Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread: Charlton Athletic v Accrington Stanley | Tues 19 October 2021

Comments

• Options
    1. 69'

Booking

Chris Gunter (Charlton Athletic) is shown the yellow card for a bad foul.

• Options
    Well at least he'll get the boot now. 

Players are getting off lightly though. This is the worst Charlton team I can ever remember 
  • Options
    I have never known a side be so easily played through, just run at our defense and they part and show you inside for a better view of the goal. It's pathetic and they don't seem to learn.
  • Options
    Why can’t our keeper save these shots?
    Beaten at near post from distance - that was poor. First goal from free kick was quality strike though.
  • Options
    Looks like Washington and Davison are coming on.
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Yet again, players getting off lightly. A fucking disgrace
    Totally agree. Adkins is rightly getting stick but these players are a disgrace.
  • Options
    Time for Watson to turn this around.
  • Options
    I hope our players are paying attention every time we come close to having an effort on goal - Accrington body in the way EVERY TIME to block it
  • Options
    And that is that.  Why lose the possession battle, and then keep 3 midfielders on against 6?  Really.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Leko down the left, cuts into the middle but his shot is cleared.
  • Options
    In the words of Prince / Chaka Khan - for the brave people going to Sunderland ‘I feel for you, I think I love you’…..
    More Elvis Costello "I would rather be anywhere else than here today"
  • Options
    This is the worst bunch of players in the history of our club. You can blame Adkins (which we should) but the last two goals were pub league.  Defenders and midfielders literally could not be bothered.
    You can blame Adkins for formations & team selection but a lot of the problem lies with Sandgaard and not bringing in the right players & early enough.

I was saying this in late June 
  • Options
    Get rid of the fucking lot of the management team! Recruitment, tactics all awful! 
  • Options
    More good work from Leko but the ball is cleared away.
  • Options
    Not for a moment would I ever want us to lose a game.

But my reaction to those last two goals was a small inward laugh.

The recent history of our club has broken me. I am numb to the godawful tactics, the appalling results and the constantly underperforming players.

I’m don’t get angry any more. The team don’t surprise me anymore. I don’t even get all that disappointed anymore. Because I have such low expectations now. I’m posting this in the middle of a game because I have zero expectation of us getting anything out of this game. Now that’s a pretty tragic situation.

All I can hang onto is the hope that this is the end of Adkins’ reign and that somehow we can find someone to turn our season around. But even then I’m not sure anyone can polish this particular turd.

It’s almost unbelievable, the mess of our club. But they say it’s darkest before the dawn. Here’s hoping.
  • Options
    73' SUBS | Conor Washington and Josh Davison are on for Sean Clare and Corey Blackett-Taylor. #cafc 1 #asfc 3
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'm hoping Accrington might give us two more own goals just to make a game of it. 
    I'm hoping Sandgaard sells to someone with a fucking clue about football. 
  • Options
    Washington on for Clare, Davison on for CBT.
  • Options
    For me it feels exactly how we played towards the end of Bows reign. Just devoid of ideas on the ball, completely open off it. 

For me there’s clearly something wrong with the culture behind the scenes on the training pitch as we easily fall into these sorts of patterns of play. 
  • Options
    Couple of lads being ejected from the East Stand
  • Options
    Anyone fancy a pint?
  • Options
    Couple of lads being ejected from the East Stand
    Lucky them.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!