Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

FA Cup 2021/22 Thread

Comments

• Options
    AFC Sudbury v Colchester United in the FA Cup tonight, available on the BBC

Might be an opportunity to watch Brendan Wiredu
    I didn't watch, but he scored their first in a 4-0 win
  • Options
    One of many FA cup shocks over the weekend…. CAFC 3 Havant 1 😀
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    Jacko: "As I said to the lads, don't become a story on Sunday Morning".

Love it.
  • Options
    Is there audio commentary on CTV, or nothing at all?
  • Options
    Cloudworm said:
    Audio only, yes. Them's the rules for the FA Cup.
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    JamesSeed said:
    Cloudworm said:
    The pointless competition that no one can watch.

Great marketing by the FA. 
  • Options
    Coming late to this, it must be a symptom of my CAFC FA Cup PTSD kicking in.

Is everyone ready for our annual sphincter tightening cup embarassment this Saturday?

Going for 0-1 and Havant bowling away thinking they are world beaters, followed by a really big draw in the next round...

(Twitches uncontrollably)
    Been waiting for the preview thread but on absence of it here's my thoughts.......

For some reason I'm not approaching the game like some I have in the past & expecting a handsome win. 

Comfortable 4-0.
    Golfie I think your account has been hacked.
    Never thought I’d see the day @golfaddick and @happyvalley predicted the same result.
  • Options
     Hopefully a straight forward win with a good showing by Kirk.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    Cloudworm said:

Lockdown is over, the public are allowed back into games
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    JohnnyH2 said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Cloudworm said:

Yes I had noticed that thank you but I am Imprisoned in a quarantine hotel in Hong Kong  and was looking forward to watching this on a stream.

Making  it exclusive to 5000 people watching in South London seems a bit retro even for dinosaurs like me. 
    Putting a stream on is a different argument to your earlier statement that its a pointless competition that no one can watch, we have space for 27,000
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    JohnnyH2 said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Cloudworm said:

Yes I had noticed that thank you but I am Imprisoned in a quarantine hotel in Hong Kong  and was looking forward to watching this on a stream.

Making  it exclusive to 5000 people watching in South London seems a bit retro even for dinosaurs like me. 
    Ouch. Feel for you. Must be not much to look forward to so having this taken away is rotten.
  • Options
    The FA Cup is dying on its arse, it’s a shadow of its former self. 
    Would personally argue all football is due to having too many matches crammed into the calendar. 
    Don't forget the Premier League have done their best to side-line it. e.g.FA Cup final used to be the last game of the season-now its the final round of premier league games. Oh yes then theres the money...
  • Options
    Does the away team really get any gate money in this? I thought you get a bit of money for losing or winning but that's it for the away side. 
  • Options
    Looking forward to going to the game. Only a pity it's not away 

Hope we play a starting XI from the same 18 or 20 players in the league squad and we really go for it.

Henderson, Deji, CBT, Davison, Morgan, Watson, Kirk, Souare should all start along with some of the starting side.

Does that mean, does anyone know, that we can then play the same team v Orient as it was our first team in the last game?
    I know it'll do Henderson some good getting game time and if he doesn't then what's the point in him being here, but I actually hope that Nathan Harness gets a run out instead this Saturday.

He's done well in the EFL Trophy.
    When I’ve watched Henderson in the warm ups recently he seems to have put on some pudding. Saying that I don’t recall even seeing him out warming up at h/t on Tuesday.
    He was …. Have watched him
    for a few weeks biggest concern Is how slow he is at getting down to shots in the corners … would say 95% in warm up go past him because he just goes down in installments 

• Options
    Does the away team really get any gate money in this? I thought you get a bit of money for losing or winning but that's it for the away side. 
    The away side gets a decent share of the gate receipts
  • Options
    Looking at the H&W twitter (their forum isn't very active) they've sold around 1,200 tickets, 5k-6k will be the crowd at most today I think.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Is this game televised/on Charlton TV?
  • Options
    This site also seems to have ignored the match as we don't have a pre match thread, there will be players marks
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    JohnnyH2 said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Cloudworm said:

Ouch. Feel for you. Must be not much to look forward to so having this taken away is rotten.
    Thank you. Day 10 of 21 days incarceration on the 23rd floor of a hotel with sealed windows and crap food.

Never have Charlton matches taken on such significance. 
  • Options
    Thought the FA Cup was always split 50/50... that's why 20 years ago there was a trend of little clubs switching the tie to play away. Would be surprised if, assuming we win, we don't do the decent thing and give Havant all the gate receipts today... 50k isn't much to a League One team but significant to NL South. 
  • Options
    This site also seems to have ignored the match as we don't have a pre match thread, there will be players marks
    Myself and @Sage made the decision not to cover Cup games at the start of this season, hence why there wasn't a write up for the AFC Wimbledon game prior to the League Cup, same with the EFL Trophy games.

Take 2018/19 for example, I had to write five threads talking about Doncaster - Gets very challenging, of course if anyone else wants to give Match Preview writing a go should we make the second round then they're more than welcome :)
  • Options
    Myself and @Sage made the decision not to cover Cup games at the start of this season, hence why there wasn't a write up for the AFC Wimbledon game prior to the League Cup, same with the EFL Trophy games.

Take 2018/19 for example, I had to write five threads talking about Doncaster - Gets very challenging, of course if anyone else wants to give Match Preview writing a go should we make the second round then they're more than welcome :)
    that was a one off re Donny and doesn't apply now
    I reckon if I can spend about 4 hours per match doing the Statbank then others should manage the usual pre and post match threads
  • Options
    edited November 2021

that was a one off re Donny and doesn't apply now
    I reckon if I can spend about 4 hours per match doing the Statbank then others should manage the usual pre and post match threads
    No offence but do you still work or are you retired?

As it is I've had a pain in the arse Client to deal with for the majority of the week, so with my Full-Time role changing the last couple of weeks, its even making it challenging to combine the two - So kindly dont judge others when you dont know circumstances.

I'm sure if the mods feel that I cant keep up with demands, or even @Sage they can ask me to stop
  • Options
    JohnnyH2 said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Cloudworm said:

Thank you. Day 10 of 21 days incarceration on the 23rd floor of a hotel with sealed windows and crap food.

Never have Charlton matches taken on such significance. 
    That's incredibly strict quarantine. Just as well the windows don't open, Grumpy. You might be tempted to chuck yourself out!

I'm going to listen to the audio and watch a stream of the cricket. Maybe the best we can do today. Chin up.
  • Options
    FA -and you know nothing of my personal circumstances so let's leave it there, if you wish to continue this discussion then PM me
  • Options
    Caught out here. Can't you get tickets at the ground today?