Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Watching Newcastle with envy

Comments

• Options
    cafckev said:
    My Dad told me when he saw a Policeman doing CPR on Blackfriars Bridge early 80’s on a commuter who had suffered a heart attack - Dad was in the Army and did first aid training, but he was shocked at how ‘brutal’ he was being to do the CPR - Ginola has explained that very very well - you have to break ribs
    Unfortunately it’s not just broken ribs. If you are shocked by a defibrillator, it burns your skin and your left scared too  🤪🤪🤪
    I'll take burns, scars and broken ribs over the alternative.  Thanks.
  • Options
    Billy_Mix said:
    Yes it could all go Tits up....
    But the hope and anticipation there today
    I really hoped that under TS - a new  dawn was upon us
    I still believe it can be
    He has some big decisions to make - for that to happen!

Jealousy of their blood-soaked new wealth?
    Really?
    You're welcome to that pernicious self destructive emotion.
    Where did I say I was jealous?
    I was alluding to the dawn of a new era with new owners
    Something I was looking forward to under TS

• Options
    I personally don't envy them at all.

I'd still much rather support a league two Charlton. 

I want a lot of money but I f*cking hate the concept of it at the same time. 

I'm happy when I don't give a shit. 

There's a reason why a chunk of city fans have lost interest.

You should have to earn success and respect. Not just have it handed over to you.

Footballs off field challenges - is now a separate game.
  • Options
    Can journalists that attend games wear blood soaked shirts - would that be offensive / be seen as cultural appropriation?

• Options
    edited October 2021
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    https://www.themag.co.uk/2021/10/this-appalling-treatment-of-newcastle-united-fans/

Written by a Newcastle fan: 

"I am appalled at how badly Newcastle United fans have been treated.

The abuse that has been heaped upon us from pundits, press, football managers and others has been hysterical, over the top and deeply unfair.

Not since the vilification of the fans at Hillsborough (which was of course absolutely horrific and a whole different level, considering the way certain sections of the media were actually blaming the Liverpool fans for all those tragic deaths) have I seen such opprobrium heaped on a fan base.

And the crime? Not being ‘happy’ with our lot. Daring to suggest that the manager of the team we love is not up to the task. And daring to challenge the status quo."

• Options
    https://www.themag.co.uk/2021/10/this-appalling-treatment-of-newcastle-united-fans/

The abuse that has been heaped upon us from pundits, press, football managers and others has been hysterical, over the top and deeply unfair.

Not since the vilification of the fans at Hillsborough (which was of course absolutely horrific and a whole different level, considering the way certain sections of the media were actually blaming the Liverpool fans for all those tragic deaths) have I seen such opprobrium heaped on a fan base.

And the crime? Not being ‘happy’ with our lot. Daring to suggest that the manager of the team we love is not up to the task. And daring to challenge the status quo."

Is that a parody?
  • Options
    do it again .. your hands will be cut off and your wives and children sold into slavery
  • Options
    Chizz said:

Is that a parody?
    Note that line has now been removed along with an apology.

What on earth went through someone's mind to make that comparison, and then even worse decide to print it for the whole world to read? 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Their fixtures don’t look great and then who’s gonna wanna go there in Jan? Relegation release clause galore.
  • Options
    Eurgh, they’re such begs
  • Options
    They should've added a couple more lines to that banner ...

- Bankruptcy
    - Knocking the St Johns Ambulance
  • Options
    Not wrong, are they?
  • Options
    Been some complaints about it,police are investigating apparently
  • Options
    Remind me where the world cup will be played next year?
  • Options

One million dollars
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Did they do a banner when their billionaire owner cut staff wages across his sports teams by 20% during a pandemic?
  • Options
    Fair play to the Palace fans for that. I hope all clubs fans do something similar when Newcastle rock up. 
    I’d hope all clubs with iffy owners are subject to the same. But I’m sure the “keep politics out of football brigade” will try to stifle any such action.
  • Options
    Palace should have hammered them today. Nice VAR disallowed goal for them at the end though.
  • Options
    Been some complaints about it,police are investigating apparently
    Why?  What a waste of their time.
  • Options
    As always, this will all be forgotten about in around a year or two and be accepted. 
  • Options
    iainment said:
    Fair play to the Palace fans for that. I hope all clubs fans do something similar when Newcastle rock up. 
    I’d hope all clubs with iffy owners are subject to the same. But I’m sure the “keep politics out of football brigade” will try to stifle any such action.
    Nobody has done it for City or Chelsea for years!
    They should have. And to our shame we should have with Chelsea when we were playing them regularly.
  • Options
    Apparently they’ve done a u-turn on the tweets asking supporters refrain from wearing such attire. Comms team threatened with a one way ticket to Saudi Arabia? 
  • Options
    Newcastle takeover: Police investigate Crystal Palace fans' banner criticising Saudi Arabian deal
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/59025887