Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sabina Nessa - May she RIP

Comments

• Options
    Earlier this week near Derby, a mother, her two children and a friend of the children who was on a sleep over were murdered. A man has been arrested. IF he is found guilty, may he rot in prison for the rest of his life and not be allowed out on 'licence' at some time in the future. There again, some, like me, may well think that the death penalty is appropriate for cowardly child killings such as this. The UK will never re-introduce capital punishment though.
    I fully understand the sentiment behind your words. Personally I’d much prefer he spend years upon boring years in a grotty cell looking over his shoulder every minute of the day . RIP
    The trouble is SHG he wont, he will access to a fully stocked library, TV, play stations, snooker table, the opportunity to study etc, etc.

Add in the three square meals a day and he will live a better life than a lot of our elderly folk or those on a low income.
    I have a lot of sympathy for this argument though loss of real independence will be a blow until or if he becomes institutionalised. Also, heinous murders such as the one discussed should always carry a whole life term with no chance of ever being released. Recently the murderer of two little girls in the midlands, Colin Pitchfork was released on licence after 33 years inside. A long time to be sure, but how must  the relations of his victims feel now that this scumbag is walking around with a decent life expectancy ahead of him. If he'd killed my child, I would want him dead, no ifs and no buts 
    My main issue with the death penalty is mistakes are made in convictions. 
    Yes I get that but equally there are some cases where there is absolutely no doubt due to DNA etc. In these cases then I think that capital punishment should be an option. Think of cases like the yorkshire ripper, fred & rose west. Absolutely no doubt at all about their guilt. In the case of the Yorkshire ripper he spent years in broadmoor having 4 visits a week from young women who had contacted him to strike up a pen pal relationship. His life in there was hardly hard labour. In cases like these then capital punishment is suitable I think
  • Options
    Earlier this week near Derby, a mother, her two children and a friend of the children who was on a sleep over were murdered. A man has been arrested. IF he is found guilty, may he rot in prison for the rest of his life and not be allowed out on 'licence' at some time in the future. There again, some, like me, may well think that the death penalty is appropriate for cowardly child killings such as this. The UK will never re-introduce capital punishment though.
    I fully understand the sentiment behind your words. Personally I’d much prefer he spend years upon boring years in a grotty cell looking over his shoulder every minute of the day . RIP
    The trouble is SHG he wont, he will access to a fully stocked library, TV, play stations, snooker table, the opportunity to study etc, etc.

Add in the three square meals a day and he will live a better life than a lot of our elderly folk or those on a low income.
    I have a lot of sympathy for this argument though loss of real independence will be a blow until or if he becomes institutionalised. Also, heinous murders such as the one discussed should always carry a whole life term with no chance of ever being released. Recently the murderer of two little girls in the midlands, Colin Pitchfork was released on licence after 33 years inside. A long time to be sure, but how must  the relations of his victims feel now that this scumbag is walking around with a decent life expectancy ahead of him. If he'd killed my child, I would want him dead, no ifs and no buts 
    true, but in potential capital cases the burden of proof should be very high .. DNA has been a game changer for years and has reduced the chances of a miscarriage of justice .. still, nothing is foolproof and there is the added situation where jurors might be reluctant to find a guilty verdict in potential capital cases. Anyway we digress from the subject of poor Ms Nessa R I P 
  • Options

true, but in potential capital cases the burden of proof should be very high .. DNA has been a game changer for years and has reduced the chances of a miscarriage of justice .. still, nothing is foolproof and there is the added situation where jurors might be reluctant to find a guilty verdict in potential capital cases. Anyway we digress from the subject of poor Ms Nessa R I P 
    Her life needs to be celebrated - she gave a lot to her community. A great loss to many.
  • Options
    RIP Sabina, my sincerest condolences to her family and friends.
    I hope the bastard who killed her is found, locked up AND the key thrown away, for life!!
    So very sad and yet another woman murdered going about her business.
    What a sick world we live in.
  • Options
    RIP Sabina
  • Options
    A vigil for her tonight.
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    Billyboy said:
    Live 5 mins away, so sad too hear rip sabina..
    Wife is now petrified even walking to her car in morning.  Hope they catch the scumbag and soon.
    Same here, absolutely shocking. The Mrs always takes the kids to the slide park on the opposite side but is worried about this now. Hope they catch the person(s) ASAP.

RIP Sabina
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    What a truly awful way for a fine and oh so young lady to leave this world.  Hope that the evil person responsible for this is found very very soon.

Deepest condolences to Sabina's family 

RIP Sabina
  • Options
    We are talking about punishment but it is important this monster is caught before he strikes again. 
  • Options
    38 year old man arrested
  • Options
    Arrested 38yr old
  • Options
    Why? Just why.

A completely pointless crime. Devastated for her family.
  • Options
    edited September 2021
  • Options
    Putting this back at the top. They arrested a man but still appealing for help identifying cctv shots of another man. 

Some of you may not have clicked the sky link thinking this is solved.  It is not. 
  • Options
    RIP Sabina. Such a tragic loss. My heart felt condolences to all her family and friends.
  • Options
    With you 100% mate...I know referendums are not popular (well to the losers anyway), i would let the people decide. I want it brought back, too many evil bastards out there, if you deliberately take a life, you deserve to lose yours. Too many fools sticking up for the criminal fraternity today.

So sad for this lady, hope they get the perpetrator
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited September 2021
    Well it feels relevant to mention Ben Watson’s actions at full time at Gillingham, I was hugely disappointed people were applauding him for that, society needs to make its mind up, does it want to change permanently for the better, or not?
  • Options
    N01R4M said:
    Also reading that the local community and council have been handing out attack alarms and sheets detailing how local women can better protect themselves when out and about. 
    It's absolutely shocking that this is required....but hopefully not any indication that this may just be a random killing from someone who could re-offend.

What is needed is a no-tolerance attitude towards the "milder" harassment behaviours, which those who go on to commit such crimes have often carried out for years in the knowledge that they are highly unlikely to be pulled up for. 

This is not just a dig at the police, who we all know are understaffed.  I include things like workplace harrassment under the same heading.  The chances of a non-sexist (or in this case, maybe, non-racist) well mannered individual suddenly turning murderous attacker must be vanishingly small.  It is everyone's responsibility to do what they can to call out the small antisocial acts before some individuals escalate to major issues.
    It goes deeper than that. It’s how we raise and teach our children, especially young boys and men. It’s how you frame your language when speaking to and about women, how you react to sexist comments and jokes etc. 

I.e things like ‘How would you feel if that was your sister or your mum’ etc - why does gender matter there?! Maybe just treat people like a f*cking human being. 

Nothing really changes until men change and men challenge other men or comments, language and behaviour.
    spot on
  • Options
    Well it feels relevant to mention Ben Watson’s actions at full time at Gillingham, I was hugely disappointed people were applauding him for that, society needs to make its mind up, does it want to change permanently for the better, or not?
    What did he do?
  • Options
    Pointed to three Gills fans, they were youngish and said “your mum your mum and your mum” then mimed a blow job, they weren’t offended, but that’s the thing; it’s the bigger picture that it’s completely normal.
  • Options
    Pointed to three Gills fans, they were youngish and said “your mum your mum and your mum” then mimed a blow job, they weren’t offended, but that’s the thing; it’s the bigger picture that it’s completely normal.
    Thanks.
  • Options
    If that's an accurate description of what happened, I hope someone asks the Fans' Representative to ask difficult questions as soon as possible.