Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Can you spot yourself?

13»

Comments

• Options
    CAFCTrev said:
    Can you spot yourself? 

Under the M of images. Black t shirt
    Is there an equivalent angle after we scored?
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:
    Can you spot yourself? 

I was at the black and white photo game, but not in that picture

In the Wembley photo I am above the G of images in white top with sunglasses hooked into the button up top of my shirt
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:
    Can you spot yourself? 

I was at the black and white photo game, but not in that picture

In the Wembley photo I am above the G of images in white top with sunglasses hooked into the button up top of my shirt
    Did the big G obscure your view of the pitch?
  • Options

Photo in the Standard, @TelMc32 & I ringed.
  • Options

Photo in the Standard, @TelMc32 & I ringed.
    If that’s the home game against Fulham that we won 2 0, I was in a photo in one of the locals (probably the Mercury) as well.
  • Options
    Mametz said:
    September 1992 we weren’t playing at The Valley
    I’m confused too. Is it meant to read 1985?
    21st September 1985 V Stoke City, Lee scoring last goal, was there somewhere
    Was I there?
  • Options
    Photo by Tom Morris found in the Museum.

21 September 1985, presumably celebrating one of the last goals at the Valley.

Where are ya?

Is that the Valley ?
    Ok, Looks like it is, just couldn’t work out why there are so many fans in that bit or recall the small car park to the right
    Don't think that was a car park, but the yard of a timber merchants (?) in situ before the ground was built. The building with the door half way up and the white patch was their building, not Charltons. Their offices (visible with the white window) eventually became the first club shop when we returned to The Valley, and was later demolished and replaced by the "superstore"..
    Just worked it out it was probably a building I would have walked past at least 400 times on the way into the ground by that game when we usually entered by turnstiles close to the covered end or main stand (but not always) and never given a second thought to…
    This shows how far the property cut into the club's land. 

Where are ya?

Is that the Valley ?
    Ok, Looks like it is, just couldn’t work out why there are so many fans in that bit or recall the small car park to the right
    Don't think that was a car park, but the yard of a timber merchants (?) in situ before the ground was built. The building with the door half way up and the white patch was their building, not Charltons. Their offices (visible with the white window) eventually became the first club shop when we returned to The Valley, and was later demolished and replaced by the "superstore"..
    Just worked it out it was probably a building I would have walked past at least 400 times on the way into the ground by that game when we usually entered by turnstiles close to the covered end or main stand (but not always) and never given a second thought to…

Where are ya?

Is that the Valley ?

Where are ya?

Is that the Valley ?

at some stage that building became the clubs office I believe?