Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ongoing British Tennis…

Comments

• Options
    I can’t believe the swings in that match , ridiculous… with those fluctuations she could win or lose the next match double bagel 
    The inconsistency in the women's game seems to be a big contrast to the men's. The form of players seems much more variable.

Raducanu's game was littered with errors today.
  • Options
    I can’t believe the swings in that match , ridiculous… with those fluctuations she could win or lose the next match double bagel 
    The inconsistency in the women's game seems to be a big contrast to the men's. The form of players seems much more variable.

Is it that or is it more that the game isn't as dominanted by service games? 
  • Options
    The Cafc43v3r said:

Is it that or is it more that the game isn't as dominanted by service games? 
    I'm not sure what the reason is but there don't seem to be many dominant players at the top of the women's game at present - every event seems wide open. There are no players with the stature of Williams or Navratilova. 
  • Options
    Live rankings...

Norrie # 12
    Evans # 22
    Murray # 101
    Broady # 115
    Edmund # 128
    Clarke # 193

Raducanu # 12
    Watson # 85
    Dart # 132
    Jones # 149
    Boulter # 154

https://live-tennis.eu/en/atp-live-ranking

https://live-tennis.eu/en/wta-live-ranking
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    Murray is now fifth all-time in number of men's draw wins at the Australian Open (49). He overtakes Lendl and Agassi who were both on 48 with him.

Four players ahead of him are: Federer (102), Djokovic (82), Nadal (69), Edberg (56).

The six other players listed have all won at least two Australian Open titles. (edit: Nadal only has one)
  • Options
    Great to see Murray, Emma and Dan going through the first round. Any chance people can give a rough eta on future games, i always struggle trying to find these and often forget so end up searching for results. I wont be total lazy and will look myself still.. 
  • Options
    Great to see Murray, Emma and Dan going through the first round. Any chance people can give a rough eta on future games, i always struggle trying to find these and often forget so end up searching for results. I wont be total lazy and will look myself still.. 
    What’s Heather done to offend you?
  • Options
    What’s Heather done to offend you?
    Nothing, i couldn't find a few results. I follow any of GB lol not intentional
  • Options
    Emma’s match due to start around 8 (UK time) tomorrow morning.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Good win for her. Not a great match and Stephens looks out of form.

Stephens honeymoon is over ?
    Slone got Married on New year's Day and that's why there was plenty of Love in her game against Emma. 
  • Options
    Thank you very much, did try finding earlier and saw it gets released the night before. Perfect early morning background TV :) 
  • Options
    Same time as the mixed format #WAshes starts too
  • Options
    Dan Evans second round opponent has withdrawn so he's through into the third round and will face Auger-Aliassime or Davidovich Fokina.
  • Options
    Top seeds falling out of the women’s draw. Kontaveit (no.6) and Muguruza (no.3) both lost in the last 15 minutes.

Good news for Emma and Heather who happen to find themselves in the same quarter of the draw as both those seeded players.
  • Options
    Heather Watson has just started her match. Holds serve to start.
  • Options
    Heather Watson has just started her match. Holds serve to start.
    Loses the first set in a tie break.
  • Options
    Watson is out. Beaten 7-6 6-4 by 29th seed Zidansek.
  • Options
    Thank you very much, did try finding earlier and saw it gets released the night before. Perfect early morning background TV :) 
    Is there a way to watch the Australian Open without subscribing to Eurosport? I already pay for Now TV, Amazon Prime and Netflix. Getting ridiculous now!
  • Options
    meldrew66 said:
    Is there a way to watch the Australian Open without subscribing to Eurosport? I already pay for Now TV, Amazon Prime and Netflix. Getting ridiculous now!
    Betting sites
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Murray and Raducanu clashing, Murray on Euro1, Emma on Euro2, Murray a set and a break down, Emma is 2 love with a break of serve
  • Options
    Murray is in big trouble, lost both sets 6-4 so far.

Raducanu flying, 3-0 up in the first already.
  • Options
    Emma in trouble? still a break up 3-2 but got the medical team on at the moment and looks like shes done her wrist :( 

Murray A break up in the 3rd set
  • Options
    Emma likely to retire soon 
  • Options
    Emma likely to retire soon 
    Can't see her being able to continue if she can't hit properly. Hopefully it can get taped properly
  • Options
    Murray out 6-4 6-4 6-4.

Disappointing considering how open his part of the draw was looking.
  • Options
    Murray out 6-4 6-4 6-4.

Disappointing considering how open his part of the draw was looking.
    I think that recovery time is what is really holding Murray back from any sort of competitive return, if he had 6/7 days between matches I think he'd fair better in the best of 5 matches
  • Options
    Raducanu 2nd set was a real battle, ebbed and flowed both ways.

She wins it 6-4 and we go to a decider.
  • Options
    Raducanu sadly lost all belief/energy. That lack of effort to Kovinic's drop shot summed it up. She will learn from this as she always does and that is what it is all about. If she hadn't won the US Open we would still be talking about her as a "work in progress" but that is what she still is. Onwards and upwards but a bit of sideways and downwards along the way.

'