Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ongoing British Tennis…

Comments

• Options
    Evans going well too. Two sets and two breaks up over Goffin. Should be wrapped up quickly from here?
  • Options
    Great win by Andy over 21st seed,lets hope he is not to knackered as really wants to do well here.And who knows,no novak so the tournament is wide open.
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    Murray wins in 5 sets - never makes it easy.
    Probably not a good idea to get ahead of yourself but I’m doing it anyway…

Murray’s section of the draw originally included Casper Ruud (no. 8 seed) but Ruud had to withdraw & was replaced by lucky loser Safiullin. The highest remaining seed is Jannik Sinner who could be waiting in round three if both were to win in round two.

The good news is that Murray beat Sinner on a hard court back in November.

There is a not-impossible route to a quarter final here… and if anyone has a bit of magic to make it happen, it’s Andy Murray. I just hope he can recover quickly from the five setter.

• Options

Murray’s section of the draw originally included Casper Ruud (no. 8 seed) but Ruud had to withdraw & replaced by Safiullin. The highest remaining seed is Jannik Sinner who could be waiting in round three if both were to win in round two.

Murray can't keep doing long matches - I'm amazed he won today but he did beat Basilashvili last week as well. One more win and he's well into the top 100 of the rankings.

Evans and Watson are through with just Broady and Raducanu left to play.
  • Options
    Watching the Broady game - hadn't appreciated quite how unconventional Kyrgios can be - not sure if disrespectful or not. Broady seems to be embracing it though
  • Options
    Watching the Broady game - hadn't appreciated quite how unconventional Kyrgios can be - not sure if disrespectful or not. Broady seems to be embracing it though
    Kyrgios is a weird character - has never made the most of his talent and loves winding people up. Prone to self-destructing.
  • Options
    Good result though against the 21st seed. Hopefully a less intense match next against a qualifier?
  • Options
    Sloane Stephens 4/5 to beat Emma Raducanu looks very good value. I hate to lump on against the Bromley girl though.
  • Options
    meldrew66 said:
    Sloane Stephens 4/5 to beat Emma Raducanu looks very good value. I hate to lump on against the Bromley girl though.
    Just hope she puts up a decent performance.
  • Options

Murray’s section of the draw originally included Casper Ruud (no. 8 seed) but Ruud had to withdraw & was replaced by lucky loser Safiullin. The highest remaining seed is Jannik Sinner who could be waiting in round three if both were to win in round two.

There is a not-impossible route to a quarter final here… and if anyone has a bit of magic to make it happen, it’s Andy Murray. I just hope he can recover quickly from the five setter.

Sounds weird saying that a 3 time GS winner and 5 time Australian open finalist needs a bit of magic to reach a quarter final but given the last 4 years it would be pretty good going for Murray.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    meldrew66 said:
    I'm surprised she's struggled in recent seasons and dropped down to 65 in the rankings, as she's only 28 and won the US open 5 years ago
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    Raducanu starting now on Eurosport 2.
  • Options
    6-0  first set in 17 minutes... Great start!
  • Options
    jakecafc said:
    Blimey - not wishing to jinx anything but enjoying this so far!
  • Options
    Can't get over how many errors there are in the first game of the second set. Very poor and Raducanu can't afford to keep double faulting.
  • Options
    jakecafc said:
    broken in first game of second set - jinx.

• Options
    Shocking tennis in second set - so many errors by both players.
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    Stephens improving as the second set progresses...

• Options
    MrOneLung said:
    jakecafc said:
    broken in first game of second set - jinx.

It's all my fault
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Good start to the 3rd, come on Emma.
  • Options
    3 nil up in the third set.
    Her's to lose now.
  • Options
    Emma’s got this now 
  • Options
    Good win that.

Fancy her chances next round but a potential game in the 3rd round v Halep will be a big test.
  • Options
    Good win for her. Not a great match and Stephens looks out of form.
  • Options
    A massive relief to win that; after her struggles since the US open every win is welcome
  • Options
    Hopefully give her some confidence going forwards
  • Options
    I can’t believe the swings in that match , ridiculous… with those fluctuations she could win or lose the next match double bagel 
  • Options
    Did better than Leyla Fernandes who was knocked out in the first round