Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Watching Newcastle with envy

Comments

• Options
    My Dad told me when he saw a Policeman doing CPR on Blackfriars Bridge early 80’s on a commuter who had suffered a heart attack - Dad was in the Army and did first aid training, but he was shocked at how ‘brutal’ he was being to do the CPR - Ginola has explained that very very well - you have to break ribs
    Had to do cpr quite a few times in my job and out of it, it is brutal and also knackering!
  • Options
    We need de fibs everywhere, let's hope this person is saved! Please god!
    Even grassroots clubs have to have a defib so I’m sure there’s plenty at a Premier League stadium. 
  • Options
    My Dad told me when he saw a Policeman doing CPR on Blackfriars Bridge early 80’s on a commuter who had suffered a heart attack - Dad was in the Army and did first aid training, but he was shocked at how ‘brutal’ he was being to do the CPR - Ginola has explained that very very well - you have to break ribs
    Had to do cpr quite a few times in my job and out of it, it is brutal and also knackering!
    I agree with term knackerin. I did a emergency first sid course for my job. Did the practice on the dummy torso pushing down about 2cm each time st 60 beats a minute. A fat 60+ bloke with a dicky heart.if it had been a real patient they would have drowned in my sweat after 5mins.
    But glad I did it.

• Options
    cafctom said:
    Newcastle seem like bit of a calamity club, and have done for years. If something is going to go wrong, then it’s usually going to happen to Newcastle.

Knowing their luck they’ll end up relegated after the biggest takeover the country has seen in years.

I have a feeling this isn’t going to work out as planned. Can’t quite put my finger on why, but it would just be very much a Newcastle thing to happen. 
    A bit like Charlton only on a grander scale..
  • Options
    Fuck Saudi blood money and any praise of their ownership. 

Would literally rather be relegated than be envious of being a puppet for the worst state in the world. 
    Agree, takes supporter desperation to new heights, what next, Arsenal supporters defending their *I.S. takeover with their new found wealth because it’s ‘helping them understand western culture’?

*I made this up 👍🏻
  • Options
    edited October 2021
  • Options
    cafctom said:
    Newcastle seem like bit of a calamity club, and have done for years. If something is going to go wrong, then it’s usually going to happen to Newcastle.

Knowing their luck they’ll end up relegated after the biggest takeover the country has seen in years.

I have a feeling this isn’t going to work out as planned. Can’t quite put my finger on why, but it would just be very much a Newcastle thing to happen. 
    With that much money available it absolutely will see them in the top spots. The only question is how long it will take. A lot hinges on what happens in January. They have to get the right players and the right manager to keep them up. And if they don't, if they go down, it will be fucking brilliant. But it will only be a stumbling block before the inevitable happens. 
  • Options
    Newcastle could become the richest ever English club .. in the Championship .. unless they improve tout de suite
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It actually makes me sad for two reasons:

1. that so much in this country now is reliant on Middle East, Chinese or Russian money

2. I’ve had 4 in for a 5-fold and Spurs were my outstanding one. Ummed and arrred on the cash out allday but let it run :-( 
    The only things in the UK that are “reliant” on money from those countries are football clubs that need massive cash infusions to keep up with other clubs that are already funded by such entities.

You can add the US to your list as well since they own Liverpool and Manchester United.

As Mike Ashley himself said, “I am a wealthy man but I can’t compete against clubs funded by an entire state.”

Outside of football investment from those countries is not particularly consequential - check out the chart….

Top source markets for FDI projects into the UK

https://www.gov.uk/government/statistics/department-for-international-trade-inward-investment-results-2020-to-2021/department-for-international-trade-inward-investment-results-2020-to-2021-online-version
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:
    PIF is the investment fund that owns Newcastle. PIF is connected directly to the Saudi government. 

Manchester City are owned by the City Football Group, the founder of that group is Sheikh Mansour, the deputy prime minister of UAE, as well as a member of the royal family. 

Chelsea are owned by Roman Abramovich. There are several schools of thought on why Arbamovich, who made his billions by ransacking the former Soviet Union, chose to buy Chelsea. One is that he did it to raise his profile and avoid a poisonous fate. Another is that he works in closely with the Russian President. 

Liverpool and Manchester United are owned by Fenway Sports Group and the Glazer family respectively. Neither of which represent the US government or their interests. They do not belong on the same list as City or Newcastle. 
    I think the point @AFKABartram was making was around the broader issue of foreign investment in the UK as opposed to state-backed investment.

You are correct in your delineation of the US investment vs Arab investors but the point stands that the UK doesn’t have the scale of private wealth that the US does to make these investments in football or elsewhere.
  • Options
    Would be LOL if the Saudis buy the club and then next year they are in The Championship.
  • Options
    Nice one Spurs. Let’s hope Newcastle get relegated and the Saudis pull out. 
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    Nice one Spurs. Let’s hope Newcastle get relegated and the Saudis pull out. 

More likely they would spend $150M on incoming transfers in The Championship. Since FFP rules would not apply if they bounced right back up due to the two year delay in reporting and you start with a blank slate in the EPL.
  • Options
    Is Ms Staveley going for the Bride of Widerstein look ?

Image result for Jocelyn Wildenstein Size 203 x 165 Source moneycom
  • Options
    J J Shelvey does his best to ensure a quick departure from Newcastle United F C .. (he's 29, started young, seems to have been around for ever)
  • Options
    Just noticed PJ and Duncan don’t look too happy! 

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just noticed PJ and Duncan don’t look too happy! 

They are getting ready to rumble !!
  • Options
    I'm a Geordie, get me out of here
  • Options
    She is one weird looking women ! 
  • Options
    Sky sports dancing around the Newcastle controversy by focusing on Steve Bruce for 15 minutes. 

Apparently they 'don't have the time' to talk about the criticism of the ownership though. Sky sports showing their only care is the money involved. 
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    She is one weird looking women ! 
    You mean she looks like more than one?

Two faced…😆
  • Options
    I really really really really hope it all goes tits up...
  • Options
    The bloke on the right looks like he's doing the Peter Kaye V-sign!
  • Options
    Yes it could all go Tits up....
    But the hope and anticipation there today
    I really hoped that under TS - a new  dawn was upon us
    I still believe it can be
    He has some big decisions to make - for that to happen!

Jealousy of their blood-soaked new wealth?
    Really?
    You're welcome to that pernicious self destructive emotion.