennett, Ehmer, Tucker, McKenzie, MacDonald, Dempsey, Adshead, Lee, Kelman, Oliver.

Subs: Chapman, Tutonda, Akehurst, Reeves, Lloyd, Sithole, Akinde.
    All eyes on Dempsey | Tucker | Kelman from that squad after the Transfer Window...
    It's alright Kelman signed for us, Colin said so. 
  • Options
    Could work. Forward line looks more mobile. Albie's strength is the ability to pick a pass. With Davison, Washington and Lee, plus CBT out wide, he has far more options than he has had recently.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!