Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Gillingham v Charlton Match Thread 21/09/2021

Comments

• Options
    AndyG said:
    I'm not going to comment on the starting selection as it has all been said. Please god give us a good performance tonight otherwise Saturday is going to be really toxic at the valley
    If we don't get a good performance tonight, it's going to be pretty toxic long before Saturday! :-)
  • Options
    So two players we were told were bit part this season are getting game time already and three of the transfer deadline day signings are not fit enough to start. 
  • Options
    aliwibble said:
    Hmmm. Some things in that I like, and some things I'm really not sure about. I think we're all going to need to hold our nerve tonight.
    Ha. You read the previous two pages? I’m outta here.
  • Options
    Absolutley mental team selection. Can't believe people are already writing Kirk off. I would of started him tonight with a proper left back behind him. Be surprised if we don't lose. Adkins out 
  • Options
    I'll start worrying when NA stops feeling positive. 
  • Options
    just looked on skybet.
    They are 2/1, we are 6/5.
    are they really that shit?
  • Options
    Evans can stay in the Wimpey and put his feet up.
  • Options
    Pouring myself a large stiff whisky. I’ve a feeling I’m going to need it. This could be the night when the dam finally bursts. 
    It’s funny because the only thing large and stiff( ok medium at best) I’ve got, I was hoping to dip in custard!!! After that lineup I might grab the whisky.🤣
  • Options
    Either a brilliant left field selection, or a bizarre public resignation letter.

Me? Feels like when it started going wrong under Pardew, the football equivalent of throwing stuff at a wall and seeing what sticks. And, most of the time it didn't.
  • Options
    So two players we were told were bit part this season are getting game time already and three of the transfer deadline day signings are not fit enough to start. 
    Called it at the time & got castigated for it.

The transfer window was a shambles & the late additions are mostly not fit enough to play even 90 mins.

Anyway. We are here, lower stand just 6 rows from the front. Wont be posting much during the game as I want to take it all in & not miss a minute of the action. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Either a brilliant left field selection, or a bizarre public resignation letter.

Me? Feels like when it started going wrong under Pardew, the football equivalent of throwing stuff at a wall and seeing what sticks. And, most of the time it didn't.
    I'm almost pasta caring....
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    Nice to hear Rob(ert) Lee saying "we" on the stream when talking about Charlton, think he really want us to do well, must be strange with his two boy's on opposing sides..
  • Options

𝕭𝖆𝖙𝖙𝖑𝖊 𝖔𝖋 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝕷𝖊𝖊 𝖇𝖗𝖔𝖙𝖍𝖊𝖗𝖘 Two familiar faces @ElliotLee9 and @OllyLee7 take in their surroundings...

• Options
    Win tonight could get us out of the relegation zone - just need to grind out a result and forget about playing our usual expansive game.
  • Options
    Still no Henderson on the bench...
  • Options
    I mean I like Gilbey, and I was hopeful he was going to have a good impact for us this season after a slow start, but I do hope we aren't pinning all our hopes on him coming back and somehow restoring all balance to this team. If anyone thinks he's the messiah that will turn the season around I fear they will be disappointed.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Come on you reds. 
  • Options
    I give it 20-minutes
  • Options
    whatever happens tonight it will be a different team again on Saturday 
  • Options
    The season starts here - no more comments from bedwetters and doom 'n' gloom merchants.

• Options
    So, of the players we actually signed on at least a years contract & not on loan or took up an option who is playing tonight.....

Lavelle

Anyone else....?
  • Options
    I mean I like Gilbey, and I was hopeful he was going to have a good impact for us this season after a slow start, but I do hope we aren't pinning all our hopes on him coming back and somehow restoring all balance to this team. If anyone thinks he's the messiah that will turn the season around I fear they will be disappointed.
    I think people see him as a more natural 10 than Morgan.
  • Options
  • Options
    If we lose tonight I think the Danish David Brent will sack NA, I think we will draw and buy him some time though.
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    Still no Henderson on the bench...

What do we do during one our medicals? Ask if a player can stand up from an armchair without grunting or groaning? The number of apparently unfit players we've signed in the last 5 years is amazing. I wouldn't mind if the starting XI all played with the stamina and energy of a Kalvin Phillips but most of the regulars look dead on their feet after 35 minutes as well.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!